Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 37  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April 11th, 2010, 6:37 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

Backstories are as fun to read as they are to create! I am always inspired to make new characters but I already don't play the ones I have so I suppress the urges.

I agree with Ara though, I can't wait to see Rinoa's reaction to SEANBEAN! <-- xD

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 11th, 2010, 8:22 pm 

EEEEEEEEE! That's so so so awesome! I love it! :hug: Thanks so much! I would totally love individual ones as well, if you don't mind dear. :D And it's also totally awesome because those are the exact same images that are on my desktop right now. So perfect.

And I have to agree! The SEANBEAN! banner is awesome! Hehe. :teehee:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 11th, 2010, 11:00 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Lembas wrote:
Lady Rinoa wrote:
Lovely work Lembas. :jawdrop:
(I must admit I love you for refusing to do Twilight. :hug:)
I know you have quite a work load but may I make a request? :happy:

Request Type: Set
Size: no preference, you decide. :D
Fandom: Sean Bean
Character(s): Sean Bean
Text: Whatever comes to your mind Lembas
*Dedication: No thank you
Matching Icon: Yes please
Anything Else?: *thinks* Nope, I don't think so.

Thank you in advance. :D

Double post

Hope You like this Rinoa :)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/ ... n-icon.png

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/ ... anBean.png

Everyone is waiting for my reaction. :laugh: Don't I just feel special? :teehee: Well the wait is over!!! And here it is:

:jawdrop:
ICH LIEBE!!!!!! :swoon: I love it so much!! :hug: :hug: You do such wonderful work Lembas! Mit tiefer Dankbarkeit! (With deep gratitude!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 12th, 2010, 4:47 am 
Elf
Elf

Whee :D Thank you all :)

Ara:
request again if you want xD I'm stupidly behind anyway lol it probably won't make much difference :P

Panda: haha I make characters but don't even RP or worse write rubbish OC fanfiction for them xD they're just OC characters who sit in my head and do nothing... maybe they're a kinda of really really lazy muse :P So your not playing of created characters is probably much better than me :P

Nurr: Righty I'll have a play around with Bradley James prettyness (and le Morgan of course) on the side of other requests :)..... Same pictures, OMG Pyschic or what :P- glad you like it :D

Rin: Your reaction was soooooo worth waiting for, its one of the coolest ones I've had purely for the use of German xD ..... I don't even know German, its just really cool! But still so happy you like it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 12th, 2010, 4:44 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Well, I counted yesterday and you've only got 3 more to do, so I might as well keep the ball rolling... :whistle:

I really think you should try RPing with us, Lembas - it's great fun and everyone has to start somewhere... that's why there's other RPers to give advice and help a newbie out so that they too, can become experienced. xD Although it's really taken me about four years to de-Mary-Sue-ify my characters and this is my fifth year going at it... looking back I can really see the difference in how my writing style has changed, etc. :yes:

Anywho, now that I've rambled once again... (and I've only got Cade's bio finished, but there should be enough information to go off of ;-) )

Request Type: Sig Set
Size:600 x 200
Fandom: Pirates of the Caribbean
Character(s): Cadence Strauss & Louredain Brenninger
Text: Big Text: Cade & Loure
Small Text: Like Stepmother, Like Stepson.
*Dedication: Yes please
Matching Icon: Yes please
Anything Else?: Poster effect? :D
Pictures: Cadence = Any of the ones listed under her biography; or you can go to sweetandtalented.com (she's played by Milla Jovovich)

Loure = http://www.ichatgay.com/img_blog/802.jpg
http://www.ohlalaparis.com/photos/uncat ... nsis01.jpg
http://images.buddytv.com/articles/Imag ... hansis.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/xkrh2g.jpg

I apologize for the lack of good Van Hansis photos... he hasn't got many that would work for this banner. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 12th, 2010, 6:11 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Lembas wrote:
Whee :D Thank you all :)
Rin: Your reaction was soooooo worth waiting for, its one of the coolest ones I've had purely for the use of German xD ..... I don't even know German, its just really cool! But still so happy you like it :)

Whoo! I took German 1 last semester and I talk with a friend in german sometimes. I had actually just gotten off the phone with her when I came here so I was still in a slight German mode. :P I do love it. :D

I'll be peeking in the see what else you have created. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 13th, 2010, 9:53 am 
Elf
Elf

AraYay another Ara Request xD

I tried a "LotR" RP a couple of years ago, which was fairly fun to start with, but then some stupid legolas fangirl (I'm a legolas fangirl but not a stupid one X( ) came and ruined it for me and nearly all the other characters were very very sue-ish which annoys me endlessly so I got bored and gave up. I'm sure its not the same here, but yeah I'm a big noob with RP and I didn't wanna intrude either :blush:

Rin oooh awesome, I'm determined when I finish learning basic Latin to try and learn German, I started learning it about 5 years ago simulaneously with french but couldn't pick it up becuase I had learned french previously. Still its cool B). & Feel free to stop by whenever

DamsonRhee wrote:
Well, I said I'd be around :D But i know you've got a ton of request right now, so please take your time. There's no new LotS until next week anyway ;)

Request Type: banner
Size: 700x150
Fandom: Legend of the Seeker
Character(s): Kahlan & Richard
Text: I'm not real good at the text thing, so if you've got anythign feel free to use it
*Dedication: no
Matching Icon: if you feel like it
Anything Else?: something kida lovey.
definitely this pic -> http://www.mutlipleverseslots.com/LOTSW ... 00508.html

here are a few others and a few gallery links. i'm not picky so whatever works better for you and the graphic.
http://www.mutlipleverseslots.com/LOTSW ... 04643.html
http://www.mutlipleverseslots.com/LOTSW ... 04644.html
http://www.mutlipleverseslots.com/CSSWe ... eCaps.html
http://gallery.legendoftheseeker.org/series-2/

I hope this is alright Rhee, I don't know why but after stumbling upon some .gifs of the hug I thought I'd make it an animated banner, If you don't like it I can change it to static :). I also hope the text is ok, I've never really heard of LotS before (yay craig parker though!) but I read some wiki articles and went for the whole unconditional love thing... I hope thats ok :)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/ ... K-icon.png

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/ ... RheeRK.gif

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 13th, 2010, 12:44 pm 
Maia
Maia

:jawdrop: ok? It's brilliant!!!!!! I know a lot of people still haven't heard of it. I always feel bad requesting LotS stuff becuase of it, but sometimes I just can't come up with anything. And Craig Parker is :swoon: His acting is just flawless!

:hug: x1000

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 13th, 2010, 3:34 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Lembas wrote:
I tried a "LotR" RP a couple of years ago, which was fairly fun to start with, but then some stupid legolas fangirl (I'm a legolas fangirl but not a stupid one X( ) came and ruined it for me and nearly all the other characters were very very sue-ish which annoys me endlessly so I got bored and gave up. I'm sure its not the same here, but yeah I'm a big noob with RP and I didn't wanna intrude either :blush:

Intrude? :blink: My gosh, you could never intrude - especially because I'm somewhat inviting you if you're interested. ;-) When I think of intrude I imagine someone that no one has ever heard of suddenly popping into an RP uninvited and just posting something that lacks content and throws the plot WAY off course; and no one here has ever done that (at least in the RP's I've been a part of). :happy:

The only thing about RPing with the Swashbuckling Seven (PD, Lothy, Myself, Pan, Will, Goldy & Maeth) is that most of the RP's we're in are already really far ahead and have some complex plots; but it's nothing a bit of explanation couldn't clear up :no: So that invite is always there if you want to take up the offer. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 13th, 2010, 4:01 pm 
Istari
Istari

Lembas, get your bum over to the OC Section before I hop on the train from Canterbury to London and drag you there. Well, sit you infront of the computer and click on the page anyway ;)

It's twisting on a thread

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 13th, 2010, 5:37 pm 
Elf
Elf

Rhee I'm so glad your happy with the banner :D. From what I read on wiki, LotS sounds really cool, and looks like its got some great Kiwi cast members too. I don't think its shown in England, even on the digital channels, but yeah it sounds like something I might have to check out in the future. Yeah I'll do requests for most things(no twilight or anime and stuff i just generally dislike xD ) a challenge is fun, and if I didn't do requests I garantee I'd just banner the same things or same people over and over again. And as For Craig Parker, I felt so stupid that I didn't realise that it was him in your sig :blush:. I just thought it was a random good looking actor *facepalm* he does look a bit Jason Isaacish in the promo photos, not that thats a bad thing atall

Ara :hug: thats so incredibly sweet of you :D I feel kinda torn when it comes to A-U I half feel like I've known eveyone ages, but then I realise I really haven't been here long atall xD not that it matters :). I think I'm gonna have to read through some RPs so I know what's going on, because they do all seem quite complicated. Wanna Point me in the right direction??? :D. I also need to come up with a rocking PotC character, the last one I came up with about 4 years ago and she was terrible, I think i liked her for the grand total of a week and then abandonned her lol...

Lothy Eeek ok ok I comply lol! I'm gonna write out their biographies in word, becuase it needs doing properly then and then post them up :D (& I actually live in bedfordshire, not London, Uni is just in Lahndahn and I trek up there 3 times a week.... oh no now thats further to be dragged from xD)

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 13th, 2010, 5:47 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Lembas wrote:
Ara :hug: thats so incredibly sweet of you :D I feel kinda torn when it comes to A-U I half feel like I've known eveyone ages, but then I realise I really haven't been here long atall xD not that it matters :). I think I'm gonna have to read through some RPs so I know what's going on, because they do all seem quite complicated. Wanna Point me in the right direction??? :D. I also need to come up with a rocking PotC character, the last one I came up with about 4 years ago and she was terrible, I think i liked her for the grand total of a week and then abandonned her lol...

Of course I we don't want anyone feeling intimidated to play in a PotC RP with us, but I think it's hard for new people not to feel intimidated simply by the length of some of the RP's and the fact that we've been doing this for so long and have already improved our writing skills... So I guess I could see how it would seem scary or make people shy away. :yes: And the fact that all of our charries' bios are like, three pages long in Microsoft word... :P But it's the result of a lot of planning and revising and hard work. And it never stops; you always seem to want to go back and add more or take out things. :eyeroll:

Aw, well if you can manage to revive her and give her an Anti-Sue makeover, she would probably work. *le nod*

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 13th, 2010, 5:54 pm 
Istari
Istari

Lembas wrote:
Lothy Eeek ok ok I comply lol! I'm gonna write out their biographies in word, becuase it needs doing properly then and then post them up :D (& I actually live in bedfordshire, not London, Uni is just in Lahndahn and I trek up there 3 times a week.... oh no now thats further to be dragged from xD)

Blimey, way up there? Okay, I say 'way up there' but it's really not far atall. I basically think of anything above Luton as 'The North' ;) And believe me, some of my OCs before I joined A-U were seriously beyond Mary-Sue to the point of utter embaressment. We help eachother out with our OCs alot though, I can't count the amount of times I've asked Aramel or Pandora about an idea I've had for an OC/RP. I think I speak for all of us when I say our PM Boxes are always open :D

It's twisting on a thread

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Last edited by Lothy on April 13th, 2010, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 13th, 2010, 5:55 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Lembas wrote:
LotS sounds really cool, and looks like its got some great Kiwi cast members too. I don't think its shown in England, even on the digital channels,

*pounce* It's on Sci-Fi Channel :P But it's about halfway [or something] through season two at the moment :yes:
I missed the start of season two so I'm very annoyed :frust: But it is very awesome <3

[and I shall be back to request something when my internet is not about to cut out, just had to say that before I forgot ;P ]

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 13th, 2010, 7:07 pm 
Elf
Elf

Ara: haha okie dokes, I like character backstories, detail is great too :) Trust me though that oc is not coming back... ever I've got a whole new one in the works, but writing out the bios for my LotR OCs is pretty hard atm lol, I'm so slow and easily distracted lol

Lothy tehehe I'm a bit more North than luton, but I don't see it as Northern atall, we all speak [s]properly ;)[/s] with southern accents xD and its really like 45 mins away from London tops. I don't think I've ever made a full out Mary Sue (that I know of...), becuase I always have tried to be faithful to cannon, like with LotR Ocs the thought of elves having propper harry potter style magical powers or telekenesis or something like that really sounds silly to me , nor could I ever create a character who went along with the fellowship- its just full out sue-ness xD. I like to think I'm good at spotting other people's sues, but maybe I'm not such a great judge of my own charries I'll see what you guys think when I've actually finished a full profile :P, still they all do pretty well on the litmus tests i've tried xD

Enno ooh I seemed to have missed that completely, ah well I'll find it to wtach online or get a dvd from somewhere (if its available), ooh and come and request again anytime :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 13th, 2010, 8:38 pm 
Maia
Maia

Lembas wrote:
Rhee I'm so glad your happy with the banner :D. From what I read on wiki, LotS sounds really cool, and looks like its got some great Kiwi cast members too. I don't think its shown in England, even on the digital channels, but yeah it sounds like something I might have to check out in the future. Yeah I'll do requests for most things(no twilight or anime and stuff i just generally dislike xD ) a challenge is fun, and if I didn't do requests I garantee I'd just banner the same things or same people over and over again. And as For Craig Parker, I felt so stupid that I didn't realise that it was him in your sig :blush:. I just thought it was a random good looking actor *facepalm* he does look a bit Jason Isaacish in the promo photos, not that thats a bad thing atall

It's a very good show, especially for putting a huge fantasy series on television. :yes: season 1 is on dvd, and season 2 has about 7 episodes left. I've been watching them here cause the channel their on at my school is a week behind >:( http://legend-of-the-seeker-streaming.b ... de-14.html

Craig Parker looks reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaally good in this series :swoon: :yes:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 37  Next