Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Thorin Oakenshield fan club!
PostPosted: January 16th, 2014, 8:59 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Can I join? I'm not crazy about *cough* Thorin's looks :lol:

PostPosted: January 17th, 2014, 12:38 pm 
Istari
Istari

You can join, bro :p be cautious,this club is mostly for me, so I can scream over Thorin's good looks :lol:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 12th, 2014, 11:34 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

4Frodo wrote:
I'm not crazy about *cough* Thorin's looks :lol:

You don't have to be, leave the drooling to us crazy female admirers. ;-)

Check out what someone posted on the very first Thorin appreciation thread on TORN:

Someone originally thought that this scene might be from the upcoming BoFA, but it actually might be a still from the prologue to AUJ (I really should watch it again, since it ties in with my fan fiction story). This particular obsession of mine may never end (not that I'd want it to).

Dreams about Thorin? If you don't have any, or don't remember your dreams, what do you think of Thorin's relationship with Gandalf? Do you think it's more of a power struggle kind of thing (one always trying to out do the other and so forth)?

Since I have Thorin dreams all of the time (but not when I'm expecting them, it's always when I'm least expecting them), I'll be answering the first question (I'll save the latter one for another time):

Though I won't share the last romantic dream I had about him on a family friendly site such as this (and don't bother sending me a PM about the details, I still won't tell you, since I'd be too embarrassed to type it all out), I'll share a few others (including a romantic one that wasn't quite as intense):

This one I had before DoS hit theaters (it's amazing how long I remember them): I dreamt that I missed going to DoS on opening night (or perhaps it was the premiere) only to get scolded by Thorin (more the scolding he gives Bilbo in Bag End, so it wasn't that bad). I think Dwalin was there too, and we forgot the Hobbit! Poor Bilbo gets left behind even in our subconscious minds.

This other one may be a little on the romantic side (but not quite as intense as the last one I had). I dreamt that we were in prison (or it may have been some sort of a camp that my mom used to work for) and we were wearing some sort of blue uniforms. I think we were sitting on some sort of couch or something and I got up only to be pulled down by Thorin (by the arm, and I'm not sure if it was by force). Maybe it was to protect me from something, but perhaps he didn't want me to leave? I've had this kind of dream before, but it was about Capt. Jack and it was also some sort of a protection dream (or was it) but this one took place on the Black Pearl instead of in some sort of prison. Where did this come from? It's not like I ever watched Prison Break or anything (though I do watch countless Family Guy episodes that take place in a prison, so perhaps my subconscious was mixing up fandoms again. My mind does that a lot). :confused2:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 17th, 2014, 10:01 pm 
Ent
Ent

I have never dreamt about Thorin. I don't dream about any characters I like. Mostly my dreams are the same, I'm getting lost in a labyrinth, but where ever I go leads to a dead end. Or I go on a journey to somewhere, but I always wake up before I reach the end.

Anyway, back to Thorin... I hope that picture is his TBotFA costume. He looks quite kingly in it. I hope he doesn't ruin it by smiling too much. I upgraded him from fave character - personality and plight wise, to full on crush, because of that grouchy stoic fallen hero look. So that, he should stay.

♥ Married to Thranduil, 22 April 2014 ♥

Lónannûniel, Queen of the Woodland Realm ♦

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW