Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 28th, 2024, 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: the NEW Doctor Who fanclub
PostPosted: April 13th, 2014, 2:58 pm 
Elf
Elf

Exterminate!

Take me back!!

Donna Noble has left the library, Donna Noble has been saved.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 13th, 2014, 3:12 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Look at these people, these human beings. Consider their potential! From the day they arrive on the planet, blinking, step into the sun, there is more to see than can ever be seen, more to do than — no, hold on. Sorry, that’s The Lion King. But the point still stands. Leave them alone!

Everybody lives, Rose! Just this once, everybody lives!

The day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon and East of the Sun.

PostPosted: April 13th, 2014, 3:17 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!”
— The Doctor, Season 2, Episode 2

“Rose, before I go, I just want to tell you: you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And you know what? So was I.”
— The Doctor, Season 1, Episode 13 (Sd one but very good but still very sad.)...

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 14th, 2014, 11:03 am 
Elf
Elf

Nirielle wrote:
Look at these people, these human beings. Consider their potential! From the day they arrive on the planet, blinking, step into the sun, there is more to see than can ever be seen, more to do than — no, hold on. Sorry, that’s The Lion King. But the point still stands. Leave them alone!

Alatáriël Telemnar wrote:

“Rose, before I go, I just want to tell you: you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And you know what? So was I.”

^^ simply brilliant quotes..

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 14th, 2014, 3:09 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

This one is good too:

I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?

And has any of you seen Torchwood, a Doctor Who spin-off?

PostPosted: April 14th, 2014, 3:30 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Nienor Níniel wrote:

More brilliant quotes or better say fantastic. ;)

Nirielle wrote:
This one is good too:

I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?

Lovely one. Which Torchwood has Doctor Who spin-off??? :happy:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 15th, 2014, 5:57 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Nienor Níniel -
Quote:
Cause I'm not living in the UK.. cause it always takes six months (or a whole year) to show Doctor Who's new seasons here.
Ah, I see. I don't live in the UK either, though (I'm American), but I was able to see it on Christmas Day along with viewers in the UK. Strange :confuzzled:.

Now then, favorite quotes.
Quote:
"Doctor Who: The Rings of Akhaten – The Doctor’s Speech"
"Okay then. That’s what I’ll do. I’ll tell you a story. Can you hear them? All these people who lived in terror of you and your judgment. All these people whose ancestors devoted themselves — sacrificed themselves — *to you*. Can you hear them singing? Oh, you like to think you’re a *God*. Well, you’re not a God — you’re just a parasite, eaten out with jealous, envy, and longing for the lives of others. You *feed* on them. On the memory of love, and loss, and birth, and death, and joy, and sorrow…so…SO…come on then, take mine. Take. My. Memories. But I hope you’ve got a big appetite. Because I have lived a LONG life, and I have seen a *few* things. I walked away from the last Great Time War. I marked the passing of the Time Lords. I saw the *birth* of the universe and I watched as time RAN OUT, moment by moment, until NOTHING remained — NO TIME, NO SPACE, *JUST ME*! I walked in universes where the laws of physics were devised by the mind of a *mad* man. And I’ve watched universes freeze, and creation *burn* — I have seen things you WOULDN’T *BELIEVE* AND I HAVE *LOST* THINGS YOU WILL *NEVER* UNDERSTAND — and I know things. Secrets that must never be told. *Knowledge* that must NEVER be *SPOKEN*! KNOWLEDGE THAT WILL MAKE. PARASITE.GODS. *BLAZE*! SO *COME* ON, THEN!!! TAKE IT!!!! TAKE IT ALL, BABY!!!!! HAVE IT! YOU. HAVE. IT. ALL!!!!!!!!!!"

The Time of the Doctor
"We all change when you think about it. We're all different all through our lives. And that's okay, that's good. You've got to keeping moving. As long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me."
I love these, too :), as well as this one: “Rose, before I go, I just want to tell you: you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And you know what? So was I.”

Others:
-"We will sing to you, Doctor. The universe will sing you to sleep." (Ood Sigma, "The End Of Time", Part Two)

-"This song is ending, but the story never ends." (Ood Sigma, "The End Of Time", Part Two)
-"Get out of the way!" (The Master, "The End Of Time", Part Two)
-"I don't want to go." (The Doctor, "The End Of Time", Part Two)
-"When you create this world, this world of human and Hath, remember that! Make that the foundation— A man who never would!" (The Doctor, "The Doctor's Daughter")

-"Just this once, Rose, everybody lives!" (The Doctor, "The Doctor Dances")
-"It has the power of a god, and I just sent it to its room!" (The Doctor, "The Doctor Dances")
-"Good men don't need rules! Today is not the day to find out why I have so many!" (The Doctor, "A Good Man Goes To War")

-"For one bright, shining moment, she was the most important woman in the universe." (The Doctor, "Journey's End") That whole speech to Wilf & Sylvia about Donna was great, actually. Terribly sad, but great.

-"There's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans of seeing tomorrow, there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap.... Me." (The Doctor, "The Time Of Angels")

-"No pressure or anything, but this is usually the time you come up with a really great idea." (River Song, "The Time Of Angels")

-"Hello, I'm the Doctor. Basically, RUN." (The Doctor, "The Eleventh Hour")
-"[I'm just] a daft old man who stole a magical blue box and ran away." (The Doctor, "The Big Bang")

-"Something doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick." (The Doctor, "Amy's Choice")
-"Make a decision. They'll listen to you. It's you they're waiting for. Amy's men. Amy's choice. Choose a world, and this whole nightmare will be over." (The Dream Lord, "Amy's Choice")

-"Now you four people, here in this church, in this little corner of Earth, are going to be the best of humanity you can be." (The Doctor, "The Hungry Earth")

Nirielle- First, welcome :hiya:!
Quote:
I have. *Raises hand* I'm not interested in watching it anymore, though, because the majority of the things that made me love it in the first place were destroyed at the end of the third season.

PostPosted: April 15th, 2014, 7:16 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Still what is wrong with Torchwood? I've always aimed to watch it.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 15th, 2014, 2:19 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

johnny&orlifan6422 wrote:
Quote:
Cause I'm not living in the UK.. cause it always takes six months (or a whole year) to show Doctor Who's new seasons here.
Ah, I see. I don't live in the UK either, though (I'm American), but I was able to see it on Christmas Day along with viewers in the UK. Strange :confuzzled:.

Nienor Niniel, can't you just watch it online? I don't live in the UK either, but I would go crazy if I had to wait several months to watch new DW episodes!... :confused2: :)

Quote:

Then watch it! I think I know what johnny&orlifan6422 means talking about the end of the 3rd season, but I just wouldn't like to give you any spoilers here :] Torchwood is really good imo, sometimes scary though!

PostPosted: April 15th, 2014, 2:32 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Nirielle wrote:

Quote:

Then watch it! I think I know what johnny&orlifan6422 means talking about the end of the 3rd season, but I just wouldn't like to give you any spoilers here :] Torchwood is really good imo, sometimes scary though!

Then I better go and watch it :D . :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 16th, 2014, 8:02 am 
Elf
Elf

Just a question: Did you like Martha? Why/why not?

I personally liked her, I think she was brilliant. It wasn't her fault that she wasn't Rose.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 16th, 2014, 2:37 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Nienor Níniel wrote:

I personally liked her, I think she was brilliant. It wasn't her fault that she wasn't Rose.

I loved her and wished if he loved her back; she was brilliant. :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 17th, 2014, 7:49 am 
Elf
Elf

^^ I think the Doctor loved her in the end, and thought she was his good friend, but his love to her was just "you're my best friend" sort of love. Martha loved him probably as much as Rose did, but the Doctor just loved her as a friend. That's why I think she walked away from the Tardis.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 17th, 2014, 7:38 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Alatáriël Telemnar-
Quote:
Oh, when I said I don't want to watch it anymore, I meant I'm not interested in seeing anything that was/is or (possibly) will be done post-S3, because most of what I liked about the show is gone now. I love the first two seasons, and am now actually okay with the third one (Though it took awhile. Assuming you end up liking some of the same things I did, you'll understand why that was once you've watched the third season.). I even have a couple of unfinished fanfiction stories on my computer that involve the TW characters. So definitely check it out, it's really good :yes:. My only warning is like Nirielle said, it can be scary sometimes. It's also very dark (as in not always happy & fun) and covers far more adult subjects & experiences than DW does most of the time.

Nienor Níniel-
Quote:
Hmmm..., how can I explain what my view of Martha is? *Ponders* Okay, here goes. When I first watched S3, I had a very neutral view of her— I neither liked nor disliked her, because I couldn't really connect with her on an emotional level (the same problem arose with Amy & Rory, but it was never resolved for me, unlike in the case of Martha). I also was mildly annoyed that RTD & company forced another love story subplot (and a one-sided one, to boot) into the mix , because after the Rose/Ten one (which I liked watching unfold), I wanted to see a different relationship between the Doctor and the companion (but not because I was a big Ten/Rose pairing fan who didn't want to see the Doctor in a romantic relationship with anyone else), one more like what we saw a season later with Ten and Donna. Due to that one-sided love story subplot in S3, Martha's strength as a character was undermined, at least for me— it wasn't until her later appearances in the show (and elsewhere ;)) that I realized how great a character she would have been, had RTD & company not insisted on including the subplot I mentioned above.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2014, 5:05 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Nienor Níniel wrote:
^^ I think the Doctor loved her in the end, and thought she was his good friend, but his love to her was just "you're my best friend" sort of love. Martha loved him probably as much as Rose did, but the Doctor just loved her as a friend. That's why I think she walked away from the Tardis.

I see your point. I also want to know why he loved Rose so much? Yes, she saved him a million times but others did that too.

johnny&orlifan6422 wrote:
Alatáriël Telemnar-
Quote:
Oh, when I said I don't want to watch it anymore, I meant I'm not interested in seeing anything that was/is or (possibly) will be done post-S3, because most of what I liked about the show is gone now. I love the first two seasons, and am now actually okay with the third one (Though it took awhile. Assuming you end up liking some of the same things I did, you'll understand why that was once you've watched the third season.). I even have a couple of unfinished fanfiction stories on my computer that involve the TW characters. So definitely check it out, it's really good :yes:. My only warning is like Nirielle said, it can be scary sometimes. It's also very dark (as in not always happy & fun) and covers far more adult subjects & experiences than DW does most of the time.

I see why Torchwood was not for all of us.

Nienor Níniel-
Quote:
Hmmm..., how can I explain what my view of Martha is? *Ponders* Okay, here goes. When I first watched S3, I had a very neutral view of her— I neither liked nor disliked her, because I couldn't really connect with her on an emotional level (the same problem arose with Amy & Rory, but it was never resolved for me, unlike in the case of Martha). I also was mildly annoyed that RTD & company forced another love story subplot (and a one-sided one, to boot) into the mix , because after the Rose/Ten one (which I liked watching unfold), I wanted to see a different relationship between the Doctor and the companion (but not because I was a big Ten/Rose pairing fan who didn't want to see the Doctor in a romantic relationship with anyone else), one more like what we saw a season later with Ten and Donna. Due to that one-sided love story subplot in S3, Martha's strength as a character was undermined, at least for me— it wasn't until her later appearances in the show (and elsewhere ;)) that I realized how great a character she would have been, had RTD & company not insisted on including the subplot I mentioned above.

I wish if they have given Martha more to prove her awesomeness and she was a doctor too you know ;) .

P.S. Does any of you feels that The 11th seasons are a very separated series???

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 18th, 2014, 12:21 pm 
Elf
Elf

I see your point. I also want to know why he loved Rose so much? Yes, she saved him a million times but others did that too.

Maybe the Doctor just fell in love with her.. I don't know.

P.S. Does any of you feels that The 11th seasons are a very separated series???

Do you mean the series of the 11th Doctor? Then yes.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next