Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

What's your opinion on the Hobbit movie now?
No Peter Jackson or Fran Walsh....are they insane?! 19%  19%  [ 12 ]
Without those who began the LotR movies, like PJ and Co, I don't feel the Hobbit will be the same 35%  35%  [ 22 ]
I hope the actors support Peter and Co. over New Line 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
The movie will be fine, hey how can they mess up the Hobbit? 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
We pray New Line works things out, begs, pleads and gets PJ Back! 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Both, are they insane and pray things work out :p 24%  24%  [ 15 ]
crosses our fingers and waits to see who they cast and hire as director... 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 62
 Post subject: PJ & the Hobbit
PostPosted: November 21st, 2006, 8:31 pm 

Here ye, here ye, fans of Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh and their production company. New Line Cinema has seen fit to release PJ from directing the adaption of the Hobbit on film. :confused: So, what are your opinions on this matter? Am I the only nutty fan upset by this and worried how the Hobbit will be portrayed now....am I the only one who feels Peter Jackson and Co. deseve to finish the world wide phenomena they started? As Peter wrote: they went there but can't go back again, unlike Bilbo's adventures. Let's hear your opinions, please.

~tin

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 21st, 2006, 9:57 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

No, you are not the only one. All the choices would have fitted for me perfectly but I chose "Both, are they insane and pray things work out" as I do think they are insane and I do hope they work out.

The Hobbit without PJ is like summer without sun, winter without snow, music without the orchestra, night time without the moon....you get the idea. :P

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 23rd, 2006, 12:49 am 

There's no way the Hobbit will be any good for us original fans without PJ and Co. in charge. It just won't be the same, and it won't have the same feel. New Line is making a mistake that could cost them seriously in the end. Hopefully PJ will have good enough sense to go after them and take the job himself. *sigh* What do they think they're doing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 23rd, 2006, 11:14 am 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I can't believe it. :confuzzled:

If New Line made so much money from the LotR movies all because of Peter Jackson's 'nevergiveup' attitude, don't you think they would be smart and let him keep going?!?!?!?!

And as for us fans, this is VERY dissapointing. I was really looking forward to PJ making the Hobbit. I'll probably still go see it, but it's still not fair knowing it probably would be a whole lot better with PJ on the project! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 26th, 2006, 8:10 pm 

The movie will be fine, hey how can they mess up the Hobbit? :closedeyes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 26th, 2006, 8:43 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

^ Quite easily. If they had cast Sean Connery as Gandalf, Jude Law as Legolas, Timothy Spall as Gimli, Emma Thompson as Galadriel and Kate Winslett as Eowyn, as was rumoured, then they could have messed up LOTR. Anything is possible with any book.

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 26th, 2006, 9:23 pm 

Casting mistakes aren't the only potential problem either. The could completely ruin the entire story if they're not careful. In short it just isn't going to be right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 26th, 2006, 9:28 pm 
Maia
Maia

Timothy Spall? Gimli?

*croaks*

I am very upset. Very. This just isn't right. Peter Jackson just had a knack in LotR, it's evident in the way he so truely depicted all the scenery and such. It's a shame that he won't be doing it.

*cries softly*

I vote that somehow, they get PJ and co back. By hook or by crook. It just won't be the same unless he directs it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 27th, 2006, 6:49 pm 

I agree with those saying it just isn't right, obviously since I already voted and voiced my opinion :p .... but if you want to voice your opinion, there's also this petition to get PJ back on the project... over 14000 have already signed! So we aren't the only ones who wish that New Line would get their act together... if you're interested here's the link..

http://www.petitiononline.com/hobnow/petition.html

I really hope they do straighten things out and don't let some fool direct, no offense to anyone...but imagine the outcry if someone had suggested replacing George Lucas in Star Wars?

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 27th, 2006, 7:31 pm 
Vala
Vala

As a fan of both LotR AND SW, I completely understand the above reference. :-P I did flip out when I read this (and voted for the first option, "No Peter Jackson or Fran Walsh....are they insane?!") and would flip out if George Lucas was removed from Star Wars. That would just be criminal. However, my favorite movie is The Empire Strikes Back, which was in fact only produced by Lucas, not produced-and-directed by. It was, oddly enough, done by one of his instructors from college. But anyway, enough of that. Point is, Peter Jackson belongs on The Hobbit and that's that. :-D

And I apologize for coloring all of my titles white, but I'm feeling crazy today. :-P

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2006, 11:10 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

well if the do get another director it better be one who is obbsessed with the hobbit and knows the books like the back of his hands or else I ight have to blow up there studio. But yeah I voted option 2

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 6th, 2006, 5:34 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Johnny's Fan wrote:
^ Quite easily. If they had cast Sean Connery as Gandalf, Jude Law as Legolas, Timothy Spall as Gimli, Emma Thompson as Galadriel and Kate Winslett as Eowyn, as was rumoured, then they could have messed up LOTR. Anything is possible with any book.

:jawdrop: *shakes myself out of it.* Taylon itara, they would have completely and utterly ruined the movie if they did any of that.

I chose the second to last option. I think that those people are crazy and they'll more likely than not ruin the movie.

This will be me if they do ruin it: :explode:

I shall be very, very angry. And I'm scary when I'm angry.

this is me::boing::roflmao::psycho::comppunch2::throw:
Thnx to sidhion and Gilraen!

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 6th, 2006, 10:07 pm 
Futon-Revolutionist
Futon-Revolutionist

I voted "Both, are they insane and pray things work out :p"

We have to remember that MGM is EXTREMELY angry at New Line for dropping PJ, and truthfully, I doubt PJ is stupid enough to keep the lawsuit going when he could settle it out of court, direct the film, and make MORE MONEY then if he wins and doesn't direct.

*Sighs*

And we all know that whoever directs it, we will go see it. :duh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2006, 5:13 pm 
Maia
Maia

I won't. *staunch* If they don't let PJ direct it, I refuse to go see it. Just like if they kill OBloom off, I'm not going to see any more PotC movies. some things just aren't right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 14th, 2006, 10:20 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

peter jackson is one of a kind. new line has got to realize that they've made a HUGE mistake! but maybe someone can do a good job, but not as good as p.j.

2nd banner and avatar made by me.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 22nd, 2006, 7:47 pm 
Istari
Istari

I agree that if PJ does not direct it then it will not be the same. Also they need to keep the same characters. I dont know how it will be any good with out them...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next