Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Sherlock (BBC) Club
PostPosted: January 16th, 2012, 1:42 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

This club hadn't been made yet, somehow. So I though, what with The Reichenbach fall airing yesterday and all us Sherlockians probably needing to vent about it, this was a good time to start the club.

So welcome, one and all, to
The Sherlock (BBC) Club

Join in discussions about your favorite characters, ships, episodes, moments etc. No subject is too far-fetched - as long as it's on topic ;)

Members:
Anameleth
Erucenindë
Nurrantiel Mashiara
Shadowcat
Lembas
Arabella Baggins
Lhunardaien
Johnny's Fan
Sírelindë

by Lembas

Last edited by Anameleth on February 27th, 2012, 1:11 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: The Sherlock (BBC) Club
PostPosted: January 16th, 2012, 2:05 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

OH yay! PLease, may I join?? I have only seen the first 3 episodes, and am doomed to not see the other until they have been released on netflix. I loved them! I think they did a marvelous job translating Sherlock Holmes into 21st century. I can't wait to see the others!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 16th, 2012, 2:11 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Of course you can! We'll try to keep the spoilers to a minimum until you've seen the episodes, but do except some talk of the most recent one, because it was all kinds of epic and people have a lot of feels about it.

If you get too impatient, you could always watch the episodes on watchseries.eu. They have a lot of great quality links :)

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 16th, 2012, 2:55 pm 

I freaking LOVE this show. All of them. Everything. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Ahem.

SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU HAVE SEEN ALL OF THEM.

Okay guys how did he do it? That is what I'm freaking out about the most right now. How in the world did he manage to not die? Because at the end he clearly was not beat up in any way that would indicate he actually *fell*, so he couldn't have, so how in the world did that happen, and what did Molly do?? I just....I just.....gah. And they're going to make us wait?

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 16th, 2012, 3:54 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Welcome, Nurr. Figured you'd be one of the first to join :P

Yes, ALL the love for this show. Molly is probably the one character I started out kinda neutral towards, but she's definitely growing on me.

HERE THERE BE SPOILERS
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

That's what I'm wondering about too! I'm guessing maybe there was some sort of security net or something? There was a giant trailer right in front of where he fell, and then there was that guy on the bike running into John so he wouldn't get to Sherlock right away, not to mention all the hospital staff (yes, I know they were right outside a hospital) who were immediately there and who also tried to keep John away.
Obviously Sherlock and Molly worked something out, but I have no idea how.

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 16th, 2012, 3:59 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Well I don't mind reading about spoilers, I have read all the books so I know that they would be based (sorta) on some of those stories.

So don't go out of your way for spoilers. :D

And thanks for the links! :D

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 16th, 2012, 4:32 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Good to know :) But still, I think it's good to give a spoiler warning for fairly new episodes. I know I've been spoiled several times because people haven't given spoiler warnings. So in case anyone else wants to join but hasn't seen the latest episode(s), I suggest we continue with the warnings :)

You're welcome. Living in Norway, I've had to become quite skilled at finding places to watch things online, as series like Game of Thrones for instance, are only now airing on Norwegian television.

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 17th, 2012, 1:03 am 

Haha, yeah, as soon as I watched the episode this morning I went, "MUST.....INTERNET......TALK..." so it was good this was here. :P

SPOILERY

Which, it's funny. Because I was not expecting to be so torn up by this episode. I've read the stories countless times and I know all about Reichenbach Falls and Holmes not really being dead. So I knew he had to come back. But their acting and the simple little twists (he fell onto PAVEMENT OKAY? HOW DID THIS WORK?) are so great that I was pretty much on edge the whole time anyway. But yeah, there has got to be SOMETHING about the biker and people trying to hold Watson back and everything.

AND HE CALLED LESTRADE HIS FRIEND. I FREAKED. HIS FRIEND. MR. "I DON'T HAVE FRIENDS" CALLED LESTRADE HIS FRIEND.

ON A NON-SPOLIERY NOTE:
I love Lestrade. This may not be apparent to you yet :teehee: but I love him. Seriously. He is brilliant.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 17th, 2012, 1:09 am 

I am not reading spoilers, but I am joining this club. :P I've only watched one episode of the second season, but it was good, and I adore this show, and when I do get around to watching everything I'mma wanna discuss. :D

So... I'm just going to leave that there and avoid your spoilers, yo. :)

PostPosted: January 17th, 2012, 3:55 am 
Elf
Elf

Let me join! I can be mysterious with my cheekbones!

I caught up with the last episode last night and it was as spectacular as ever.I love how beautifully written and clever the whole thing is! Gotta say seeing the RDJ film last week dulled the impact of the end a bit, because they end the same way. But amazing.

PostPosted: January 17th, 2012, 7:15 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Welcome, peoples :)

@Lembas, I haven't seen the RDJ movie yet, but I'm looking forward to it. People say it's better than the first, and I loved the first.

@Nurr SPOILERS AHOY I've seen theories on tumblr that he fell into the huge trailer (which was apparently a van full of trash bags) and was driven away, and that it was a look-alike or a doll or something that was on the pavement. But I don't know. I'm sure we'll be told eventually ;)

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 20th, 2012, 7:23 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I want to join! *does a ninja roll to avoid spoilers* I've only seen the first season, but it was brilliant. I also figure that since I know the Sherlock stories that the episodes are based on, spoilers won't be a huge deal.

There's this girl on youtube who wrote a song about the finale (she also does Trock) that I found, it's amazing! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MjZAGLP ... er&list=UL

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: January 21st, 2012, 9:09 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Welcome, Arabella :)

Ooh, that song IS great! And, provided that you know the original story, spoiler-free, which is awesome.

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2012, 7:26 am 

Can I join please? I've only watched the first episode of the first season, but I'm planning to watch the other episodes this very afternoon :)

Anameleth wrote:
Living in Norway, I've had to become quite skilled at finding places to watch things online, as series like Game of Thrones for instance, are only now airing on Norwegian television.

^ I know what you mean! A lot of series haven't aired yet, or will never air on Dutch television, so I watch most series online.

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2012, 8:11 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Of course you can! Watch out for spoilers, and hurry up and watch the rest of the episodes. They're amazing :D

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2012, 12:33 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Can I join please? :-)

HERE THERE BE SPOILERS!

BACK OFF!

OI YOU! GET GOING!

Ok, here is my theory. I don't think the dead body was Sherlock (notice how his hair carefully covered his face?). I think that Molly's involvement was something to do with procurring a dead body and making it resemble Sherlock. It's also obvious that the cyclist that banged into Watson was meant to do that so whatever he saw next, well he'd banged his head so he wouldn't be *quite* as clear headed as he should have been. But this got me thinking. Watson wasn't even supposed to be there was he? The call about Mrs. Hudson was clearly meant to keep him out of the way. Nope. It was meant to bring him back to Sherlock in time to see the performance that Sherlock had arranged for him. For if Sherlock had rigged the phone call to keep Watson away from harm, he would also have arranged for Mrs. Hudson to clearly not be OK so Watson would not see his "suicide". As it was, Watson twigged immediately (as he was supposed to) that he should go back to Sherlock. The fact that his "suicide" location was on top of a hosiptal, where it just so happens a pile of hospital staff appeared so quickly, and were joined by a swarm of onlookers, clearly states to me that the body was not that of Sherlock, and that Watson was meant to see as little of it as possible. In his confused and shocked state, he would have seen what he was meant to see which is I'm sure exactly what Sherlock wanted.

Which then leads me to the question. Where did Sherlock go? Well it was obvious that it was a human body that fell off the roof, the movement of the arms was not that of a dummy, so that's out. Also a dead body, a "stiff" in particular... hmm... I'm not sure the arms would move like that either. We the viewer saw him jump off, as did Watson, but as to when the "switch" happened, I'm not sure. The huge removal van I thought might be a possibility, as jumping from a tall building doesn't mean you fall straight down onto the pavement, chances are you'd move a little, but there was no sign of anything hitting the top of that van. It would have to be a very large and deep mattress to cushion that kind of blow, and it would have to be very quickly and neatly removed - maybe the side of the removal van facing the hospital could be slid open and the mattress and Sherlock were hidden in there? - but I guess it could be done, stunt doubles do it all the time.

My next question is, if Watson had doubts or hopes that Sherlock wasn't dead... did he not ask to see the body to at least confirm his fears? I'm sure he would not accept the answer "it's not pleasant to look at" as a reason to not see his friend one more time, as he's probably seen worse.

And then poor Molly! She is the only one who knows what Sherlock has done and she has to read all the horrible stuff in the papers about him AND keep quiet. And she probably feels guilty because she helped him.

I think this episode was by far the best they have done yet. Moriarty's plans really make no sense whatsoever (don't believe he is dead either), and I felt sooooooooo sorry for John and what Sherlock has once again, put him through. It was good that Sherlock was there at the grave to here what John said, as he needed to hear that. And I don't believe all that rot that Mycroft told John either about he gave Sherlock's past history to him yadadadada. I think he was taking the blame for some reason but I don't believe what he said. I'm not sure if he knows that Sherlock is dead or not, or if he's just hoping. I myself am hoping that he knows what he's doing and why he's doing it.

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW