Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 15th, 2024, 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Blending tutorial for PSP(7, 8, or 9)
PostPosted: August 8th, 2005, 5:20 pm 
Elf
Elf

I have PSP8, but the three of them all work in the same way, and I believe that 6 does as well. I do blend in a different way than most people though, but you end up with the same result in the end!

Here's one on making a Harry banner.

ok, I started out with these pictures.
Harry
Trio by the fire
Open them both up in PSP, along with a blank banner (I did mine as 700x160, pretty big, but just an an example)
-Here-
I decided to crop the image of the trio down to just Harry. Use the selection tool and then go to image>crop to selection
Cropped
Now, to start the blending...
I used the airbrush tool, and used the color of the background that would be of the banner (I used black). Go around the outside of the picture and closer to his face, though not coming too close.
-so far-
Now, go to the top where it says opacity, and turn it WAY down. I went all the way down to 15. Go along the rest of the pic other than him, and make all the edges smooth.
-so far-
Now, before doing this next step, make sure that this is the same color as you painted the regular pictures with. And use the paint bucket tool and color your banner that color.
Now, go to your picture of Harry (the first one), and select the entire thing. then copy (edit>copy or Ctrl+C) the entire thing.
-so far-
Go to your banner. Select Edit>paste>as a transparent section (or ctrl+shift+E) and move it to where you want it to be on the banner.
-pasting-
-moving and so far-
Now, go to the other picture. Resize it to 70 to make it the right sixe for the banner.
resizing
Select, copy, and paste as a transparent section just like the previous picture.
-pasting again-
That's al you have to do! Now, add text if you want, or even another picture.
This was my final banner