Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1915 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2010, 7:22 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

I'm beginning to think I'm abnormal or something lol
I liked all the Seasons and loved the finale and wasn't left with any questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2010, 1:38 pm 
Istari
Istari

I think you're just content and in love with your show, like I feel I should be. :-D

I think I'm just too curious and demanding with LOST. I'm always asking questions during movies to which there are no answers. The same happened with LOST, and while I wish all of them could have been answered, I think the 6th season was just too short to have done that. Like, what was up with Walt??

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2010, 2:11 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

I think that we knew there were going to be many questions to which we got no answers.

And although I haven't seen series 6 yet, I can guess we don't get many to the age old questions.

Personally, I feel that is cheating on the writers part. A lot of what they padded episodes out with and delighted in making people wonder what it was about, was really nothing to do with anything and just thrown in there because they could.

Fair enough, some might say that is the point of Lost. Can't see it myself, as there is more point to Lost than showing people things that have no bearing on anything whatsoever.

Maybe that's why they're releasing the encyclopedia so we may actually get some answers and not feel so short changed.

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2010, 1:25 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

I dunno I just enjoyed the show for the variety of characters. The island while at times frustrating, bewildering, confusing and enfuriating...it was nothing but a backdrop for me. If the island was just a regular old island with the usual dangers, I'd still love the show.

The characters made it for me and how they coped and banded together under the most dire of circumstances. The finale made that all the more apparent. Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse have said similar things about the show.

Though I did hear about the encyclopedia and there's supposedly some stuff on the BluRay's that are getting released soon. It'll be fun to find it out, but if they never answered another question I wouldn't care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 25th, 2010, 7:44 pm 

Lets have some more Lost talk here!

Does anyone know if the whole time travelling thing had a purpose? Or had it to do with the-moving-of-the-island-for-the-evil-people, whom in fact were not so evil in the end, since they wanted to stop Flocke as well..

Any thoughts?

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 6th, 2010, 4:13 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Raivynn Phoenix wrote:
I dunno I just enjoyed the show for the variety of characters. The island while at times frustrating, bewildering, confusing and enfuriating...it was nothing but a backdrop for me. If the island was just a regular old island with the usual dangers, I'd still love the show.

The characters made it for me and how they coped and banded together under the most dire of circumstances. The finale made that all the more apparent. Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse have said similar things about the show.

Though I did hear about the encyclopedia and there's supposedly some stuff on the BluRay's that are getting released soon. It'll be fun to find it out, but if they never answered another question I wouldn't care.

^YES! YES! YES! I love you, Raivynn! lol LOST has ALWAYS been about the characters. And it's so fun to see the characters interact... they're so human. I mean, you never know who's lying and who's not. And sometimes we still don't know! lol and some of them do things for their own personal interest like Ben and screw everything up or set in motion a lot of important events.

I feel like some of you are missing the point. LOST is about theorizing, characters, the journey, and, yes, even the mystery. It's not about the answers laid out flat and easy for you to sit there dumbly taking in. It's about using your mind, figuring it out for yourself. And maybe sometimes there are no answers and things are left mysteries but that's okay because that's more true to real life. In real life we don't know all the answers. Some things we have to take on faith. I dunno, I'm very happy they didn't go through a list answering everything. That would have been tedious and unnecessary. I enjoy searching out the answers for myself and coming up with my own theories and reading other's theories. That's what keeps it always new and exciting to rewatch episodes. And, let's face it, I'd rather be able to theorize about something til the cows come home instead of being stuck with a lame answer I hate. So maybe it was a copout on the writer's part. Perhaps it was. BUT in the end... who cares? It makes the story all the more beautiful if there are always a few things you're left wondering about. And for us die-hard fans, as I said above, it gives us something to continually debate, theorize, and talk about. So whatever. I love the writers for keeping it mysterious, keeping it real, giving us a powerful show, giving us something to always think about and theorize over, and focusing on the characters at the end of the day. It's such a unique and riveting show. We need more shows on tv that actually make you think and figure things out for yourself and not just sit passively. :yes:

Anyway, I am back from the great beyond to say:

I LOVE LOST! lol

seriously, the finale was made of win. When I was watching it I was bawling at the end. Like "ohmygosh, this is too beautiful" bawling. Even when I watched it for a second time I was crying. It was so powerful. And it really really just made me adore LOST all the more. I mean, the memories! GOSH. when Sawyer and Juliet had their memories it was so beautiful and heartbreaking and then when Charlie and Claire had theirs it was lovely. And then... gahhh, it was too much! Darlton never ever let me down! *hugs them*

Actually Widmore was still evil, Will. :yes: he was still in it for his own purposes and means. Perhaps, yes, he wanted to get rid of Smocke but that was only so he could take full control himself and exploit the Island. And, come on, Keamy was a killing machine. They definitely weren't there to help any of the Oceanic people. AND, let's face it, Ben wanted to move the Island for his own selfish means... he wanted to get off to get to Widmore to revenge Alex and kill Penny.

and the time traveling did have a purpose, I think. For one, it helped tell the whole story of Rousseau, Dharma, Jughead, etc in an interesting and cool way and for two (and I know there are several theories on this but this is the one I believe) by going back to Dharmaville and doing the whole jughead thing in the Swan station they opened up the Alternate together (after all, that electromagnetic stuff is powerful/awesome stuff... it transported Ben to Tunisa) which helped them to "find each other" when they died. That bomb going off opened that up.

"This is the place that you...that you all made together, so that you could find one another."

Everything leading up to when jughead went off and then when it went off all of those people did it together. And then that created the Alternate reality so they could find each other before they moved on.

it's been a while since I've talked LOST. It feels good. :D I don't think the theorizing will ever grow old.

btw, on Sl-LOST there's a person who does essays on LOST. A Pearson Moore. I would HIGHLY recommend his writings. Especially if some stuff feels confusing or whatever. He lays everything out so clean and clear. I've, sadly, only gotten around to reading a few of his essays but they are phenomenal!

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 8th, 2010, 12:21 pm 
Istari
Istari

I just don't even know what to feel about LOST right now. I put so much of my heart into that show, and when I wasn't satisfied at all with the ending, it just drained me. I honestly can't think about it anymore. :(

I hope someday soon I'll feel like I can re-watch the show, but as for now, I just need a very, very long break from it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 29th, 2010, 4:09 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Ok, so I finally got to see LOST go me!

Here are some of my thoughts.

Richard
LOVED: Seeing exactly who he is/was and how he came to be never changing. Lost writers get a cookie for actually EXPLAINING something for once without creating too many questions. Bet that hurt them.
SLIGHTLY DISAPPOINTED: That ultimately he's a tortured soul still mourning for his wife some 200 years later. Difficult to imagine him like that after he's been such a leader all this time. Weird seeing him completely unsure what to do as well.

Frank

LOVED: Just seeing him again. Best one liners ever.
VERY DISAPPOINTED: Didn't see enough of him, no on cared he died, no one cared that he was alive (except Miles and Richard but no OMG Frank's alive via walkie talkie conversations). Totally wasted his character.

Jacob/Man In Black
LOVED: Finding out who they were and everything even though I think ultimately there are now more questions than answers (where did the mother come from - how and why did she make them not able to harm one another - why did the MIB become the smoke monster) but it is Lost and they are happy to play with people. Personally, I felt very sorry for the MIB, I don't think he was a bad person he just wanted to leave and live a normal life. He was just as sorry for killing his moher as Jacob was for being the reason for his death, so I think he was pretty much a victim really of the island.
DISAPPOINTED: A lot of things concerning the choosing process for the island make little sense to me (the lighthouse mirrors etc?) and Jacob made a really poor attempt to explain things to the candidates (and if Illana was working for Jacon protecting the candidates why did she think Frank was one?).

Sun/Jin
LOVED: Seeing them together again, and if you have to kill two characters off, that is the way to do it. It was sweet and sad but beautiful at the same time. Did they really have to die though? Hmm, not really but it was probably on of the most emotional scenes in Lost and they were together again.

Jack/Kate
DISAPPOINTED: I was expecting big things from their final moment together, but I have to say I think it was probably one of the lamest scenes in Lost. It was too swirly and sweepy and trying hard to be epic, but it was just... mega meh.

Ben
LOVED: His alternate life. I could so see Ben as a Dr. of history. I loved all those scenes, and the fact he's going to hook up with Danielle. I felt so sorry for him when he was talking to Illana about killing Jacob and Alex (and it got me wondering why Jacob didn't help Alex, as Ben was doing what he wanted all those years) and it was kinda nice to know he was still grieving over her death and just how much she meant to him. Liked the little scene with him and Frank and laughed out loud at how unenthusiastic he was digging his own grave (wonder why?). :P

Sayid[/i]
DISAPPOINTED: His storyline was probably the most pointless of them all. It was clearly a case of they needed another thing for the Losties to have to deal with. If the infection was so bad, how come Claire is OK? And how come Sayid was beginning to get better. But it was nice to see the Temple Others and the Temple Oceanic survivors... even if they did all die.

[u]Miles
LOVED: Miles. One of my favourites, nice that he survived. He, Hurley and Frank are the Kings of One Liners.

The Light Tunnel Thingy
DISAPPOINTED: Lame reason for the whole thing really. I was half expecting when the light "went out" for everyone on the island to be screaming and having their souls sucked out of them along with the rest of the world....guess we're never going to find out why it kills some people and not others.

Ol' Smokey
MEH: Nice to finally understand the whole process of taking people's bodies (I always thought he actually took the body he wanted to use, put that theory ended when Locke was actually walking around and Locke was dead in the box, so therefore when Jack's body was gone it was not because Smoky needed it, he just moved it so when Jack saw Christian he would follow... I was slow figuring that one). But I still don't understand how Ben could use Smokey and why Smokey would do as Ben asked. Lame excuse from Ben as to why (guess the writers really needed to answer that loophole) and who came up with the ash and fence protection, we'll never know.

Widmore
DISAPPOINTED: He's been like one of the main antagonists of this story and before he really gets the chance to do whatever he wants to do, he gets shot by Ben.

Jack/Locke[/i]
50/50: I kinda liked the fight between them, it was a lot more realistic that I expected it to be, but Kate shooting Locke? It seemed a bit... easy. Or if not easy, the wrong person. If Jack was going to be saved by someone, I think the shooting should have been via someone else.

[u]Hurley[b]
LOVED: Aww, Hurley. I'm going to miss this guy. Hurley is for me, the only truly constant character with this show. He's good hearted, warm, genuine, honest and a real people person. He will make an epic leader.
SADNESS: Of all the family members in the Lost world, I think there was much more to Hurley's mother than seemed. It makes me sad to think that she has lost her son again, and that she will never see him again, as she really did love him. But apart from that, Hurley's ending was great.

[b]The Alternate Story
[/i]
Generally it was a clever idea, don't fully understand the how or why, but I don't think it matters. Majorly disappointed that no Frank appeared in the alternate world (Froggart andf Artz for Gods sake and no Frank), as I would have loved to see what he was doing. I understand now that these would not be the only batch to leave (Ana Lucia is not ready yet, Ben maybe waiting to show Danielle and Alex their previous lives... maybe Richard also... Eloise not wanting her son to leave yet... and so on and on), but it was still a shame to see some people and not others. But it's good knowing they all will get there. Really weird though that Sayid and Shannon hooked up, as everything he did before the island, on the island, off the island was for Nadia, with her in mind, and with Nadia. Then he gets to the church and everything is OK, and Shannon is his love. Odd. The only meeting I really liked was Sawyer and Juliet, really sweet. Strange how so many people were happy they died. :P

[u]Desertions/Abandonings
This is a personal niggle I have with many TV shows/films. Basically during the course of the latest island visit were many groups of people, original survivors, new survivors, others. Eventually the Temple people (original survivors and others) were split, some were killed and some chose to go with Locke. A great proportion of the Losties knew this. Recent survivors were later killed, and only some of the Losties knew this. Yet when the plane was taking off, no on seemed to care about any of the Locke group that were still alive somewhere, we presume anyway. And some people wouldn't know about the execution of Frank's passengers. Then, Richard, Frank and Miles all sane men, knowing that there were people still alive, were quite happy to fly off, even though they could have used the walkie talkie to find exactly how long any surivors would take to reach the plane and then they would make the difficult decision to leave. At least make it look like a tough choice guys. The thing that probably bugged me the most was Hurley. No one said goodbye to him, the way they should. They knew pretty much that they would never see him again and there was nothing at all. Lost has managed to make characters seem pretty aloof towards one another (Sun and Jin should be honoured people cried for them) but this series really took first prize for "look out for number one and forget friends and people I time travelled with and got chased by polar bears and weird people with".

So while I liked the finale, and the season, there were some major character problems with it I feel. But on the other hand it could have been a lot worse. I do definitely believe though there are a lot of "OMG, we need to do something with this", because they've realised it no longer makes sense or they have an opportunity to use a previous scene (does anyone here really believe they always intended Adam and Eve to be the mother and MIB from series one? When Ben Linus was meant to be a few epsiodes only? I don't think so anyway).

But anyway, more Frank and more consideration for others on the island, would have made me to feel better about it anyway.

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 5th, 2010, 9:59 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

I was so into LOST that I watched it all in 2 and a half months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2010, 1:36 am 

I finally finished LOST today and just wanted to share my theory on it all. But first, ClairexCharlie, JinxSun, JulietxSawyer, Richard Alpert's backstory, Ben's angstyness, and the utter beauty of the last episode in general all earn a huge squee from me.

Second, here is my personal interpretation of the different universes/storylines, the island, etc. This is all my own speculation and musings and should not be regarded as truth or canon in any way.

Oceanic 815 crashed on the Island, and everything that occured on the Island and off the Island as well as everyone who is on the Island is real life. The alternate universe in season 6 was created in the minds/realities of the survivors as a sort of in-between [between life and death] that they are a part of following their death in the real time. In this "purgatory" they have created the perfect lives for themselves that they could not have in the real time.

One theme of the series is fate/destiny. Everything that happens in the real time does so because it's supposed to happen. Therefore, because of these connections, the survivors are supposed to meet each other in the alternate universe also so that they can remind each other of the experiences and relationships they had in life.

The survivors in the real time all die at different times. At the end, Jack dies, but Kate, Claire, etc. escape the Island. They too will eventually die, as we all do, and then they will be united with the other survivors in the alternate universe, so that all the survivors can "move on" together as they are supposed to do.

Time, obviously, is not parallel between these two realities, nor are they exactly linear [with the alternate universe coming directly after the real one]. They actually overlap quite a bit, but in death time does not work as conventional time in real life does. One day in real life could be mere seconds in the alternate universe. [One clue that points to the order of things is when, before the church scene, Hurley tells Ben "You were a good number two" and Ben replies "You were a good number one". This suggests to me that in the real time this is after Hurley has established Walt as the keeper of the Island.]

In the end, they all die together because they were supposed to, because it was fate. [Makes "live together, die alone" a little ironic, doesn't it?]

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 26th, 2010, 9:52 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

That is a very good interpretation and summery of the basic idea of LOST. The one thing that I did not like was that it got so dang complecated in about the third season.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1915 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120