Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 394 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2007, 11:39 pm 

Oh yes, it's a very interesting one that gives loads of insight into his character. He had a very troubled childhood that was not at all helped by the bullying he received whilst at school.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2007, 11:43 am 
Ent
Ent

yeah, and it kinda made sense/revealed light on exactly he why he hated J Potter. I started kinda liking him afterwards. Although in movies i've always liked him... and the actor. they chose a good actor

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2007, 2:12 pm 

Exactly. I love those little snippets of his past that JKR gives us. It keeps you guessing. :) And yes, I agree, Alan Rickman is brilliant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 4th, 2007, 1:44 pm 
Ent
Ent

yay! i've read it!
yes i know, it was yesterday that i didnt :P but still, i didn't stay up for nothing!

from the whole chapter about him, it made snape lovable! well, more lovable than before, and i definately like him much better now
*huggles*

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 7th, 2007, 2:33 pm 
Elf
Elf

*Wants to join!!* May i join?!

I'm in love with Snape! haha. more like just his character. I'm reading the Deathly Hallows right now so... i'm kinda scared to find out how it ends... </3 i dont want it to enddddd!!

The Poetry Project.
Inwe's Facebook

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 8th, 2007, 9:30 am 
Ent
Ent

yeah i know, tell us when you're done!

love your banner, snape one, btw...

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 8th, 2007, 7:08 pm 
Elf
Elf

Vengeance wrote:
yeah i know, tell us when you're done!

love your banner, snape one, btw...

I'll let you guys know. I'm on chapter 11 right now. <3 *Meep!* I hope to read a couple more chapters tonight. i think i might :explode:

and thanks! I think i got it off A-U in the banners Arwen made section. i need to get a new one made. with pics i like better. <3 hehe. :drool:

The Poetry Project.
Inwe's Facebook

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2007, 9:12 pm 
Elf
Elf

oh. em. gee.

I was doodling on the corner of a piece of paper and my friend (for lack of a better word) looked over at it and started laughing at me. it said: Megan Loves Severus Snape. I looked at it then back at her and was like "*beep* is your problem!?" (not really but still i was thinking it. We were in church right before class so i couldnt scream at her.... >.< icky scum-faced-Muggle).... *mutters*

The Poetry Project.
Inwe's Facebook

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 13th, 2007, 12:37 pm 

Eh.. don't get too worked up about it. My friends scoffed at me for the longest time for liking him. After reading DH though they all fell in step right behind me. Some people just don't know what they're missing out on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 14th, 2007, 1:16 am 
Elf
Elf

get this: she hasnt even read the entire first book!! gosh.... *mutters* i loved Snape. in fact i cried when he died and through the chapter: The Princes Tale. I was bawling my eyeballs out.

*DH SOPILERS* highlight.

I was upset, not really because he died, (which i kinda knew would happen. lets call it my Snapey-Senses LOL!) but because he died with so many ppl thinking he was the bad guy. and also i was kinda sad that the girl he loved was "stolen" by his worst enemy in school. then that he never got to know what it was like to be loved. you know? i feel like he's a real person to me and i love that about JKR's writing. She makes it seem so real that when i realize that the closest thing i'll get to Snape is Alan Rickman (Which is AWSOME by the way, but you know what i mean) i find myself wishing i could go to Hogwarts just to see friends that i've made through the pages of her books. <3333 <3333 :)
I'm sad its over and i'm sad Snape died but i'm happy that Harry realized that he misjudged Snape and even if the name: Albus Severus is AWFUL its the reason behind it that matters.... *bows* okay... i'm done... for now... dundunduuuun.
:bones:

The Poetry Project.
Inwe's Facebook

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 14th, 2007, 11:18 am 

Mm.. that's frustrating. I have a friend who is a devout Christian, as am I, but she won't read the books because she says they teach witchcraft. Obviously they don't because I'm still the same. :eyeroll:

More spoiler-ish content -
Hehe.. I'm probably the only person who bawled her eyes out when Snape died. He has been my favourite character since OotP when we saw Snape's Worst Memory. I knew something was going on with him that was not bad. And I was right.

It makes me sad to know that he died a hated and marked man, but I'm happy because Harry takes the info from the Prince's Tale and tells everyone the truth during the final showdown with Voldemort. Of course, it's going to take more convincing than that, but now he's got all the time in the world, so that should be no problem.

Lol! Poor Albus Severus... he'll get picked on for that name. Anyhoo, I think the fact that Ginny agreed to use Severus' name is a big step, it means that other people have accepted he was on the good side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2007, 1:40 pm 
Elf
Elf

Spoilers---

I sobbed when Snape died. And i was very teary-eyed through the Prince's Tale. I agree about the Ginny thing. She was convinced that he was good. And that was a big step b/c she was terrified when they were at the school and Snape was the Headmaster. They all were scared because his detentions were so awful. (He had to play the part well!) and they feared for their lives! But it makes me happy that Ginny must've liked Snape in the end.

And the whole thing about Christians reading HP. I'm a Christian and i thought that at one time too. The whole its Witchcraft and such. but then i started thinking about the section HP was under in the library: Fiction. I mean its NOT real. The "Spells" are NOT real. its LATIN and GIBBERISH for crying out loud. I took 2 years of latin in school and when i read the HP books i notice that JKR used a TON of latin words and dirrivatives for her spells and such! it made me smile... but anywhoo. I didnt pic up a HP book on my own. My friend in fact one of my most Christian friends started reading the first one aloud. (She has an obsession with reading out loud. which i love.) so I began to get intrested. Then she explained that its not Witchcraft and whatnot. Parents who didnt want their childeren to read the books just said that to use for an excuse. My mom didnt care if i read the books as long as i knew they were fiction. I think if you're old enough to draw the line and recognize Truth from Fiction, than you're old enough to read the HP series. Christiansare allowed to read fiction things AS long as they dont interfere with their time with God.

Sorry if i've offended anyone (i've tried my hardest not to) so there.

I <3 God.
And I <3 Harry Potter.

The Poetry Project.
Inwe's Facebook

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2007, 2:32 pm 

Of course. I guess I can't really say much as I never went through what you did. My parents were always quite open with me when it came to what I was allowed to read and not allowed to read. Fiction is definitely okay as long as it's not ruling your life. Fantasy and fiction are there for one purpose: to entertain. They are not there to teach. So yeah, I agree with everything you said. :yes:

Spoilers! -

I dunno if people ever liked him, because really, he wasn't the nicest guy. But he never would've harmed a student purposefully. It was all in the name of Dumbledore's great plan. I do think however, that people definitely learned to respect him as time went on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2007, 1:56 pm 
Elf
Elf

Good point! :) I can see that!

The Poetry Project.
Inwe's Facebook

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 18th, 2007, 10:57 am 
Elf
Elf

*Subject change*
Ohhh! *Hops in* I got to play the part of Snape last night! Me and my friends were making a Spoof of a Parody we saw on youtube (has anyone seen Potter Puppet Pals?) And so I was Snape, Voldemort and Hermione. <3 hehe.

it was hilarious! My little sister filmed it. And i forgot to say a line so i bust out laughing!! but then i compose myself and get all -Snapefied- again. <3 hehe. it was also funny because it was 1-2am. !!!

gottaloveit.

The Poetry Project.
Inwe's Facebook

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2007, 11:33 am 

:lol: That's awesome! Is there anyway you could get it up online for us to see?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 394 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next