Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 24th, 2024, 9:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5089 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319  Next

May's Hottie of the Month is...
Poll ended at May 8th, 2010, 2:06 pm
Matt Smith 56%  56%  [ 5 ]
Bradley James 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
Noel Fielding 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Josh Holloway 33%  33%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 9
 Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2011, 9:28 pm 
Custom Rank
Custom Rank

I've been a bit more chameleotic than I have been recently, because Ammy keeps throwing new things at me. I like the AU revival, I get things. :D

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2011, 11:13 pm 
Istari
Istari

*has WiFi for the night*

Wow, I just had an hour and a half Wind Ensemble concert on the first night of our tour. I can't believe this has only been 1 day! It feels like at least 3. :blink: And I'm in the most stunning house imaginable for the night and I'm fangirling over it like crazy. heehee

Awww, thanks, Ammy! I miss you guys, too. :hug: Wanna shove an A/E or Aragorn set my way, Ammy? *hint hint* heehee

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2011, 11:55 pm 
Graphic Illusionist '08
Graphic Illusionist '08

I might just do that. We've recently come across a collection of LotR gifs that all the graphic makers are having fun with (inspired by Pan's lovely animated banners) =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 18th, 2011, 12:11 am 
Balrog
Balrog

^You mean you came across it and the rest of us just love you for it :happy:

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 18th, 2011, 12:54 am 
Graphic Illusionist '08
Graphic Illusionist '08

Hey, it saves me the trouble of going through and making my own. OCD-Ammy appreciates the random tumblr people who make lotr gifs. =P Besides, if I hadn't found it, Pan definitely would have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 18th, 2011, 4:15 pm 

Silvery! What's this about "tour?"

:roll: Tar, I love having you around. It just makes my day a little brighter.

All the animated-ness is crazy! Seems to be the new thing.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 20th, 2011, 8:04 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Quote:
All the animated-ness is crazy! Seems to be the new thing.

I know! I've been stockpiling .gifs like crazy (Tumblr overflows with them) in preparation for future requests. :) Now I need to find galleries and text.

Yesh, Silvery! What is this tour? I remember you telling me you played a wind instrument, but I can't remember which. :yes:

In Chameleotic news, my sister and I are painting our room this week. One feature wall of a nice teal-y green, with some accents. Perfect for spring!

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2011, 8:46 pm 
Custom Rank
Custom Rank

Hah, Nurr, I love you too. You're awesome.

So first of all, let me just mention, Ammy, how much I freaking adore your Rent banner. Because I adore Rent and it doesn't get enough love outside of theatre majors.

Second, everyone has totally gorgeous sets.

Third, I've managed to help my friend be chameleotic, because we painted his room, and then did this neat little trick with laundry detergent that makes it looks like you're in a barren forest with a blacklight. Pretty stoked about that.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2011, 8:50 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Tar-Vanimelde wrote:
Third, I've managed to help my friend be chameleotic, because we painted his room, and then did this neat little trick with laundry detergent that makes it looks like you're in a barren forest with a blacklight. Pretty stoked about that.

Aww, yay for chameleotic friends :D Can you show pictures of the barren forest effect? It sounds so cool, but I can't quite picture what it looks like.

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 24th, 2011, 5:41 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

I'm pretty sure i'm a member of this group already but i rejoin anyway.

In chameleonotic news - i have aurburn hair, i'm 20 and untill last month it was down below my waist, i could sit on it....It is now just below my shoulders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do i hear something about new banners? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2011, 8:56 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Hello Anduril! I've seen your posts around the forum before, but haven't seen you active in a while. Welcome back!

Congratulations on the haircut, that must be quite an adjustment! I tend to agonize over two inches, so...yeah. :cool:

I changed my sig! And I watched TTT yesterday and realized yet again that I don't dislike Arwen and the A/A movie scenes as much as I think I do. I tend be all "But it could have been so much better" and not concentrate on the good parts.

I'm adapting my fan essay on Book!Arwen into an English essay, so I've been thinking about her a lot lately. A good place to be, in my books. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 27th, 2011, 9:20 am 
Balrog
Balrog

^I'm not such a fan of movie Arwen because I think they start her out as a really strong supercool person, but then she just becomes sort of vague and... weak, for want of a better word. She could've continued being that strong person that she is in her very first scene, but I think she's mostly just sad and whiny the rest of the movies, to be honest.

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 27th, 2011, 7:27 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Anameleth wrote:
^I'm not such a fan of movie Arwen because I think they start her out as a really strong supercool person, but then she just becomes sort of vague and... weak, for want of a better word. She could've continued being that strong person that she is in her very first scene, but I think she's mostly just sad and whiny the rest of the movies, to be honest.

Ooh, vague is a very good word. That sums up what does bug me about her portrayal in the movie; it's probably an annoying enough trait on it's own, but seeing as she's anything BUT vague in the books, it's especially frustrating. :disgust:

Um. I think the immortality/mortality choice is so overused that it loses a lot of it's impact. But it really was a scary and awful choice. So what I like in the movies is how when she has the support of Aragorn, she is clear on what she wants. "I choose a mortal life." It's done, the choice is made, and she doesn't second-guess herself. When, in the TTT:EE, we have the scene with Aragorn trying to break it off and give back the Evenstar, she sees through him and she knows it's not what he wants, and she tries to stay strong. She refuses to back down.

But after he's gone, and her father keeps working at her, trying to wear her down, she lets her fears take hold, and without the surety that Aragorn is waiting for her, she hesitates and leaves.

And then of course, she sees the vision of her son and decides that even the possibility of being able to live that life is worth it. Even the double uncertainty of whether they'll win the war and whether Aragorn will still want her isn't enough to change her mind.

/end half-hearted movie!Arwen defense :)

Nurr, your Gandalf banner is stunning. I love it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 27th, 2011, 9:05 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

^Well, you know, in the books we don't see her doubt this for even a second. And I mean, she met Aragorn when he was something like 20 years old, so she's had about 60 years to think about this, and really I don't think she'd change her mind about it that quickly.
And while I get that it's a really hard choice to make, she just starts out sooo fierce and I wish they hadn't made her character so melancholic, I guess.

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 15th, 2011, 10:13 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

i kind of get why they did though, there's lots of strong charecters already, and you need that love soft intrest for aragorn to make a good film.

Post subject: Re: ~*The Ever-Changing Chameleon Club*~
PostPosted: March 21st, 2011, 1:25 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I changed my sig again :happy: I felt I needed to show some hobbit appreciation. I'm sure I'll go back to my usual Éomer fanaticism soon enough, though :innocent:

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5089 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319  Next