Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: the NEW Doctor Who fanclub
PostPosted: May 30th, 2014, 9:50 am 
Elf
Elf

^^ New teaser, a longer one, coming out on Saturday... :kick: Please, confirm that.. Oh Eru I'm so excited I could just run around my room. :jump:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 30th, 2014, 2:40 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Oh yes, that would be great if it came out on Saturday, tomorrow!
I wonder which other well-known personalities, besides Robin Hood, the Doctor is going to meet in the new season :)

johnny&orlifan6422 wrote:
Going back to that discussion forum I mentioned in my response to Nirielle, the rest of you guys might like it, too :yes:. If any of you do decide to become members of it, my one piece of advice is stay away from the part of it that's focused on finding, discussing, and posting spoilers (that's information about what we're likely to see in the episodes, and what their stories are going to be), unless you don't mind finding out that sort of stuff ahead of time. Here's the link for those of you who are interested in checking it out: http://gallifreybase.com/forum/index.php? .

Ah, I once registered on that site but never posted anything... I was just overwhelmed by its size because it's really enormous :stun: :p

The day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon and East of the Sun.

PostPosted: June 1st, 2014, 12:43 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Quote:
Ah, I once registered on that site but never posted anything... I was just overwhelmed by its size because it's really enormous :stun: :p
It is :yes:. It's a lot of fun, though, and is a good place to get spoilers, confirmed or otherwise, if you like looking at that sort of thing. I spend most of my time in the spoilers section and actor fan threads section, with occasional visits to the "no spoilers" section, so that makes it less overwhelming :].

PostPosted: June 4th, 2014, 1:12 pm 
Elf
Elf

When the next trailer is gonna be out? I so wanna see it, but it's not here..

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 26th, 2014, 2:06 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

A few new photos from the set:
http://i1.walesonline.co.uk/incoming/ar ... _01JPG.jpg
http://i4.walesonline.co.uk/incoming/ar ... _01JPG.jpg
http://i1.walesonline.co.uk/incoming/ar ... _01JPG.jpg
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/incoming/a ... _01JPG.jpg

I'm wondering what happened to Tardis :-D

PostPosted: June 27th, 2014, 5:11 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

And we have an airdate for the season premiere— August 23rd :-D. The BBC and a site called Blogtor Who have also provided these little treats:
Title of Episode 1: "Deep Breath" (strange title, TBH, but it is unique, so not really any major complaints 8])

New(ish) Teaser (it's a bit longer and has dialogue)
http://www.youtube.com/embed/CIzgoB8pXuc?feature=oembed

New Promo Picture
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FZg4pXaYWi0/U ... h_res-.jpg

PostPosted: July 9th, 2014, 1:48 pm 
Elf
Elf

I'm sooo excited I could just run around at my home. It's just 45 days.. :laughbounce:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 14th, 2014, 3:56 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Well, prepare to be even more excited ;). Because we now have a trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TivqZTq5u6Y :-D. Another teaser came out a few weeks ago, but there's quite a bit more to the above, so unless you'd like to see the teaser, I'm not going to post it. Enjoy squeeing (that means screeching out loud happily) ;)!

PostPosted: July 15th, 2014, 6:31 am 
Elf
Elf

The daleks!! Aww daleks will come back! And the Capaldi's Doctor and Clara and omg.. *hyperventilates*

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 21st, 2014, 8:59 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Indeed they are :yes:. It'll be an interesting take on them, too, judging from what I now know about the episode they appear in (which, BTW, is the second one) ;).

About Clara and Twelve. Looks like they're going to have an interesting relationship, doesn't it :happy:? There's an interview with Steven Moffat in the newest issue of this magazine called SFX Magazine. This is what he says about Twelve and (kind of) what his relationship with Clara is going to be:
“I think it feels more serious,” he reveals in the new issue of SFX.
“One of the watchwords we have this year is there are consequences for choosing to live like this. It’s not a fairytale. If you have people back home, if you run away it’s going to have an effect on them. And it’s not necessarily always going to be lovely. And does the Doctor make you better?

We want to make it feel that these adventures can hurt…”

And the Doctor’s new persona will have a major impact on his relationship with companion Clara, played by Jenna Coleman.

“From a Doctor she could sort of control, because he had a crush on her, she’s landed with a Doctor who barely registers that she’s a girl. They’re great friends and all that but she has to be his human interface with everybody else.”
. Here's a link to the article: http://www.sfx.co.uk/2014/07/21/exclusi ... -series-8/ .

I'm personally very happy about all the above, because even though I liked watching the romance between Ten and Rose develop & play out, and am a shameless Doctor/River Song shipper, I want to and am ready to see a very different Doctor/Companion relationship. I'm also very ready to see a different kind of Doctor, as I think that would be very interesting (like I said a while back, I liked all the Classic Who stories I saw, despite the lack of Doctor/Companion romance, and, at least in the cases of the First, Second, Third, Sixth, and Seventh doctors, how very different their personas were from Ten's and Eleven's).

PostPosted: August 19th, 2014, 5:20 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Only five more days left! And btw, I heard Jenna might be leaving Doctor Who at Christmas special episode.

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2014, 8:52 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

So, in, I'm guessing, most countries, we've now seen two episodes with Twelve. What does everyone think of him so far, and how did you like the episodes?

I personally like Twelve so far, despite how different & "alien" he is, and am very intrigued about what direction Capaldi, Moffat & company are going to take him :yes:.

I enjoyed both episodes, but I preferred "Deep Breath" over "Into The Dalek". The former was more character-driven and had more emotional weight to it than the latter, I thought. I've always liked episodes of that sort more than the action-adventure-y type ones (The one exception to that, at least off the top of my head, is "Cold War". Despite the fact that it was what's called a "base under siege" story, Mark Gatiss, who wrote it, struck just the right balance between action, character, and emotion, IMO.).

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 5:29 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Thoughts on series 8? :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 14th, 2014, 3:34 pm 

Okay, without referring to actual episodes (I don't want to give away any spoilers for those haven't watched the new episodes yet), I think I can say I like the Twelfth doctor. I like his character, how he's a bit more tough and stubborn and kind of old-fashioned compared to the Eleventh doctor. His outfit is also very fitting for this character; gentleman-like but also modern and very cool. And, last but not least, I very much like the relationship he currently has with Clara. It has given Clara some new opportunities to quickly rise on my list of favorite companions because we get to see a new side of her character.

****SPOILER AHEAD!!!****

Oh and I absolutely loved the bit where Madam Vastra explains about the Doctor having a new face because of how he wants the world to see him, which explains why he has decided to stop making himself younger with each regeneration. And although I thought the cameo of Matt Smith was a bit too much, I liked how the current Doctor took the opportunity to remember Clara that he's no longer her boyfriend and that she must no longer treat him as such. Which in turn gives Clara the opportunity to show that other side of herself, a side that I much more agree with!

AND I also like the direction the writing has taken; the stories per episode remind me of the single story episodes of the 9th and 10th Doctor, instead of the often vague and incoherent episodes of the 11th Doctor. So yeah, I'm happy with Capaldi as the new Doctor and I'm very curious to see how he'll develop in this season.

PostPosted: September 15th, 2014, 6:20 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Alatáriël Telemnar-
Quote:
Thoughts on series 8? :)
*Pokes previous comment in regard to first two episodes* As for the two most recent episodes? I loved them both :yes:. "Robot Of Sherwood" was a really great little romp (e.g. fun, fluffy episode). And really, how could you go wrong with a mash-up of the story of Robin Hood and Doctor Who :-D? And "Listen", which just aired Saturday? Absolutely BRILLIANT and BEAUTIFUL :)! It was the best of the four so far, IMO :yes: Here's how I've rated them:
"Deep Breath"- 8/10. Kind of thin on plot, but that didn't matter to me, because I think it was intended to be a character piece. That is, the focus was on the characters and their development, rather than the story itself.

"Into The Dalek"- 6/10. Actually the one I've rated the lowest thus far. There were a few really good moments and parts, but mostly, it just left me kind of cold :confused:. In other words, except for an isolated moment here & there, it didn't really garner any significant emotional reactions from me, neither positive nor negative.

"Robot Of Sherwood"- 8/10. Not really anything of substance here (e.g. nothing thought-provoking, deeply emotional, etc.), but you know what? I loved every minute of it :-D! I was smiling and/or laughing the whole time I was watching it (except, obviously, for the parts that weren't supposed to be funny) 8). The interaction between Capaldi, Jenna, and Tom Riley (Robin Hood) was a major highlight. They all played off each other really well. I also liked Ben Miller's portrayal of the Sheriff a lot. I got a very Master-like vibe from him a few times :yes:.

"Listen"- 9/10. Just an absolutely wonderful episode :yes:! There were a couple of parts when I felt like this :hide:, but ones where I felt like this :hug: & this :), too.

Lhunardaien-
Quote:
Okay, without referring to actual episodes (I don't want to give away any spoilers for those haven't watched the new episodes yet), I think I can say I like the Twelfth doctor. I like his character, how he's a bit more tough and stubborn and kind of old-fashioned compared to the Eleventh doctor. His outfit is also very fitting for this character; gentleman-like but also modern and very cool. And, last but not least, I very much like the relationship he currently has with Clara. It has given Clara some new opportunities to quickly rise on my list of favorite companions because we get to see a new side of her character.

****SPOILER AHEAD!!!****

Oh and I absolutely loved the bit where Madam Vastra explains about the Doctor having a new face because of how he wants the world to see him, which explains why he has decided to stop making himself younger with each regeneration. And although I thought the cameo of Matt Smith was a bit too much, I liked how the current Doctor took the opportunity to remember Clara that he's no longer her boyfriend and that she must no longer treat him as such. Which in turn gives Clara the opportunity to show that other side of herself, a side that I much more agree with!

AND I also like the direction the writing has taken; the stories per episode remind me of the single story episodes of the 9th and 10th Doctor, instead of the often vague and incoherent episodes of the 11th Doctor. So yeah, I'm happy with Capaldi as the new Doctor and I'm very curious to see how he'll develop in this season.
Same with me :yes:. Capaldi was convincing as the Doctor from the first moment he appeared onscreen in "Deep Breath", and that's never happened to me before. I don't know that I can really pinpoint a moment when Tennant truly became the Doctor for me (that is, I saw the Doctor, rather than just an actor playing the Doctor, if you understand what I mean), because I never really emotionally connected with Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor, so I didn't really miss him when he was gone. In the case of Matt Smith, though, it was a whole season before I actually saw him as the Doctor, and it was about half of another before I really began to develop an affection for him.

Yeah, I really like the new relationship between them, too :yes:. I'm rather tired of the Doctor/Companion relationship having a romantic undertone, so the form of the one between Twelve and Clara is a very welcome departure. I also agree with you that it's allowed us to see a completely different side of Clara. I personally liked her from the start, but her characterization was a bit lacking.

***************SPOILERS*******************
Yeah, Madame Vastra scolding Clara for reacting the way she did to the Doctor's new face was one of the biggest highlights of the first episode for me :yes:.

Really? I found it very touching (e.g. sweet), personally. But hey, we all have our likes and dislikes :happy:.

Capaldi is great, isn't he 8]? What's especially impressive to me is how he can show so many different emotions with just one expression (something David Tennant was also very good at, IMO). The way he played Twelve's reactions to being rejected by Clara again at the end of "Deep Breath" are an excellent example. He looks angry, hurt, and uncertain all at the same time when he looks at her after she's finished talking to Eleven on the phone.

PostPosted: September 15th, 2014, 3:32 pm 

Oh yeah I absolutely loved "Robots of Sherwood". Everything about that episode was cute! The scepticism of the Doctor, Clara's enthusiasm (exactly how I would react upon finding myself in Sherwood forest), the merry Men, Robin's laugh and the storyline in general. So clever to incorporate both the 'original' story and to then adapt it to fit in Doctor Who.

I haven't seen last Saturday's episode yet, but it looked very promising. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next