Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Favorite horror movie/ this Halloween's play list
PostPosted: October 30th, 2006, 10:56 am 
Istari
Istari

What is your favorite horror movie? I would have to say Corpse Bride or Secreat Window (If I just want to be scared out of my mind. Though I have only seen an edited version, which I'm very glad of :lol:.) JD is the king of horror. He's allmost too good at it. However I'm going to watch Sleppy Hollow in little while and I'm hoping that that will be my new favorite, if I can make it through it. That one just might be too much for me especialy since it's another horror movie of JD's. Well, what's your favorite horror movie?
What all horror movies have you seen so far this year? I've watched the Halloween Town movies and Mom's gotta date with a vampire (my 6 year old brother had control of the tv that night), the Sixth sense, Secreat Window, Corpse Bride, and Monster House.

Destiny I'm a Christian boycrazy girl. Will Turner's wife ^&? Image Image Avatar by JF, banners by Taurquende, Nurrantiel Mashiara, Silme Meleth TarNymphadora, and JF taught me how to use banners. Thanks to all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 30th, 2006, 3:03 pm 
Elf
Elf

SAAAAAW!!!!! I LOVE it! The actually plot is terrible, the acting isn't great, but the amount of sheer gore is just awesome. I love all the blood and guts stuff. Scare me and my friends witless at sleepovers. Whilst watching the second one, my friend threw up...we poked him alot after that, but anyway..:P Saw 2 I think is better...it's a pretty horrific film, so I'm not sure everyone would have seen it. Zombie movies are good...the last few vampire or werewolf films I saw were a bit too camped up for my liking. Apart from Interview With a Vampire, which owns, but I'm rambling now :D We're planning a Halloween movie-fest...our Playlist will consist of...*ahem*

1. Saw
2. Saw 2
3. 28 Days Later
4. Dawn of the Dead
5. The Ring
6. Fog. Especially if it's foggy :P

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 30th, 2006, 3:55 pm 
Maia
Maia

I don't watch a lot of horror films, but I do like stuff like "wire in the blood" with lots of gory torture and stuff in it. I'm only gonna watch Skeleton Key this Halloween cos my mum gets scared v. easily :P

[font=Times New Roman, serif].:Sig by me, open to requests of banners, anicons, avvies and wallies over PM:.
.:For Icon credit, PM me:.
[/font]
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 30th, 2006, 4:27 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

Halloween.

I have so many favourites. But that is my all time fave. Michael Myers is just unnerving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 30th, 2006, 9:05 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

The Descent. Is that about the girls that go caving?
Sorry, I don't know the technical term for it.

Post subject: Re: Favorite horror movie/ this Halloween's play list
PostPosted: October 30th, 2006, 11:15 pm 
The A-U Matriarch
The A-U Matriarch

I LOVE horror movies. Big fan of the franchise series like;

A Nightmare on Elm Street
Halloween
Friday the 13th
Saw

I'm also a big Stephen King fan and love movies like Rose Red, The Shining, Carrie, IT etc

Other favorites would be:

Thir13en Ghosts
Gothika
Ghost Ship
House of Wax
Hostel
The Ring
The Grudge
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (originals and remakes)

Drew's Destiny wrote:
What is your favorite horror movie? I would have to say Corpse Bride or Secreat Window (If I just want to be scared out of my mind. Though I have only seen an edited version, which I'm very glad of :lol:.) JD is the king of horror. He's allmost too good at it. However I'm going to watch Sleppy Hollow in little while and I'm hoping that that will be my new favorite, if I can make it through it. That one just might be too much for me especialy since it's another horror movie of JD's. Well, what's your favorite horror movie?
What all horror movies have you seen so far this year? I've watched the Halloween Town movies and Mom's gotta date with a vampire (my 6 year old brother had control of the tv that night), the Sixth sense, Secreat Window, Corpse Bride, and Monster House.

:blink: Corpse Bride is a kids movie. Not a horror movie. Secret Window is a thriller, again not a horror movie. The Halloweentown films are family movies, not horrow movies. Mom's Got a Date With a Vampire is a kids movie and so is Monster House. None of them belong to the horror movie genre.

.*+I'VE MET ANTIGONE, MONTANABOHEMIAN, RAIVYNN PHOENIX, BERIADANWEN & PIRATEOFTHERINGS+*.

(¯`•¸·´¯`·._.·[TRUE VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE]·._.·´¯`·¸•´¯)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 30th, 2006, 11:49 pm 

Ah Rose red!! I fell in love with that when I saw it!! I am a huge sucker for old houses with eirie history. I am hanging out for the day I can buy Rose red..I think there is also a book that it is based on too. Its not by stephen king but I'd still like to read it.

Another movie about a erie old house is 'Saint Ange'

Few more to watch
Dolls
The wishmaster (all of tem)
The blob (a classic, watch for the strings)
Night of the living dead

I am such a fan of horror movie ^_^

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 31st, 2006, 7:16 am 
The A-U Matriarch
The A-U Matriarch

I really want to see the spin-off/sequel to Rose Red; The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer!

I'm a sucker for horror movies that deals with a huge haunted mansion, provided that the effects aren't cheesy.

.*+I'VE MET ANTIGONE, MONTANABOHEMIAN, RAIVYNN PHOENIX, BERIADANWEN & PIRATEOFTHERINGS+*.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 31st, 2006, 8:14 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I like the japanese version of the Ring. Not sure exactly why, but for me it's better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 31st, 2006, 8:52 am 
The A-U Matriarch
The A-U Matriarch

Oh it's definitely better! The same goes for Dark Water, the Grudge etc. The American version of Dark Water was just lame, in my wee humble opinion!

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 31st, 2006, 9:21 am 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

Ringu is all types of awesome.

A few of my other faves I've not mentioned yet.

The Evil Dead..All of them. Bruce Campbell PWNS me. The man is a God.
Sam Raimi is a genius.

Brain Dead and Bad Taste - more Splattercore than horror, but still awesome.

House of a 1000 Corpses - I wasn't expecting to like this, as it was heavily inspired by TCM. But I loved it, Baby is just NUTSO. LOL

Ghost Ship - Very VERY underrated movie. And no I don't just like it cause Karl's in it :P

The Exorcist - Another psychological horror that is just gripping. Also very disturbing.

American Werewolf in London - Cult Classic. The wolf transformation was so far ahead of it's time, and still makes me cringe to this day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 31st, 2006, 10:12 am 
Istari
Istari

Wingfoot, That's a funny story. My freinds and my mom have looked like they might be sick durring some movies but they've never actually thrown up.

Kess, My mom's the same way. This year I made my mom watch sleepy Hollow with me but she still wouldn't watch it when it came on tv at night.

Elegost Eruaphdion, I haven't seen it yet. However I have seen the commercial and I'm guessing that it makes you think twice before going spulunking, doesn't it?

Child of Oainn, Well, most of them were Halloween movies and I did watch them right before halloween so I put them under the Halloween play list.
My mom is totally way afraid of horror flicks and isn't into anything that's gross so if I watch one I usally have to catch it on tv and watch it in my room. So it makes the list of actual horror films that I've watched very few. I knew that I probabley wouldn't have too much to say in this thread but it was close to Halloween and I thought that alot of other people would have alot to say in a thread like this. I realy didn't mean to upset you or anyone else. :( Sorry if I did.
Well, Sleepy Hollow and the Sixth Sense count, right? If they do then my favorite horror movie is Sleepy Hollow. JD did wounderful and him and Christina (I think that's her name) were perfect together. Not very scarey but in it's deffense kind of gross (in some parts). Oh, and I realy liked the little Masbeth boy. I felt so sorry for him.

Destiny I'm a Christian boycrazy girl. Will Turner's wife ^&? Image Image Avatar by JF, banners by Taurquende, Nurrantiel Mashiara, Silme Meleth TarNymphadora, and JF taught me how to use banners. Thanks to all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 31st, 2006, 1:02 pm 
The A-U Matriarch
The A-U Matriarch

Drew's Destiny wrote:
Child of Oainn, Well, most of them were Halloween movies and I did watch them right before halloween so I put them under the Halloween play list.
My mom is totally way afraid of horror flicks and isn't into anything that's gross so if I watch one I usally have to catch it on tv and watch it in my room. So it makes the list of actual horror films that I've watched very few. I knew that I probabley wouldn't have too much to say in this thread but it was close to Halloween and I thought that alot of other people would have alot to say in a thread like this. I realy didn't mean to upset you or anyone else. :( Sorry if I did.
Well, Sleepy Hollow and the Sixth Sense count, right? If they do then my favorite horror movie is Sleepy Hollow. JD did wounderful and him and Christina (I think that's her name) were perfect together. Not very scarey but in it's deffense kind of gross (in some parts). Oh, and I realy liked the little Masbeth boy. I felt so sorry for him.

Don't worry, you didn't upset me. I was just taken aback a little when entering a horror movie thread and seeing kids movies :p Sleep Hollow isn't really horror, neither is Sixth Sense. They're both thrillers. Sixth Sense is really scary, but just because a movie is scary doesn't necessarily make it a horror movie in the sense of the genre.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 31st, 2006, 2:33 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

I know the one you mean then. It was pretty good, but I didnt like the ending.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 31st, 2006, 4:32 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Oooh, horror movies, lets see:

More recent ones:
A Nightmare on Elm Street (Johnny Depp is in that too, for you fangirls, although he like, dies horribly :-D )*
Halloween
Friday the 13th
Final Destination
The Blair Witch Project
Night/Dawn/Day of the dead

And now the older classics:
Freaks
Dracula
Psycho
Frankenstein
Bride of Frankenstein
The Haunting

Yep, I've got a lot of watching to do. :P

*I wish we had an evil grin smiley. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 31st, 2006, 5:30 pm 
The A-U Matriarch
The A-U Matriarch

:vampire: <--- that's kind of an evil grin smiley :D

w00t, another Blair Witch Project fan! I completely forgot to add that to my list in my first post!