Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Sherlock (BBC) Club
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2012, 1:29 am 
Istari
Istari

I think the cyclist may have been one of Sherlock's Homeless Network people. Sherlock could have asked him to deliberately knock down John so that John can't get to the scene immediately.

Nai andúnë elen
Siluva lyenna,
Nai írë mornië lanta
Órelya nauva sanda.

~Sírelindë~

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 12th, 2012, 7:45 pm 

Sooo! I'm reviving this thread and joining as well!

SPOILERS
-
-
-
I watched the final episode tonight! It was epic beyond words! The roof scene, Moriarty's death (which I think is fake.. this guy loved himself too much to commit suicide), the phone call with John (this is where I almost got a bit emotional), the jump and then John at Sherlock's grave.. I was actually shocked that the episode was over by then, leaving us with this huge cliffhanger and waiting for another year until my next Sherlock fix seems almost impossible!

So in the mean time, lets talk! Who is your favourite character and are you hoping as well that Irene Adler will return? I particularly hope that Moriarty will not be dead, because this guy is just brilliant.

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

PostPosted: May 19th, 2012, 9:54 am 

I'm actually not hoping Irene will return. Though I loved her character in the book, I just didn't get the same feeling for her in the serie. I can't say what it is about her that makes me not like her, but she just doesn't work for me.

My favourite character is.. Molly? No, Moriarty. No, Lestrade. No, John. No, Sherlock. very hard to identify I guess! I like Molly's awkwardness and her clumsy attempts at asking Sherlock on a date, but I also like Moriarty's wickedness and Lestrade's immense patience with Sherlock. And I like Sherlock's intelligence and his affection for John and I simply like everything about John! But since I can relate most with Molly, she is probably my most favourite favourite :lol: (And also, not unimportant, because she dumped Moriarty and Sherlock 'needs' her. How awesome is that!)

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2012, 9:57 am 

Lhunardaien wrote:
I'm actually not hoping Irene will return. Though I loved her character in the book, I just didn't get the same feeling for her in the serie. I can't say what it is about her that makes me not like her, but she just doesn't work for me.

I agree. I don't know, she just seemed really shallow in the series, which is strange given how well developed the rest of the characters are. :confused:

So I rewatched Reichenbach last night, and I'm more confused than ever. xD I can't tell if it was because PBS was cutting pieces, which is frustrating, but... how did he do it? Gaaaah. I want the next season. :lol:

PostPosted: May 29th, 2012, 9:50 am 

Not completely sure if this is on topic or not, so let me know if it's not, but last Sunday Andrew Scott was awarded a BAFTA for his portrayal of Moriarty :) And Steven Moffat received an award for his excellent work on both Sherlock and Dr. Who!

Now back on topic: I read that Mark Gatiss has confirmed that the first episode of season 3 will be loosely based on the story "The Empty House", where Sherlock Holmes returns after his 'death'. But they won't start shooting for the new season untill january 2013 :-(

PostPosted: May 29th, 2012, 11:42 am 

About Irene Adler, I did like the way she was portrayed in the series. I was somehow irritated by Irene Adler from the Guy Ritchie films as she was a bit naive and girlish.. I'm still not sure why I didn't liked her. But in the BBC series, Irene was clever and almost outsmarted both Mycroft and Sherlock and at the same time she was vulnerable, which made her character more intriguing than in the movies.
And I agree with you, Lhun, I actually love every character! Even poor Anderson! :p

Lhunardaien wrote:
Not completely sure if this is on topic or not, so let me know if it's not, but last Sunday Andrew Scott was awarded a BAFTA for his portrayal of Moriarty :) And Steven Moffat received an award for his excellent work on both Sherlock and Dr. Who!

That's great! I think he absolutely deserves it! From the moment we first met Moriarty in 1x03, I thought that his acting was brilliant and he plays this villain in such a refreshingly evil way! :-D

Lhunardaien wrote:
Now back on topic: I read that Mark Gatiss has confirmed that the first episode of season 3 will be loosely based on the story "The Empty House", where Sherlock Holmes returns after his 'death'. But they won't start shooting for the new season untill january 2013 :-(

Aaah! It's such a long wait! But I'm sure it will be worth it! :) I'm really curious how the story will be set in season 3, whether it has been weeks or months (or years?) that Sherlock 'died' and whether John moved on and got involved with a girl. Or perhaps he got a new flatmate in 221b Bakerstreet.. :P

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

PostPosted: May 30th, 2012, 3:15 pm 

Will wrote:
Aaah! It's such a long wait! But I'm sure it will be worth it! :) I'm really curious how the story will be set in season 3, whether it has been weeks or months (or years?) that Sherlock 'died' and whether John moved on and got involved with a girl. Or perhaps he got a new flatmate in 221b Bakerstreet.. :P

Yes, the wait is very long! But I like to spend some of that time thinking about how they will reunite Sherlock and John, and I'm not sure what I'd like to see best yet :p I'm torn between John getting very angry and hitting him, before actually starting to listen to him, or John who just drops everything in his hands and hugs Sherlock, who in turn will be quite confused by this strange behaviour :lol: Anyway, it better be something good!

PostPosted: July 29th, 2012, 11:33 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

May I join? I love Sherlock, its an awesome tv show.

PostPosted: March 20th, 2013, 4:30 pm 

Wow, it's been almost a year since anyone last posted here :blink:

But on to more important things: They've finally started filming! Today was officially the third day of shooting the first episode of season three, with the mysterious title "The Empty Hearse".

Any thoughts on the title? Did anyone come up with a new theory about how he might have survived?

PostPosted: March 20th, 2013, 4:45 pm 
Maia
Maia

I was wondering, can I join this club?

PostPosted: March 20th, 2013, 5:25 pm 
Istari
Istari

I'd love to join as well-- Sherlock is one of my favorite BBC series. :) I'm already looking forward to season 3! :bounce:

married Mr. Darcy 6/14/2012