Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2008, 2:39 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

So, i was going through my old posts, and i just wanted to bring back a reflection. Back when i was a A&U newbie, i was misguided in the ways of hatred. It makes me laugh today to see how far i have come in the world of LOTR and a&u.

LOL! Just thoughts! I think this comment really built good relationships and gave good laughs to all A&U members. Long Live CAHS (Chronic Aragorn Hating Syndrome)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 9th, 2008, 12:17 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

As a big big Aragorn fan, i couldn't resist commenting, haha.

Arwen Udomiel was beautiful, and had a wise and gentle spirit to match. And was believed to walk in Luthien's likeness (as a descendant).

Aragorn, was a Man. A Ranger, one of the Dunedain, and descendant of Isildur, and heir to the throne of Gondor. He was constantly travelling Middle Earth, trying to discover news of the enemy, and to keep the free peoples safe. He is described as weatherbeaten, stern (from which sudden mirth could spill forth like from a rock) And has doubts about himself as a leader, due to his infamous Ancester failing to destroy the One Ring when the opportunity had arisen.

I have a literary crush on Aragorn, but he was never ugly, living in harsh conditions and having the life he did (was certainly not easy) did not help to make him look attractive to many people maybe, but he was noble, and brace and came about to become the King in the end, not because he desired power, but because of the sacrifices he (amongst others) made so that Frodo and Sam could get the ring to the Crack of Doom without drawing Sauron's attention.

Aragorn's sacrifices included; marching the united army to the Gates of Mordor, without any hope of surviving, or seeing Arwen again. He agonised over Arwen's fate nearly almost as bad as Elrond did, he seemed to feel incredible guilt at taking the Evenstar away from her family.

Love is a funny thing, you cannot control whom it is you love, and you cannot change it. In the face of Elrond's conditions upon which Aragorn could THEN marry his daughter, should he succeed, Aragorn went out - again with no real hope, but he tried to do it anyway - knowing himself that being Isildur's heir, and therefore Elendil's was not enough, he HAD to be King of Gondor & Arnor before the Elven Princess would be allowed to sacrifice her immortality to wed him.

Long live the CLAS (Chronic Loving Aragorn Syndrome)

Haha dont get me wrong i'm not mad, i just love the couple (but mostly Aragorn lol) and felt like writing something, and this discussion prompted me too : P

Hope you are well Telpeath :D

BAL

Bormir
Our people. Our people.

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 9th, 2008, 7:36 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

Two words: Er whoa.

;)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 9th, 2008, 7:44 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

hahaha, did i ramble on a bit ?

:bounce:

i am a bit of a fan...as you might have noticed :roll:

BAL x x x

Bormir
Our people. Our people.

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 9th, 2008, 10:53 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

LOL! Its cool!!!!! Thats what makes us fans of the most beautiful Trilogy!!!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 10th, 2008, 6:48 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

damm straight *high fives* Wooop go us!

*grins*

:) and yes we are rather cool *nods* :D

BAL x x x

Bormir
Our people. Our people.

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 11th, 2008, 12:25 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Holy kashmaow... :P We could totally have a beautiful controversy about this thing. But I agree with you there Teal dear, definitely the most wonderful Trilogy!

It always baffled me how it was in the movie, because in the book its this huge thing with Theoden's death and Eomer made king and Arwen coming and the Mallorn tree. And in the movies tis a bit... Not there-ish. But thats still one of my favorite scenes in all three movies :P

And all will turn to silver glass...

By Goldstrike

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 11th, 2008, 4:28 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I really wish the scouring of the shire was included. That was my favorite part of the last book for sure when the gift of galadriel grew in the shire.

*remembers*

Ah such good memories

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 11th, 2008, 5:34 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

i would have loved to seen the scouring of the shire in the movies - and was a bit disappointed that they didn't to be honest.

Knowing PJ, it would have been a very emotional, beautifully directed scene, so it is unfortunate that it was not included. Lol i know some people say it would have made the film too long - always annoys me lol, we should have one set of movies for the casual cinema-goer and another much extended version for the real fans :P

The scouring of the shire really moved me when i read it because the Shire was sort of the place in the books that was totally innocent, loving nothing more then peace, quiet and good tilled earth - and things that grow :-D

And it would have been nice to see Saruman's actual death, the words he spoke to frodo, about neither having a long nor happy (not sure about tht bit) life, but that was not by his doing, he just foresaw it, i think Christopher Lee and Elijah Wood would have done great there ;P (not to mention Brad Dourf - Grima)

haha what do u guys think?

((Teal as always, i read your comments, and i feel inspired to write (be it nonsense or not i dont know lol)

:D

BAL x x x

Bormir
Our people. Our people.

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 11th, 2008, 11:54 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

It would have been marvelous to see the actual death of Saruman! There were many parts in the movies that were just completely left out!

To be honest though, my friends make fun of me, i kinda wish they made a film of the Silmarilian!!!! How awesome would it be to see the beginning through the eyes of Tolkien!!!!!

*Drools!*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 12th, 2008, 1:25 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

They actually DO show the death of Saruman in the extended third. But I would have LOVED to see the Scrounging of the Shire.... Maybe one day someone will remake the movies :P Who knows!

By Goldstrike

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 12th, 2008, 12:35 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Yeah they do show the death of Saruman in the extended version of ROTK but its not how it happens in the books, the hobbits go back to the Shire, to find out that Saruman has taken control of it, and has polluted it, and has the inhabitants living in fear - or arrested when they rebel. (i.e. Fatty Bolger, Lobelia Baggins) Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin rouse up a rebellion to get rid of these ruffians, and succeed, after they go to Bag's End to find out the villain behind the posioning of the shire to be none other then Saruman...Grima is with him and he doesnt want to leave with his master, and so ends up stabbing him.

*short condensed version lol*

Yeah Telpeath, that would have been amazing ;) *drools with you*

I love the Silmarilion :P have u read the Children of Hurin yet? am considering buying it n was just wondering what other people thought :)

BAL x x x

Bormir
Our people. Our people.

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 12th, 2008, 6:25 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I know how he dies :P I HAVE read the books at least half a dozen times BAL...

And YES! I would love the Silmarilion to to be a movie... It would be very interesting to make indeed...

By Goldstrike

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 12th, 2008, 6:41 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

whoops sorry, didnt mean to sound ...patronising?

:blush:

:)

BAL x x x

Bormir
Our people. Our people.

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 12th, 2008, 11:16 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Not yet, its on my Tolkien reading list. First i need to finish Morgoth's Ring First!!!!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 14th, 2008, 6:56 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

One word (to rule them all, etc. etc.): Wow.

Interesting debate! *watches on with interest*

^Thanks to Elenriel of Mirkwood! c:

Last edited by Culúrien on March 17th, 2008, 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next