Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Forum
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2011, 2:34 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

I know this may sound blasphemous to most of you older A-Uers, but I've really wanted to get more active in this forum, and one of the real turn-offs for me is the forum. I'm used to Invision Power Board, and that's one of the big forum layouts now. I know everyone here is probably used to this forum, but I'm just offering my input. This forum system just seems really primitive, and many of the bigger forum systems offer much better features. Thanks for listening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2011, 3:57 pm 

Thanks for your input Himlond!

While we respect your opinion, the majority of members have been content with the current software, and we feel that a transition to entirely new software would be a great amount of work for those involved.

Moreover, as you may have noticed AU is about to undergo a HUGE change. We're working and planning hard to make the forum a bigger and better place to participate in! If you would like, there are a variety of threads in this section of the forum addressing which direction the forum should take in the future! I highly suggest that you participate and check out those threads because we value every member's ideas and input!

[Will accept any PM! So PM me! :teehee:]

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2011, 4:34 pm 

A valid comment, all input are appreciated. :)
Even though this isn't something I've thought about I definitely understand your point and I do agree that it would be fun to have more features and buttons to play with but I also believe that there's got to be a member base and quality content in order for the current forum to venture into such a change. And true we may not have a very large regular member base or many active discussions at the moment but I still hope that we can rise from what we've got and build on top of this and that our chances are better than starting almost from scratch. I've seen a couple of sites with very primitive options and yet if the right content is there and the right people they will thrive.

But please, please join us in the other discussions on the A-U revival. It sounds like you have another - and fresh - perspective on things that would be worth sharing. :-)

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2011, 5:42 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

My opinion is that we're fine as primitive as we are right now, and we are all very comfortable this way. Why do we need all those functions? We have never had problems working with what we currently have. I've also used Invision before, and quite frankly I hated it. Too flashy.

Profile       WWW