Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kahme's Fan Art
PostPosted: January 5th, 2012, 8:21 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

I would like to take the opportunity to share some of my own art with you great people. Mine isn't dealing strictly with canon LOTR characters, but primarily the ones that I have created, based in Middle Earth. But Legolas is in there; he counts, doesn't he? :lol:

This is my main woman, Keena, when she was about fourteen in human years. She is Half-Elven (a peredhel). This is my very first drawing of her, soon after I became a LOTR fan. I did not colour it, but she has golden red hair, fair skin and grey eyes by the time she is an adult. (Her eyes are naturally blue, but because of her great age, they become grey, a sign of maturity and nobility in the Elves). :p

This is Keena in chibi form. I drew this in about two hours during an ice storm which took away my family's power for a while. I am very happy with how it turned out. Isn't she cute? :happy:

This, obviously, is my signature. As I said in a previous post, Keena and Las reach a difficult point in their marriage after Keena's miscarriage. (It was their first child.) This causes tension and sorrow between them; Keena even begins to have unwarranted fears that Las is being unfaithful. Of course, he is not, and assures her that he loves no other woman the way that he loves her. :)

This is a portrait of Keena and Las' firstborn daughter, Mírëanna. Her name means "treasured gift" in Sindarin, a name that Keena gave her because Keena had long wished for motherhood. Especially after the loss of her first child, Keena was overjoyed when Mírëanna was born; it was as if Keena became a wholly new person. The interesting thing is that Mírëanna does not resemble either of her parents. She more closely resembles Las' mother, while her sister resembles Las and her brother resembles Keena. But she does have her mother's dimples. :D

Thank you for viewing and leaving any comments. :kick:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: Kahme's Fan Art
PostPosted: January 26th, 2012, 9:01 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I like the first drawing! Her hair looks pretty good, although her eyelashes and eyebrows are awfully dark for someone with red hair. And the lips... they just don't look right. (ha a lot of help I am...) :P
The chibi is adorable! :P

Are you going to draw any LotR characters, other than Legolas?

Post subject: Re: Kahme's Fan Art
PostPosted: January 30th, 2012, 5:52 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Feanor wrote:
I like the first drawing! Her hair looks pretty good, although her eyelashes and eyebrows are awfully dark for someone with red hair. And the lips... they just don't look right. (ha a lot of help I am...) :P
The chibi is adorable! :P

Are you going to draw any LotR characters, other than Legolas?

Thank you, Feanor! :)

Yes, I'm aware of that. I drew the first one when I was like thirteen, so I didn't take that into consideration. >_>

Aw, I think her lips are beautiful. :happy:

To be honest, I hadn't considered drawing any other LOTR characters. Prior to this, I mostly only drew Keena and Legolas, not anyone else. But I should. :D

Profile       WWW