Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hallowfest?
PostPosted: October 15th, 2011, 1:07 am 

Ah... my apologies for being insensitive to his... er... affliction. :P

I'll probably burst from keeping the secret! It's a good thing it's online, though. I can snicker at everyone from the safety of my room without giving away the game. :teehee: Trust me, if it were real life, everyone could just take one look at my expression and immediately know if a clue's a red herring or not!

So, shall it be the two of us hosting, then? I will if you will. ;)

PostPosted: October 15th, 2011, 1:45 am 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

I know! I'm like that as well. I'm a very bad liar. :P

Yep, I'm all for it. What's the best way to communicate about this in secret? I signed my mum up for facebook (LOL) so I could enter some competitions that insisted on entries via FB only (what a mean trick) so if you want we could use FB maybe? If there is a way to keep it all private (been that long since I had FB I can't really remember).

Also, I know Kit is busy, but if she could maybe do like a Top Ten list thing, giving a brief run down on what she used to do, what order she did things etc. It might just help us is sorting out things.

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 15th, 2011, 8:17 pm 

Sure! Facebook works for me, and we can IM on it as well. I'd be awesome to get Kit's input, too. (We've got to drag her into this somehow. :teehee:)

PostPosted: October 15th, 2011, 9:35 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Ok, well I'll PM you my account then. You can give it to Kit as well if you want. I'm sure she'll understand that we would like to have a teeny weeny bit of help from her, just enough to set us on our way. :-)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 16th, 2011, 1:44 pm 

Hey guys!

I've been following this thread and I just want to give you two my blessing for organizing this! I'm sure you'll do great! :) I hope that I'll have the time to particpate. If I wasn't so incredibly busy than I would have loved to organize this with the both of you! I will soon get Sparkle out of my RPG-character-closet and dust her off. The poor things has been in there for an entire year! And I think she'll be so excited to get an invitation from Algie for a party, although she'll be disappointed that she won't be the only guest there.. :teehee:

Just some practical points:
- The Hallowfest will start next weekend? Shouldn't we start with some shameless advertising, set up a sign in thread and get people submitting profiles and names that should be changed?
- Also, wouldn't it be nice if we could get in touch with some older AUers who might like to come back for the Hallowfest? (Some really active Hallowfesters have disappeared this year I believe)

That's it for now.. I should get started on my new sigset soon! :-D

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

PostPosted: October 16th, 2011, 2:18 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

I hope you have time too! We need to get somewhere with this AlgiexSparkle romance! :D

Yep, you quite right about the advertising stuff. I probably won't have time to make any banners or anything, but if we agree on the dates for this, then I'll post a request for some banners and see what we can get. :-)

I'm sure setting up the profile page will be easy enough to do, once we get the dates figured out, and probably give a better description of the Hallowfest than usual as hopefully this year we'll be seeing new faces as well as the old ones.

I'm not sure the best to contact our older Hallowfesters - Mrs. Haldir, Larael, Monty etc. Some whom are still around AU but just don't know where planning this and others who haven't been here awhile. Let me go and see who we had last year and who we could contact....

EDIT: These are a mixture of people who I know haven't been around lately, and some who I personally just haven't seen.

Pandora
Goldleaf
Lor En Estel
Nienna of Rohan
SilverRose
Darkheart
Tar
Mrs. Haldir
PD
Freya
Altariel
Larael
TT
Inwe

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 16th, 2011, 2:37 pm 

^ I know that Goldy is around once in a while and I often talk to her through PM, so I can contact her if necessary. Darkheart indeed hasn't been here for a while, but I know that she has not left. So perhaps PMing her might work as well.

PD and Pandora kind of left some time ago, but I can contact them on their forum. (And perhaps also on FB, but I don't use FB that much, so perhaps other should do that.) About the others..I have no idea where they went or if they left, but I'm sad to see how many actually have disappeared.. :( Would contacting them on FB work for them?

PostPosted: October 16th, 2011, 2:41 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Well maybe putting an announcement on the AU FB groups would be a good idea. I know we still have some oldies here who use FB a lot, so maybe someone who can spread the word would be useful in just reminding people that our Hallowfest event is coming up.

Some others who are still on the forum, I'm sure will notice the banners and join, it's just at the moment I guess they don't know about it yet.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 16th, 2011, 4:03 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Hey Hallowfesters! Will suggested I come here to discuss with you guys about Hallowfest and the RotR Elven Ball and the possible conflict between the two. I had a very tentative start date of October 22 on the Ball, but I believe that's when you guys want to begin the Hallowfest. I don't think having them going on at the same time would be that big of an issue, but I'd like to hear your thoughts. Although, to be perfectly honest, there seems to be a lot more interest in the Hallowfest than in the Ball, so maybe the ball could be pushed back to early November. I don't know, I'd have to talk it over with Elenthari and Lembas.

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: October 16th, 2011, 4:29 pm 

Well, my experience as a Hallowfester is, that during the Hallowfest I have no time for anything else but the Hallowfest. So I usually stop posting for RPs and such things as the Hallowfest just takes up quite some time (especially since my timezone kinda sucks). I know that this is also the case for others. And it would be a shame if the Elven Ball was to be neglected because of the Hallowfest. So planning both events in the same period would, in my opnion, not be such a good idea.
But I would love to hear other opinions on that. ;)

PostPosted: October 16th, 2011, 4:37 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

I actually thought we had already had the Elven ball. I'm so dumb sometimes. :P

It's a shame that these two seem to be colliding, as I know last years Hallowfest fell a little flat and the recent Balls (be it Elven, Yule etc) have been falling flat in recent years as well, so both of this years attempts deserve to be given the best opportunity possible to make them a succeess.

You seem to have been planning the ball for a while, and if I thought it would be possible to move the Hallowfest back further, I would maybe suggest this is what we do. But already we are having it later this year and any later would defeat the object of the Hallowfest. :lost:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 16th, 2011, 5:40 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Yeah, it's the Hobbit Party that has already commenced (and is still technically ongoing, I think, but it sort of...died) and had a lot more planning going into it. Like I said, I've only been involved with RotR for a short time, so my planning on the Elven ball isn't as extensive as you think. XD I only just put up a thread requesting for help with the organizing of the party, and haven't gotten much feedback yet.

I agree with you about the timing of Hallowfest. I mean, it's a Halloween-themed event, and we're already cutting it kind of close with opening it up the week before Halloween. On the other hand, the Elven ball could really be held at any time. If Elenthari is agreeable to it, we could just push it back to November so it wouldn't conflict--and this would give us more time to plan the ball as well.

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: October 17th, 2011, 12:51 pm 

I know I've been rather quiet on this topic but here's my two cents anyway.

I loved how RotR was organised this year and how it involved a lot of our newer members, however, I also think that what makes our A-U events so special is that they run for a certain amount of time and then they end. I mean RotR wouldn't be so special if we had it all year round. ;) These forum events take a lot of planning and involvement to become a success so naturally they will have to be limited to a certain time frame.

So my point is that it might be a good idea to postpone the Elven ball since RotR already has been running for the planned time (I think Elenthari planned it for a month or so and had it ending now). The Hobbit ball was a great success both the planning threads and the actual ball so perhaps everyone could benefit from resting their feet from dancing and have a nap efter having feasted for days. :P

We could have the Elven ball around the holidays where it's also tradition that we have some A-U celebrations, like Secret Santa and have an Elven ball with a Yule theme or winter theme.

Concerning Hallowfest, I approve very much of Gimli and Taur hosting it. I'm sure it'll be awesome. :hug:

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

PostPosted: October 18th, 2011, 1:18 am 

^ Thanks, Ea. :hug: Hopefully, a Taur plus a JF equals something nearing in awesomeness to Kit. :D

It's really unfortunate that the Hallowfest throws the Elven Ball out of wack. :( There doesn't seem to be anything for it, though.

Incidentally, the sign-up thread is up!! (Shameless advertising)
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=21856

:bye:

PostPosted: October 18th, 2011, 11:14 am 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Advertising can never be shameless when it concerns the Hallowfest!

:speech: ROLL UP! ROLL UP! GET YER HALLOWFEST BANNERS 'ERE!

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=21856

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 19th, 2011, 1:37 am 
Welcomator
Welcomator

@ Will - If you could perhaps contact those people who you mentioned that might be very helpful. I'm thinking maybe if one person remembers about the Hallowfest and wants to join, the jungle drums may sound and the message may get passed on.

I'm sad Larael hasn't been around recently. I contacted her on her birthday but haven't had any reply, so she's obviously not checking AU for PM's. Anyone know how else to contact her?

Profile       WWW