Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Torchwood: Miracle Day
PostPosted: August 8th, 2011, 1:36 am 
Vala
Vala

Has anyone been watching this series? I was a rabid Torchwood fan, and I was left feeling pretty devastated at the end of "Children of Earth". I knew that Torchwood would never be the same with 3/5 of the main cast missing, and my beloved teaboy being one of those missing characters. I had very little hope for Miracle Day, and basically only wanted to watch it in order to see how bad it was.

However, now that I've watched the first for episodes, I'm a fan. Its not the same as the original Torchwood, I will admit that. The plot line (not focused on alien life, at least not yet), as well as the absence of Owen, Tosh, and Ianto, prevents that. But I have to say that this new Torchwood creature is pretty frickin good. I've been on the edge of my seat more than a couple times. The subject matter is absolutely terrifying. The thought of people living forever no matter what is mortifying when you really think about it.

So, has anyone else been watching this? What are your thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day
PostPosted: August 8th, 2011, 6:56 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I have :) Although, I've only seen the first three episodes as I didn't have TV when it was shown through here and I haven't had a chance to catch-up. :P

I'm still a bit not sure about it really. I was the same. I hated the end of Children of Earth, I really thought it was going to be bad, and that they couldn't pull it off without the others, but now I'm not so sure..

I liked the first episode once Jack and Gwen appeared, but it seemed very americanised at first in my eyes. I don't know what it is, and since the majority of my favourite shows are actually american, it shouldn't have been so noticeable/mattered so much but I found it very forced as it started.. well, something like that, I don't know how to explain it :P

Second episode.. I felt like not much happened but I guess it was fairly good, especially towards the end. Plus Sierra [/dollhouse <3] *cough* Dichen Lachman is awesome so I was quite happy with that xD

Third episode I really liked. Not sure why, I can't at this moment remember what happens in it :duh: but I can remember I liked it :P

I have enjoyed it so far though.. I'm not sure it's at the same level as the earlier seasons, but I don't think it's exactly fair to compare it to them as it is a bit of a reboot in my eyes. I'll definitely keep watching it. I think it's got a really good chance to be amazing, and I just hope that it continues to improve :P

Profile       WWW