Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 667 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April 11th, 2007, 8:51 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Haldir o Lórien wrote:
Ahhh... the man was probably right... what's your draw weight?

I don't know that either. (man I feel dumb right now) You can change the weight on it so I really have know clue. We traded our freinds my brothers scout bow (he doesn't shoot it anymore) for this one, I think I'll go ask them how to tell it's weight. It's a compound but I really wanted a long bow, which I probable won't be getting for a really long time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 11th, 2007, 2:24 pm 

*slightly jaleous of people who get to shoot*
I was supposed to practise with my cousin over Easter, but the weather was cold and miserable... and when I wanted to buy new arrows, they were out of them... *deep sigh* So we never got to shoot... *hangs head and drags feet*

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 11th, 2007, 3:35 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

^Aww poor Eä! It'll get all pretty out in a month or so :P (I have to do indoor shooting now, too...) And once it's all warm, they'll restock on their arrows :D

Miluiel_Legolas is mine! wrote:
I'm so happy! A new place just opened up near by! But they're even more expensive than the last place. *sighs*
We had a class tournament not long ago. It was Class One against Class Two (I was in Class Two) and we beat them really well. We hit a lot of bull's eyes in the accuracy round, and even more in the form round.
Anyone else have similar tournaments?

I did a couple of years ago. All our phys.ed. classes did in our school for our first years. We might have done something similar... depends though. We started off unbearably close to the target, then they backed up gradually. From how far did you shoot?

Murtagh's Misery wrote:
I don't know that either. (man I feel dumb right now) You can change the weight on it so I really have know clue. We traded our freinds my brothers scout bow (he doesn't shoot it anymore) for this one, I think I'll go ask them how to tell it's weight. It's a compound but I really wanted a long bow, which I probable won't be getting for a really long time.

Oh haha that's okay... longbows are awesome! One of my coaches brought in his and let us try it out... of course we were all used to using compound and recurves, so we sucked with that his, but that was still really fun to play around with :P

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 11th, 2007, 3:57 pm 

Yeah, long bows are great. I never tried other bows... They look too complicated to be fun!! I only shoot for fun, but I still want a nice wooden long bow...

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 11th, 2007, 4:10 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

Oo compound bows are fun, too... it's just not something you can handle even a bit too roughly... and there is a lot of maintenance involved. I used to own a wooden recurve... standard, with nothing but wood, a grip and a string :P So I can see what you mean... sort of.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 11th, 2007, 4:24 pm 

"...a lot of maintenance involved..." Don't like that.. although I suppose if i got a nice long bow it would have to be maintained as well. Basically every precious thing has to be maintained! :-)

But still the simple-ness attracts me with the long bow. Even if I can't aim for long distance targets with it. I don't even have that much space in my back yard, so it fits well :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 11th, 2007, 5:53 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Eä wrote:
Yeah, long bows are great. I never tried other bows... They look too complicated to be fun!! I only shoot for fun, but I still want a nice wooden long bow...

There not to complex, but mine has a huge quiver one the side of it that starts the the arrow rest, and is like 5 inchs long. It is so annoying, some times I want to rip it off.

You are so lucky you have a long bow. My dad said that he will bye me one if I can shoot 10 cay disk out of 25 with the gun. I don't like guns that much though, they are way to loud!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 12th, 2007, 2:19 am 
Istari
Istari

I was going to start shooting longbow at the beginning of this year, but my dad's hurt his knee so he can't take me to the club :(

<3
top banner by Coccinelle
I'll be back to visit, I promise!
</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 12th, 2007, 9:57 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

That really stinks. I have only been to the range once in the last year, the rest of the time we shoot at a target in the back yard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 12th, 2007, 12:04 pm 
Istari
Istari

Our back yard's really small. It's not worthy of being called a yard, really :-D Definitely not long enough for me to shoot in :(

<3
top banner by Coccinelle
</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 12th, 2007, 2:34 pm 

Ohh see, that's why it pays off to have a cheap, crappy bow!! I only have our back yard for practising, which also happens to be very small, but with my cheap, crappy bow it's just fine. I wouldn't be able to shoot much longer and still aim with that bow, hehe! :P

I do still want a beautiful, pretty, adorable, nice etc. long bow... and when I get one I'll find a place to shoot it! :-)

And i hope your dad gets well soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 12th, 2007, 7:46 pm 

Haldir o Lórien wrote:
I did a couple of years ago. All our phys.ed. classes did in our school for our first years. We might have done something similar... depends though. We started off unbearably close to the target, then they backed up gradually. From how far did you shoot?

Yeah, same with ours. We started off about five meters away and backed up to about ten. Class one started at three and backed up to eight. They did really well though.

I miss classes so much! I'm going to have to beg and pester my dad about them again until he lets me go back.

What was your draw weight btw, sis?

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 12th, 2007, 8:02 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

26... very light and comfortable. My old one was 20 and insanely light, so my coach suggested a heavier one.

How about yours?

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 13th, 2007, 2:07 am 
Istari
Istari

Ea, I can't shoot with small cheap bows any more after years of shooting with a bigger draw weight, it doesn't feel right :-D

<3
top banner by Coccinelle
</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 13th, 2007, 2:31 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Location: In my library, unconvering dark and mysterious secrets...

Oh, wow I have not posted here but I've been a member for quite some while. Ok umm...I don't do archery, but my dad is going to teach me in october, with a bow that has a draw weight of 40 pounds!!!

Thanks Nurratiel, *Ennostiel*, PD, and Githoniel

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 13th, 2007, 3:22 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

b&a: I can't shoot with bows that have too little draw weights... the arrows go everywhere and for me, it's less stable.

Arya: That's awesome! Heavy weight to start with, but it's always awesome to have a parent that can do cool things like that :P My parents could never do archery (or anything cool... fencing, horseback riding, jousting, dancing... you name it) if their lives depended on it.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 667 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next