Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 2:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Graphic Maker's Cookoff 2012 [COMMENTS]
PostPosted: July 21st, 2012, 3:48 pm 

Comment on everyone's work here! (This keeps the posting thread clutter-free and makes it easier on people with slow internet connections.)

This is also a good place to post any credits you want to give, for images, brushes, textures, so forth.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: Graphic Maker's Cookoff 2012 [COMMENTS]
PostPosted: July 21st, 2012, 11:12 pm 

Well, I'll start the comment party by commenting on what people have posted so far. :)

Ariadne: I love the coloring on the Cate banner! And the contrast on the Icon banner is fantastic. :)

Nurr: The coloring is literally phenomenal on every single icon. I am jealous. Teach me your ways. Also, the wallpaper--crying because it is perfect. The contrast! The simplicity! The flawless blending!

Skitty: This is a weak start. Get moving. :P

Feanor: I am in love with the Thorin banner. I just can't stop looking at it and I kind of wish that I made it.

Maneth: The banner with Tyrion and Shae is awesome. The textures! The colors! Their faces!

Aranel: Everything you've posted is insanely quality. I can't wait to see more banners and blends from you, because the two that are there are so excellent. :D

PostPosted: July 21st, 2012, 11:57 pm 

Yeesh, I don't think I've actually made icons since last summer. I started and was like, "Were they always this small?" :blink: @Skitty: see, what I do is get one thing of coloring that works and then use it on every single image in the photo set. :P

Ariadne: Great start! I agree with Skitty, the Cate banner is gorgeous!

Skitty: You've come so far, I'm so proud. *sobs* Look at all the colors! :teehee: I especially love what you did with the Sam/Lucifer banner and the Theon blend. And the Faramir one is GORGEOUS.

Feanor: Yay Merlin! And the hobbit banners are brilliant! I love the Thorin one.

Maneth: That Jaqen banner is really cool!

Aranel: Fantastic icons! Your coloring is magnificent.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2012, 3:17 am 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Woo, great start, everyone!

@Ariadne: I love your icon banner, it looks amazing ^^

@Nurr...these icons. I am so jealous of your icon skills. Sell me talent! I will pay you 100 bucks!

@Skitty, your coloring is amazing. I always admired you for softness of your works and coloring.

@Feanor: Great Merlin icons! I love how colors match the theme ^^

@Maneth, your "Beauty" banner blew me away!~You got these skills!

@Aranel, your sense of color is mind blowing. I may steal your talent as well.

sig set by skitty banner by nurr

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2012, 1:47 pm 
Istari
Istari

Everyone's graphics look wonderful so far! :-D

Cara: I really like the coloring and the bright/dark contrast on your first three avatars. I also like the orangy borders you used.

Nurr: So many icons! :blink: I think the different photo placements are great.
Some of my favorites are your Julie and Sam banners, and I LOVE your Merry&Pippin blend. :swoon:

Skitty: Icons! great coloring, and the crown brush on the Aragorn icon is an artistic touch. My favorites are the second pair of Leggie icons.

Fea: I seriously love your second and third Hobbit banners. Great work! :)

Maneth: Nice Hobbit banner, and wow - the beauty banner is simply stunning. I like how the colors are so vibrant.

Aranel: Your colorization is fantastic.

Darkheart: Your icon banner is great - I feel like I can actually see a fruit bowl! :)

married Mr. Darcy 6/14/2012

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2012, 1:00 am 

Thanks guys! :)

Cara: Oh man, I love how vibrant everything is! The Merry & Pippin ones especially.

Ariadne: Those Dom banners are brilliant! And awww, it's great what you did with the Pippin blend!

Nurr: Oh look, Hadley and Scott. Gonna stop anytime soon? Maybe... :whistle:

Skitty: I'm just gonna continue to flail over that Faramir blend, k? Love what you're doing with the icons! And that's a gorgeous wallpaper.

Feanor: I love the LotS stuff! It's all so wonderfully blended!

Maneth: Your Hobbit banners are great! And even I, disliker of Rumbelle that I am, think that's a pretty awesome wallpaper. ;)

Aranel: Your coloring is so PRETTY. I think I said that before. I'll say it again. And again. I love it. And the blend is fantastic!

Darkheart: A) I'm totally snagging that Sherlock wallpaper because it is INSPIRED AND I NEED IT. Also that Castiel banner is amazing with all the little scenes. I love your style!

Damson: MEEEEERLIN! It's great! The wallpaper and your challenge are especially awesome!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2012, 6:31 am 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Ariadne: Sam blend! Awesome ^^

Nurr: Loves yer icons. And it's so many of them! How you find time ^^

Skitty: Your Tyrell stuff is just amazing. I am so envious!

Feanor: I love your wallpaper and its coloring ^^

Maneth: your coloring is so vibrant, teach me your ways ^^

Aranel: Everything you post is highest quality.

Darheart: Your avatars and bookmark is just beautiful :)

Damson: a lot of quality Merlin :) Good job, it's pleasure to look at them ^^

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2012, 2:15 pm 
Elf
Elf

So much excellent stuff :P

Cara: I love the colours and placement on your icons, particularly the LotR & Star Trek ones. Also this and this get a special mention for being AWESOME.

Ariadne: I adore the black and white contrast on your banners and your Sam blend. I also really love the dramatic look that you used on your icon banner. :)

Nurr: My God, your icons. :swoon: They're perfect.. I'm not at all sure how you manage to fit so much brilliance into such a small space. The "An unexpected Journey" blend is also fantastic.

Skitty: Can I have your everything, please? :swoon: It's all amazing. I think my favourite so far is the Team Free Will blend. :teehee:

Feanor: I love the array of colours that you use, in particular that LotS blend and this banner.

Maneth: Your blends are really stunning. I love the GoT & OUAT stuff. A lot. :teehee:

Aranel: Everything is full of awesome! The colouring on the icons and banners are amazing. And then there's that blend. :swoon:

Damson: The Merlin icons are brilliant. The Morgana wallpaper is my favourite so far. :yes:

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2012, 4:23 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Cara: I really like your last 2 banners... no clue what they're from, but they look really nice. The Merry and Pippin blend is my fave of your stuff so far.

Ariadne: Your bookmarks are pretty cool! I like your icon banner too.

Nurr: :blink: You have a lot of stuff. I love your Bilbo and Smeagol wallpaper! And this blend. The Sam banner is so shiny!

Skitty: *is jealous of Skitty's graphic making skills* :teehee: This blend is so pretty and green! And your "forth eorlingas" banner is really nice.

Maneth: Your stuff is so colorful! This one is really good!

Aranel: I love your "fire" banner!

Darkheart: That one with Bilbo and the Tardis... :lol: Love it! Your avatars are really nice.

DamsonRhee: Oh. My. Gosh. Your Morgana wallpaper is so awesome!! Really like your Gandalf/Merlin blend. And this banner!

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2012, 6:51 pm 

Time for another round. :P

Cara/Dany/You change your name a lot :P: The banners of Daenerys are fabulous. Also, the blend with Bran is blended so well, and the coloring is really beautiful as well.

Ariadne: Pippin! :) I love the Beacons blend. Actually, both blends are great!

Nurr: I really love the simplistic look you've used on the Bilbo and Gollum banner/blend, and the Gandalf banner. Basically everything you've made with Bilbo and Gollum, actually, is amazing, like the wallpaper. *dies*

Skitty: You have a problem and yes, you are actually capable of making GoT graphcis that don't feature Renly or the Tyrells. Boo.

Feanor: The blues on the most recent additions are beautiful!

Maneth: Such incredible colors, especially on the Dany blends. :) I also love the Fellowship banner--very cool texture.

Aranel: New banners! *licks* I love the blending, it's so seamless.

Darkheart: So much Castiel. This is good. I also am in love with the Sansa blend.

Damson: I love love love love love the Morgana wallpaper! The texture and text look wonderful. Also, the challenge blend makes me smile. :P

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2012, 7:07 pm 
Vala
Vala

Whoo, okay...now let's see.

Cara: Haha, sorry, you can't steal my so-called talent. *hides it away* :P Loving the colours you used. Your hobbit and GoT graphics are especially outstanding; your Bran blend is my favourite, it's so well done!

Ariadne: I'm appreciating you Cate banner too! I like the different ways you worked with that Pippin icon and that Sam blend is fantastic!

Nurr: I DO NOT KNOW WHERE TO START. The pace at which you spew these graphics out astounds a slow poke like me. Truth be told, your icons inspire me. But thank you! Is that Tom Hiddleston I see there? Your blends make me squee and your wallpapers reduce me to tears. Shame on you. :P

Skitty: You graphic genius you. You do know that I will eat your stuff if you continue that licking. XD I likewise am always looking forward to see what new things you post. I love love love your blends and must agree with Darky...I lost my soul to the Team Free Will blend. :lol:

Feanor: Amazing blending~ Your Bilbo banner is my favourite. Now post some more!

Maneth: I'm loving the colours you use, they're so eye-catching. Interestingly enough, I like your last banner best. But the Song of Fire and Ice wallie tops even that!

Darky: Can I say yum? I covet everything you posted. :teehee: My absolute favourites though are the Angel of Thursday, Sansa and Targaryen blend. Thank you for feeding my fandoms!

Damson: The Morgana wallpaper. <3333 Your icons are win, just so you know.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2012, 11:57 pm 

Thanks everyone! :teehee: Sorry that you now have to suffer through that Sebastian Stan spam.

@Skitty: Thanks! I love that whole cutout style, I think I might do a whole series of them. Should be fun.

@Nel: Why thanks! :blush: Ayup, that's a Tom Hiddleston.

Cara/Dany: Love the Bran blend! It's got a great feel to it, blending and color-wise. And the Star Trek stuff is awesome.

Ariadne: Ack, the Boromir bookmarks! So fantastic! Also the Merry banner!

Skitty: LOVE the Cas icons! And the Loras and Supernatural blends are just AMAZING.

Feanor: Seriously, I love what you did with the challenge. The blending and colors are brilliant!

Maneth: Your colors on your blends are all so vibrant! But I especially love what you did with the Hobbit blend.

Nel: GAAAAH everything you do is amazing and I love it all even if I don't care about the subject matter. Your blends are just stunning.

Darkheart: Again, LOVE your challenge. So perfect. And I just keep coming back to your Cas stuff (like that second blend) - so awesome!

Damson: :lol: Oh my gosh that Bilbo icon! And I love what you've done with the Gandalf and Elrond banners, plus your Merlin stuff is really just fantastic.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 24th, 2012, 9:12 am 
Istari
Istari

OK, where to start?

Cara, your challenge blends looks good; I like the photos you used.

Nurr, I really like your blends and bookmarks, especially the first blend on the second row.

Skitty, your new icons are great, and I like your ladies of ME banner. :)

Fea, I love the colors you used in your challenge blend. The Wallpaper is also very well done - good blending technique. :yes:

Maneth, I absolutely love all of your wallpapers. They're so bright and colorful! :-o

Aranel, your icon banner is really cool; all the pictures are well placed.

Darkheart, your new icons are great as well, and I also like your challenge entry. It really looks like it's the same story.

Damson, your bilbo icon is hilarious. "rough day"... tell me about it. :lol: Your banners and wallpapers are also all brilliant; I love them all! :)

married Mr. Darcy 6/14/2012

PostPosted: July 25th, 2012, 3:58 am 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Ariadne: I love your new wallpapers, their colors are amazing :)

Nurr: Your new blends = win. How you are doing so many quality works in so little time?

Skitty: These blends...pure awesomness. I want to be you ^^

Feanor: I adore you challenges, they are really well done.

Maneth: Your bookmark! Is gorgeous!

Aranel: Your bookmarks are mind blowing, I love the coloring and ideas. Also icons are win.

Darkheart: I adore your bookmarks and challenge blend, very nice idea mixing hobbits with Doctor Who :)

Damson: I love your blends, they are so well put together.

By the way, I wish I posted more art but I don't have inspiration...

PostPosted: July 25th, 2012, 11:55 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Thanks, guys! :)

Damson... I seriously love those Merlin blends! Especially the Gwen and Arthur one! The avatars are awesome. Hilarious. :lol:

Wow Nurr... are you doing nothing but make graphics all day long or something? :blink: Making that much stuff would take me weeks! :teehee:

PostPosted: July 25th, 2012, 4:37 pm 

:lol: Guys, I have no life. I sit at home every day and look for jobs.

Ariadne: Love the new wallpapers! I like the textured backgrounds you use.

Skitty: GUH. The Faramir banner and the Theodred blend. SO PRETTY. I need to commission you to make me something, anything LotR because those make me so happy.

Feanor: The new banners and wallies! They're great! The Gwen one especially.

Maneth: Your bookmark is beautiful!

Nel: I LOOOVE what you did with the bookmarks!

Darkheart: TEACH ME YOUR WAYS. The Snow/Mary Margaret blend is stunning and your bookmarks are incredible!

Damson: So much new stuff! The new blends are excellent and the icon banner is great!

Profile       WWW