Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2011, 12:24 am 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with the CCB issue. If you read every post in the entire thread and if you've noticed the recent changes, this has nothing to do with "censorship", which was the issue brought up last time. Entirely different matter. I'd actually appreciate it if the mods read and took into consideration everyone's posts and opinions here, but I don't know how likely it is for that to happen - since whenever we voice disagreement with anything on this goddam forum (not just for the hell of it either - like it's been said, these are legitimate issues we're disagreeing with), there are some who automatically assume that it's our intention to start some sort of "rebellion" or a "mod-war". No. It's not.

This section is called "Suggestions and Comments" for a reason, not "Agreement and Positive Comments Only". Opinions exist to be expressed as long as it's done in a civil and mature manner. We have done that.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2011, 12:59 pm 
Istari
Istari

To set things straight, when I said that it seemed like a mini-war was starting, I did not mean that that was anyone's intent or goal. It just seems like this is getting out of hand. I think both sides are completely legitimate, and I agree with both of them. The members want more of a say and to have their wishes taken seriously, and the mods are trying to please the members by updating AU while keeping Arweb's rules in mind.

I think that the only way for this to be solved is for the mods to have an active conversation with us, not just posting in their Moderator's thread while we post here. :yes: I really don't want this to turn into an "us vs. them" sort of thing, and direct communication is starting to become necessary. I wasn't here during the Censorship issue, but from what I've heard, it was really ugly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2011, 7:13 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

As the main organiser behind the Censorship Causes Blindness movement, I believe I would know it best.

Our grievance then was censorship but that was merely a symptom of a problem. A problem that has gloriously resurfaced before you guys now. You know the problem as well as I do. There is no communication between us and the mods. Then we tried to voice our questions and demands and were ignored. Thus the movement was created to get their attention. We did, only for it to be destroyed ruthlessly by your beloved Arweb. With no concessions to us, I might remind you. I understand there were certain agonies but none was more agonizing then having a dream, albeit a small dream created from idleness, crushed so unceremoniously.

That was then. For those concerned if I will be starting something similar, rest assured I will not. Unfortunately, the days when I led forum revolutions have passed because now I have my own progressive ventures to go on. Ventures that are far more exciting and more rewarding and dare we say, more important in the real life. It'll be like having the desire to play in a sandbox when an entire city is open to explore. So you'll just have to solve this issue some other way, won't you?

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 7th, 2011, 3:31 am 

Hey Friends!

(Please forgive the unorganized format of my post, it's late and I'm tired AND I should probably also add, I'm sorry if I offend anyone)

I just want to let you know, that I have read all of your comments (the good and the bad). After reading through all of them, they made me second guess why I come back here (I know I'm not the most post-happy member, but I do lurk and read and I'm always impressed by the knowledge that exists about various topics). We should be encouraging members to stay, not driving them away (what kind of forum is that?!).

Most importantly after reading the posts, I was disheartened by the accusations and blame that has been placed on the Mod team. I understand that you're ranting your frustations...However, I want to emphasize something very important, we are human too and we do have feelings (would you express your frustrations like this to your friends?) I know for certain, it is NOT our goal to be pretentious (I'm friends with many of you on Facebook and I think we have more similarities than differences).

We are trying, just like you, to be a member of this forum. Just because our title is something different, we shouldn't be treated as something else. We try to act in the best interests of the forum and the members (mock if you like), but, we are human and we do make mistakes. So instead of making accusations, maybe make constructive suggestions. This reminds me of many of the classes I've taken when we have had to review fellow classmates work, we start out with the good points and then we suggest what could make it better... "I liked _this_, I believe that you could make it better by doing _this_ as well or not doing _that_" We all enjoy hearing the good that we do and the ways we could be even better, so, let's apply real life situations to A-U.

On behalf of the Mod team, I'm sorry if any of the changes have caused any discontent. And I'm sorry, that many of you have so many frustrations with the forum.

How about instead of "Positive Suggestions", we call it "Constructive Criticism"?

Also, I encourage you all to PM the Mod Account or Individual Mods. I for one, will respond.

(I also want to give a little cheer out to the mod Ivy for spending the majority of her day clearing out all those bad spam accounts)

[Will accept any PM! So PM me! :teehee:]

Profile       WWW