Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 26th, 2024, 12:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: The Heirs of Durin Fanclub
PostPosted: December 12th, 2013, 7:02 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I hope I didn't influence you in any way, Legolin, because I constantly talk about Thorin. Even when my favorite character was changing from the Witch-King to Thorin (it's hard to believe that it's almost been a year), it may have not just been the constant viewings that caused it, but listening to the other fans, since I was looking on every fandom thread there was (mostly out of curiousity), even though I wasn't technically a fan yet. After a while, you start to see what they see. ;-)

Since Legolin started a Thorin Oakenshield fan club, you might want to just talk about Thorin on that thread (hopefully it's okay to start a fandom thread on a singular character if there isn't one already) instead of this one. You might want to save this one for the other dwarves in Durin's line (just a thought). :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 12th, 2013, 8:39 pm 
Istari
Istari

(Oh! I hope its ok. That i started a club specifically for Thorin!)
Oh, no Marida, you didnt influence me at all! Most of my friends are telling me not to like Thorin except a special few :p
Head over and join the Thorin Oakenshield fan club.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 14th, 2013, 3:14 pm 

Of course it's okay! To be honest I hadn't really noticed you'd started a new club, I haven't really been around this section of the forum for some time :lol:

I'd also be fine with discussing Thorin both here and in his own personal club, but we'll just see how the discussion develops ;-)

PostPosted: December 18th, 2013, 8:08 pm 
Istari
Istari

Thorin has his own personal club...Thorin rules! :D

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 29th, 2013, 10:11 am 

I'm curious to hear if your favorite Dwarf has changed since you've seen DoS? In other words, do you now have another favorite than you did before seeing Dos?

My favorites didn't really change, and I'm only glad to see that Balin and Dwalin got some more screentime. I loved how Balin got to show off his diplomatic qualities in bargaining with Bard, and Dwalin once again took up the role of protector and right hand of Thorin, even stepping up for him against the Men of Laketown. But I was also really moved by Balin's reaction when he finally entered Erebor. The actor did a beautiful job in showing how much it meant to Balin to be back in Erebor again, while also being a bit afraid for what would come next. Nice to see a more emotional side to those otherwise stubborn and cool Dwarves.

Also, the bit where Legolas insults Gimli is priceless. A beautiful little touch for the LotR fans, but also funny for people who haven't read the books :)

PostPosted: December 29th, 2013, 5:38 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

My favorite hasn't changed, either. I love Thorin even more than I did in AUJ (if that's even possible). I still like my former favorite (the Witch-King of Angmar), but he's no longer on the top of my list (more in the middle).

That scene when Thorin and Co. finally get into Erebor is so touching. I'm nearly fighting back tears myself (next year won't be so easy, for obvious reasons). I never thought that I would ever see Balin cry, or Thorin close to tears when he nearly gives up when the last light of the setting sun didn't reveal the keyhole (the last light was actually moonlight, which I found kind of funny, since wasn't it moon runes that told them how to find the keyhole in the first place).

What did you think of the dwarves coming out of the toilet in Bard's house? It seems that Dwalin doesn't need anyone's help. Will be going for my third viewing on New Year's Day (unlike the first time, this time will be in RealD 3D as opposed to HFR 3D, although I didn't see much difference between the two versions. I didn't last year, either). :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 31st, 2013, 10:36 am 
Istari
Istari

My favorites haven't changed.
I still can't choose between Thorin and Kili, what is it about dark haired, good looking dwarves :lol:
Ohmygosh, I totally agree Marida! There were tears in my eyes when Thorin and Balin enter Erebor. Of course, the brother I was closest to leaned over and went "why are you crying sis? This is awesome...and Kili's dying." That brother got into trouble after the movie.
When the dwarves were coming out of the toilet, our entire theater was stifling laughter. I loved the looks on the dwarves faces, they were so mad!
And Bombur! During the barrels scene...I was laughing helplessly. Bombur is a boss! :lol:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2014, 3:30 pm 

Did I already mention I really like the prophecy that's written about Thorin? I already had a weakness for poems, but this on in particular is very good. It's not too long, the rhythm is nice, and Luke Evan's voice doesn't hurt either. And it's a really nice description for the heir to the throne of Erebor :happy:

PostPosted: June 14th, 2014, 7:01 pm 
Dwarf at Heart
Dwarf at Heart

Oh, those Durin boys, might I join in here? :D

He saw there mirrored bright and fair

♥In a poly relationship with Kili and Tauriel♥

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 14th, 2014, 7:22 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I'm sure you can, but you may want to mention who your favorite is (obviously Kili, am I right) and why you like them. Though I think that both Fili and Kili are cool, they're a little too young for my tastes (which is why I prefer Thorin), since I would feel like a cradle robber if I went for one of them (and I'm old enough to be their mother, so that's another reason). ;-)

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9