Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 24th, 2024, 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: the NEW Doctor Who fanclub
PostPosted: October 12th, 2014, 5:55 am 
Elf
Elf

^^ Yep. I think that Robots of Sherwood was the best episode of the 12th Doctor yet.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 13th, 2014, 8:55 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Now that the whole season has aired for most of us, what did everyone think? Me, I loved it 8).! Second best season since S4 with Ten & Donna for me :yes:.
This is how I ranked the episodes:
Dark Water/Death In Heaven- 10/10
In The Forest Of The Night- 9.7/10
Listen- 9.5/10
Mummy On The Orient Express- 9/10
Flatline- 8.5/10
Kill The Moon- 8.5/10
Deep Breath- 8/10
Robot Of Sherwood- 8/10
Time Heist- 7.5/10
The Caretaker- 7/10
Into The Dalek- 6/10

Thoughts On My Top Five Episodes
Dark Water/Death In Heaven
I think those of you who've seen all of S8 can probably guess one of the biggest reasons I liked this story so much (more on that in a bit) ;). Besides that, though, I really liked the writing of the characters, especially Danny and Clara. I'm one of the seemingly few people, at least in the DW fandom at large, who really liked Danny, and found his relationship with Clara both convincing and interesting, so I was curious what direction Moffat & company would take it. My ultimate reaction to how it was handled? :-(. I still liked it, though 8].

In The Forest Of The Night
This was just an all around lovely, enchanting story, and the environmental message it contained was an additional plus. I've always liked it when the show brings up thought provoking subjects and issues (the rumination on slavery in "Planet Of The Ood", the necessity or non-necessity of war in "Human Nature"/The Family Of Blood", cloning in "The Rebel Flesh"/"The Almost People", obsession with & popularity of reality & game shows in "Bad Wolf", violence on television & the power of corporations in "Vengeance On Varos" (a Sixth Doctor story), etc.), so that brought the episode up to a much higher level of excellence in my estimation :yes:.

Listen
I can't really add much more here, except for my mini-review of it in a previous post, so I'll just copy & paste that :]. Just an absolutely wonderful episode 8]! There were a couple of parts when I felt like this :hide:, but ones where I felt like this :hug: & this :), too. Also, it was a great character piece :yes:.

Mummy On The Orient Express
A very creepy, suspenseful episode. And for once, one of the minor supporting characters (e.g. Maisie) was actually pretty well-written, that is, was pretty layered and complex. That's been rather lacking since Moffat took over as showrunner— most of the characters in the above category have been pretty one-dimensional and flat, so to see one that was the opposite was a nice change :yes:.

Flatline
Another suspenseful episode. Great, unique idea for an alien, too :yes:. And I loved Twelve's "I am the Doctor" speech :-D. Very different, interesting take on that 8]. I also liked the examination of Clara's character, and the way her behavior was compared and contrasted with the Doctor's.

******************SPOILERS**************************
Now, that other thing that made me like the finale story so much— the return of the Master, er, I mean Mistress :-D. I'd suspected for awhile that's who Missy would turn out to be, but I still squeed when she said, "Well I couldn't very well continue calling myself "The Master", could I?" I hope that flash of light was just her teleporting, rather than being disintegrated by the Cyber-Brig's weapon, because I would really like to see Missy again :yes:!

Those of you who've seen those two episodes, what did you think of the character's return? And what are your thoughts on the Master going from being a man to being a woman?

PostPosted: January 18th, 2015, 9:38 am 
Elf
Elf

I must say that 12 is my new favorite Doctor. Maybe even better than Tennant was. But just maybe.

The Master's return: oh yesss!! Too good to be true.
Missy is excellent, she has all that insanity and that Master-like behavior, all those things that make The Master The Master. It's not a problem that she is a woman now, it's just.. excellent. Although I think that Missy might be the craziest of all the Masters, which is just good, cause the Master's tend to regenerate their insanity to a whole new level.

"Say something nice" is one of the best quotes from the eight series, at least I think it is.

Personally I didn't like Clara & Danny & the Class thing that much. The whole love story between Clara and Danny got a bit too far, I think.

It was good that there were episodes with the children, but.. I think there were too many of those.

Listen, listen.. listen.. oh yes. Perfect episode.

The christmas episode. Good. Good. Good! (*tips hat*). It was scary, funny, very Doctor Who and maybe the best episode of 12th Doctor's era.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9