Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: HBO Game of Thrones
PostPosted: February 21st, 2012, 10:41 am 
Istari
Istari

It's HBO. I usually don't watch HBO series because of this miserable sex. I understand that in Martin's books IS a lot of nudity but they pushed sex scenes that weren't in book.

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2012, 8:36 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Actually it was useful because they had a lot of exposition to give out. Littlefinger's motives comes to mind firstly and the Targaryaen/dragons backstory. But the easiest way to lose audience attention is by having someone just say it through a crappy monologue or clunky dialogue. Hence the T&A.

Littlefinger was one of the best things I think they've done. He is brilliant.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 16th, 2013, 11:21 am 

I feel like I need to dust off this thread and revive it (since Season 3 started and we're on episode 3)! Remember, use spoiler tags!

So, Season 3 started a few weeks ago and I have to say, I already like it so much more than Season 2! Season 2 was alright, but, it didn't follow the book as much as it did during Season 1. However, I'm really excited for this season because lots of exciting things happen AND they shot in a country where I lived and I recognize/visited the location they filmed, Essaouira, Morocco, I'm a tiny bit excited :teehee:

[Will accept any PM! So PM me! :teehee:]

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 17th, 2013, 5:55 pm 
Vala
Vala

Okay, I just have to share this. Last summer me and two friends went to the London Film and Comic Con, and there were a bunch of peeps from Games of Thrones there. Now, I've never seen the show and know nothing about anything that has to do with it. But my friends met this one guy, who is a bit on the heavier side - in case that'll help you know who it is, I have no idea - and I took a picture of the three of them together. And then, just as we went to leave I leaned in and said:

"I've never seen this show, but I'm sure you're great!" And gave him a thumbs up.

He plus everyone else at the table (also Game of Thrones actors) started laughing loudly. :D

Rest in peace Carrie Fisher, the legend we didn't deserve.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2013, 8:52 am 

I haven't started watching the new season yet, but I've seen plenty of gifs on tumblr.

I just want Sansa and Margaery to be the best friends ever. And they're both inhumanly gorgeous--I'm jealous.

Pretty sure I know what's coming at the end of the season, though... people's reactions are going to be beautiful.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2013, 12:33 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I've loved season 3 so far, but I still haven't started the books yet.

I can't wait to see what happens with Jaime now. And I like watching him with Brienne.

Oh and loved the ending of last episode! Go Dany :D

banner by Aredhel Ar-Feiniel

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2013, 3:36 pm 

Oh goodness! This last episode was one of my favorites! It was fantastic! I'm so happy they were loyal to the book during the last part! It was one of my favorite parts in the book with Dany and now on the show! Fwee!

The 3rd book is probably my favorite out of all of them! So many things happen!

[Will accept any PM! So PM me! :teehee:]

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 25th, 2013, 8:39 am 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Dany FTW! the ending of the latest episode was FULL of epicness!

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2013, 2:09 am 
Ent
Ent

I am planning to marathon season 3's episodes this weekend with my friend!!! So excited. I've only been hearing awesome things since it premiered so I'm not afraid to anticipate like hell.

I have to watch the beauty that is GoT in HD though so I'm going to have to remind my friend to download all the eps in the highest resolution. He'll be more than obliged to. ^^

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2013, 2:15 am 
Elf
Elf

I am watching the series and so far they keep close to the books in season 3. I really love Daenerys scenes, they are epic and Emilia acts perfectly!

I am also very interested in Theon plotline.

Elrond banner by Erin.

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2013, 3:18 pm 
Ent
Ent

I feel like the first season is more memorable for me than the second season. First, the two characters I really loved died by the end of season 1: Ned Stark and Khal Drogo. I was so sad. I mean Ned Stark...is Ned Stark, his arc was great. And his character, I feel, was one of the most likable. He has his flaws, but most of the other GoT characters have such ambiguous motives or enormous flaws. With Khal, at first I was really indignant because I couldn't believe Daenerys was getting forced to marry him, but then he turned out to be such a sensitive and great leader, husband, and WOULD HAVE BEEN AN AMAZING FATHER. Oh, sadness.
Daenerys was one of my favorite characters from the beginning - she is so pretty! That final episode of season one when she's rising from the ashes with her dragons - wow that gave me such chills.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2013, 6:53 pm 

Yeah... I loathe Ned Stark. Besides the obviously evil irredeemable characters like Joffrey and Ramsay Bolton, he's genuinely the character I hate the most in the series. At the end, Littlefinger keeps trying to tell him to put aside his honour just once, for the good of the kingdom, but he doesn't. I think if he'd just listened, and given up his honourable ways, most of Westeros would have been alright rather than being forced into the war; it just makes me mad that he thought his reputation was more important than his family's safety, and the kingdom's. :annoyed2:

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2013, 1:02 am 
Ent
Ent

Shadowcat wrote:
Yeah... I loathe Ned Stark. Besides the obviously evil irredeemable characters like Joffrey and Ramsay Bolton, he's genuinely the character I hate the most in the series. At the end, Littlefinger keeps trying to tell him to put aside his honour just once, for the good of the kingdom, but he doesn't. I think if he'd just listened, and given up his honourable ways, most of Westeros would have been alright rather than being forced into the war; it just makes me mad that he thought his reputation was more important than his family's safety, and the kingdom's. :annoyed2:

It's interesting you say that...now I want to rewatch the first season to see if I pick up other nuances to his character. I always had a favorable impression of him and respected his decisions, but what you think sounds legitimate, too.

Who are the characters you like the most?

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2013, 2:38 am 
Elf
Elf

Shadowcat, you also loathe Ramsay Bolton? :P Because he is one of my favorite characters in the books (not necessary in the series). I love ultimate evil, without any good signs. Yes, I am strange.
In the series I even like his trolling haha. I can't wait what they will do with his character.

Elrond banner by Erin.

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2013, 6:03 am 

^ He's creepy, but I suppose I do give him credit for what he does to Theon, because Theon is another character that I really loathe. I almost liked him for a while, but then I read the second book. :P

Nicole wrote:
Who are the characters you like the most?

Cersei, Margaery, Littlefinger, and Jaime are some of my favourites. I liked Robert and Renly when they were alive too.

Basically, the ones who understand that they're in a very political world, and that to get ahead you have to play the game. The Starks are just way too oblivious; the only ones I can tolerate are Bran and Rickon, because they're too little to be as tedious as their brothers/sisters/parents. :P

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2013, 6:21 am 
Elf
Elf

I always liked Theon and I don't even know why. Maybe I felt sorry for him because he was such a sod? And I must admit I love his chapters in Dance with Dragons and scenes in season three ;)

Elrond banner by Erin.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next