Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Graphic Makers Cookoff 2011 [COMMENTS]
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2011, 12:56 pm 
Elf
Elf

Challenge 2 Font Credit- Painted Messy & Truskey

Thanks for the comments people :D everyone's doing such a great job- I'm glad I chose not to judge!!!

& Nurr- L.O.T.R on Tumblr- I avoid using their coloured graphics, because that's stealing but the odd photoshoot is hidden on there, and there's some really amazing pics :D- it's good for inspiration too :D

& now for my thoughts on everyone so far :D

Morgie- I love how you use flat colours, they really make your icons and blends pop- and the blending on the walls and blends is amazing!!!

Skitteh- I hate you... no really- why is your colouring soooo nice?? why are all your graphics so good D: it makes me jealous, because your graphics look so effortless. And the Frodo/Ring and Legolas Icons are beeyoootiful!!!

Nurr- What a lovely lot of West End Wendies :D I still haven't seen Les Mis, and your icons just make me want to see it more!! I love the rainbow glow on your Sherlock and Hadley icons and such pretty blending on the Ramin Graphics!

Turr- Are you a machine??? Wow you've made so many graphics!!! And all so pretty- I love the variety of styles you use, but my absolute fav is the PJ challenge blend- I love the random vintage images in the bg. This icon intrigues me though, the colouring is so pretty, but I can't work out who it is :D

Elenthari- Only the one banner, but it's so good I can't wait to see more- I love how crisp your images look, and your text is seriously cool :D

Maneth- Your Hobbit blend is epic- and what I love most about it is how Gandalf and Bilbo merge seamlessly into it, and the runes across the bottom are perfect- fess up- are you PJ's official Hobbit photo editor??? :D. The Narsil blend is gorgeous too- it' so perfect it looks like it's a staged photo and not a blend :)

Caunion- Whee lots of Cillian ... besides the urge I'm getting to watch 28 Days Later, I really like the plain white Bg's they make your graphics look very sleek and clean- and your colouring is fab to boot!

- Enno & Harthad- can't wait to see what you have in store for us :D

Last edited by lembas on August 2nd, 2011, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2011, 1:14 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

I would not mind to be PJ's official photo editor! haha

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2011, 1:41 pm 
Istari
Istari

Haha, thanks, Lembas! I feel like I made a long road from what I was starting with ^^

Harthad, great job on banners!

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2011, 4:49 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Thanks you guys! I'm glad to see some Cillian love going on here but I'm giving you a fair warning. He's mine and I will defend my right to him, tooth and nail. :D

Smaug: LOVE your LOTR avatars. The Galadriel ones stand out in particular.

Shadowcat: LOTR banners are great. I just might flinch a couple myself.

Harthad: I rather like the Ten avatars. Oh the lovely variations.

Lembas: Like everyone has said, your Balrog avatar is pretty damn awesome.

Nurr: Love the Sherlock graphics. I want to see more soon.

Turr: Well, jeez. Don't rush through everything all at once. They look amazing btw!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2011, 11:06 pm 

You guys are much too flattering although I must say I'm rather proud of everything I've made :teehee:

Anyway... Nurrsheh, my dear Nurr. I see what you did there. :P I see what you did. And I approve, very muchly, because icons are tight. Like skinny jeans. [/lame pun]

I'll go through and comment on everyone's work tomorrow, because there's some lovely stuff being posted. :)

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2011, 7:16 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Um.. so I'm rather far behind :P I've been too busy packing etc but I do have 13 icons and 3 banners to put up when I get proper internet as opposed to phone internet. Yay?

Aha, moving day today so as soon as I get to my new house I'll be setting my laptop up in a corner and try to boost my numbers.

I can't actually see any of your graphics though I saw some before my internet disappeared and they were amazing <3 I can't wait to see them all :happy:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2011, 10:36 am 

Haha Skitty, yep, that's what I did.

Caunion: just for you, Frosty. ;)

Lembas: WHAAAT? You've never seen Les Mis? Drop everything and look up the 25th Anniversary Concert on YouTube. It's not the actual show itself, but it's enough to be the awesome beginning.

Smaug: The Gandalf icon of him riding out on Shadowfax is fabulous! And I really love what you did with the Eomer icon.

Enno: Looking forward to your stuff! :)

Skitty: D'awww, Gondor's finest. So precious. And I really love your day two challenge.

Harthad: The Doctor! Yay! I love them all! And your challenge stuff is really great!

Lembas: Haha, I hadn't noticed the picture of PJ with the pipe! Excellent. Your "something stirs in the east" banner is brilliant, as are your past two challenges.

Tur: Oh hey, Sherlock and Watson! Awesome! And I really love that balrog banner. Have I mentioned that yet?

ManEru: The coloring on the Minas Tirith banner is so pretty!

Caunion: Fassy! I love the Fassy. And I don't know much about Inglorious Basterds but they're great banners. :D

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2011, 11:23 am 
Elf
Elf

Nurr- It's disgraceful I know!! I literally have no excuse I love so many of the songs, and was so tempted to see the O2 concert at the cinema when it came out, and then when it came to dvd, and the 25th anniversary JVJ understudy/Courfeyrac is my friends brother- but then my friends who had seen Les Mis were all like: ' Nooo you can't see the concert before you've seen the real thing it's blasphemous, and it's nothing like the show blah blah blah ' D':

I'm loving everyone's current challenge entries- coulouring is my favourite part of graphics making :D

& Caunion- I am loving all the basterds graphics a lot :D

Last edited by lembas on August 3rd, 2011, 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2011, 11:26 am 
Istari
Istari

New challenge entries are awesome one by one. Kudos! :notworthy:

And thank you all for nice words, I am so happy you like my icons ^^

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2011, 5:29 pm 
Elf
Elf

Caunion: Did you use that guy who plays Clark in Smallville for one of your avatars?

Nurr: Thanks! And I'm afraid that I'll be posting a LOT of the Doctor Who--along with AVPM/S, of course. :D

Morgie: Can I still call you that, even though you're Smaug? You have a TON of avatars! Seriously, how are you making them so fast?

Lembas: Awesome work, as usual. :)

Shadowcat: Really cool-looking banners!

Tur: The Pixar stuff is cool. :D I sort of copied your idea, with my avies of the lamp and the Pixar Animation thing. . . . :whistle:

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2011, 8:45 pm 

As promised, I have comments. :P

Smaug: So many beautiful icons, I was going to pick a favorite but I just can't. :P The blending on your blends and wallpapers is fabulous too. :)

Harthad: Yay, Doctor Who! I love the most recent icons, the cropping is great.

Lembas: Argggh I am jealous of you. Everything is so crystal clear and wonderfully cropped and colored. Gaaaaaaaaah I love all of it.

Nurr: You are awesome at using text in icons. I cannot do that to save my life. And that wallpaper is seriously incredible. :swoon:

Tur: So many banners! A lot of them are very simple but they still look wonderful. :) I particularly like the Nazgul ones.

Elenthari: Make more, please! That banner is lovely and I'd love to see others with it! :P

Maneth: Lovely blending on all of them. The coloring on the Minas Tirith banner looks wonderful as well. :happy:

Caunion: Everything has this wonderful smooth look about it, and I love it. I love the textless pieces too, it's like they can still say something without having words. Also, I was about to use that same screencap for the Day Three challenge. :lol:

Keep it up, people, everything looks fab. :D

PostPosted: August 4th, 2011, 1:27 am 
Istari
Istari

Harrr-Harrr, I would prefer to be called Smaug ;)

Shadow - awesome Theoden blend!
Harthad - I love your new avatars :)
Lembas - your blends are way tooooooo amaaaazing, I am jealous.
Nurr - so many icons! :notworthy: I will be trying to be so fast like you, I swear ^^
Tur - awesome challege entry!
Caunion - I just LOVE your challenge icon.

PostPosted: August 4th, 2011, 6:42 pm 

Lembas - Seriously, he's your friend's brother? That is SO awesome! From all I've heard and seen, he's a really nice guy. Which just makes the fact that he's also amazing at music that much better. But you should still watch the concert. It is obviously not as good as watching the show, but the actors (minus Nick Jonas) are all phenomenal and it's good enough that it feeds the Les Mis addiction.

Smaug, I'm glad you like the challenges! 6 o'clock rolls around every night and I go "Oh shoot! I need to think up a challenge!" So I'm glad they're working out.

And thankee for the comments!

Smaug: Frodo! And Merry! And Legolas! I really love that last Legolas icon. The coloring is just perfect on it.

Skitty: le gasp! I spy a blend with color! No way! :teehee: It's beautiful. And I LOVE LOVE your challenge wallie. I may have stolen it. Shhhhh.

Harthad: Also loving the few Colin photos you're throwing at us! *huggles Colin*

Lembas: Alright, that "the board is set...the pieces are moving" set is BRILLIANT AND I WANTS IT PRECIOUS. It's so good!

Me: Done with Les Mis yet? Not even close. FWEEE!

Tur: The new banners are great! I like your text usage.

Caunion: So many avatars! And all of pretty people. And I love the Dr Horrible graphics!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 5th, 2011, 12:17 am 
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ

Man, I’ve got to catch up! I am including replies of thanks to your comments within my comments below, so hopefully that won’t be confusing…:erm:

@ Smaug – Earlier you said that I have a “new” feel to my graphics; thank you! Gotta love the Pippin avatars! :hug: And I really, really adore the Gandalf ones – so impressive! I am also in love with your latest Legolas banner!

@ Shadow – Please.stop.being.so.good. Thanks. ;) I am in love with all of your work!!!! And your most recent challenge entry…:swoon: Fantastic! And thank you for your earlier compliments; I am happy how the Nazgul ones turned out, myself! :whistle: :)

@ Harthad – I’m glad that you like the Pixar stuff! I had some pictures saved that I forgot about and well…there you have it! I love your Pixar work too; clever! *does a happy dance for Colin* Yay! And I *love* your “Granger Danger” one – how cute and witty!

@ Legolas – Haha, I think your claim to I being a machine is a polite way to say “has-no-life”, so I agree, I am a machine! :teehee: Thank you so much! That lovely icon that intrigued you is indeed the gorgeous Bradley James! I agree with Nurr, those icons and the pictures are quite stunning, and I love how they all have the same feel to them! And your latest three banners I am so in love with! Brilliantly done!

@ Nurr (the avatar goddess)) –
Quote:
Tur: Garrett Hedlund! Jensen Ackles! THE PRETTY! Okay. Calm. I also love the balrog banner, and the Frodo wallpaper, and the Jack Sparrow icon. And your challenge one is amazing!

^^ :hug: Thank you so much, dearest! (Also, thank you for the compliments on the Sherlock and Watson banners, and thank you so much for the Balrog compliment! You’re too sweet! :)
Okay, I dunno if these will be adequate directions, but five rows down and three (and four, technically), WHO IS THAT MAN?! The blonde with the cute smile that you have in color and black and white? Hello, dear! :teehee: I honestly need to admit to you that I am seriously blown away by how much you can do with an avatar – I can’t do a thing, yet you work magic! And I love your blends!

@ Maneth – Love the second challenge, dear! Show us more!

@ Caunion – Haha, thank you! :) Oh geez, I turn around and your post is bombarded by beautiful artwork! I am blown away by the clarity and simplicity of your work, which makes it all elegant and precise; I love it! And the blends are definitely my favorite, albeit your first challenge is quite remarkable!

@ Enno -- I cannot wait to see your work; good luck moving!! :hug:

PostPosted: August 5th, 2011, 12:17 am 

Ignore this post; sorry! :blush:

Last edited by Turwaithiel Rochben on August 5th, 2011, 2:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: August 5th, 2011, 2:04 am 
Istari
Istari

Thank you, thank you all! :)

Shadow, I love your wallpapers, they are just perfect. The same with Lembas' new banners!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next