Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Book Obsession!
PostPosted: March 17th, 2007, 7:37 pm 

I just thinking today if its weird to literally be obsessed with a book! :p I mean, obsessed likee..if someone was freakly obsessed with a movie or something, i.e. Narnia, LOTR. Because lately I've been really "addicted" to The Last Battle (Narnia book whoo) and I was wondering if anyone else has been addicted to a book or anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 18th, 2007, 12:31 am 
Istari
Istari

Try more than one book, and you'll perfectly describe me. :) Actually I might just be obsessed with books in general, I need to have one with me and if I don't have one I kind of spazz out.

Pippin of Herenya's Line - "...give nothing back!"
Got fed up and eloped with Ragetti 1-3-08 :P
PHYLLIS, THE ANTI-SUSPIAN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 18th, 2007, 1:35 am 
Elf
Elf

^I'm exactly like that! My friends laugh at me because I constantly have a book in my hand. Right now, I have four books in my purse lol. My big book obsessions though are the Wheel of Time series and the Sword of Truth series. They are both great, and I have read some books in both the series multiple times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 18th, 2007, 1:39 pm 
Vala
Vala

....obsessed with a book....nah. I would never do that. :whistle:

Yeah, I'm obsessed with lots of books. LotR, The Silmarillion, Star Wars: Outbound Flight, and all WoT (Wheel of Time) books, for starters. And lots more, but not quite so much. I love books. :D

My friends are beyond laughing at me for reading so much, by now--they accept it as a fact that I read constantly. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 18th, 2007, 2:48 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I'm completely obsessed with the Silmarillion and LotR. I just love the books soooo much. Even thought I watched the LotR movies before I read the books I still kinda feel like the roots of my obsession are the books and not the movies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 18th, 2007, 3:21 pm 
Maia
Maia

Obsessed with a book? Yup, that's me! :P Almost any good book I read I become obssessed with, because that's just who I am. I get obssessed very easily, as many of you know...:whistle:

Some of most prominant obsessions, though, were/are: LotR, Harry Potter, and the Twilight series :D

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 18th, 2007, 7:07 pm 
Istari
Istari

Fíriel_18190 wrote:
I'm completely obsessed with the Silmarillion and LotR. I just love the books soooo much. Even thought I watched the LotR movies before I read the books I still kinda feel like the roots of my obsession are the books and not the movies.

Oh I agree! Though for me the books and movies kind of share equal camp in my obsession.
As for my book obsessions...well, it depends on what I'm reading, but one series I really go crazy over is Warriors by Erin Hunter. (And I don't care if they're supposedly below my reading level, I'm not giving them up!) I reallyreallyreally go berzerk over A Series of Unfortunate Events too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 18th, 2007, 8:27 pm 
Maia
Maia

Location: I'm everywhere at once. I am currently lost in the land of quotes.

Well...to put it mildly...I am very obsessed with a quite a few books. :yes: :teehee: Yup, that's me.

"I am he [she =P] that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 19th, 2007, 11:29 am 
Elf
Elf

Ánië Súrion wrote:
Fíriel_18190 wrote:
but one series I really go crazy over is Warriors by Erin Hunter. (And I don't care if they're supposedly below my reading level, I'm not giving them up!)

lol, I still read those books, and enjoy them. Although after reading LotR, I've lost interest in a lot of more inferior books, such as Redwall, Warriors, and the like. But I really love CS Lewis' Space Trilogy, along w/ the Sil, LotR, random Star Wars books, and the City of Ember.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 19th, 2007, 3:02 pm 
Istari
Istari

elvishjedipirate wrote:
Ánië Súrion wrote:
Fíriel_18190 wrote:
but one series I really go crazy over is Warriors by Erin Hunter. (And I don't care if they're supposedly below my reading level, I'm not giving them up!)

lol, I still read those books, and enjoy them. Although after reading LotR, I've lost interest in a lot of more inferior books, such as Redwall, Warriors, and the like. But I really love CS Lewis' Space Trilogy, along w/ the Sil, LotR, random Star Wars books, and the City of Ember.

Yeah, I see your point, but...inferior? Sorry, I think not. :P (no offense)
Ooh, The City of Ember, I liked that one and its sequel. There's a third one out too, did you know? something about a prophet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 19th, 2007, 5:20 pm 

Pff, Redwall, inferior? Never.

I don't really like using the term obsessed. I used to bandy it about lightly, but then I was accused of being obsessed by someone I had a lot of respect for. It really hurt me at the time, and now I take care not to call myself obsessed when I'm really not. I am passionate, not obsessed.

But around you lot I can say yes, I love many books passionately! LotR, Harry Potter, the Tremaris Trilogy, The Chronicles of Narnia, the Inheritance Trilogy, and yes, Redwall. Redwall has a very special place in my heart. The books are just too enjoyable to forget. :)

Kudos to Kitoky for the fabulous signature set, and art credit to engelszorn.
Who wants to join me in bringing back the lady?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 19th, 2007, 9:22 pm 

Pretty much stick a fantasy book on me, and I'll get obsessed. I'm fanatical about pretty much every book in my room (I have 3 bookshelves, and they aren't small -and that's just MY room). I love WoT and the Middle Earth histories the most, probably. But then I have Clancy, Cussler, random fantasy books, classics (yes, I loves classic books!) "children's" books that I still read from time to time because I like them, as well as miscellaneous books in no particular genre.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 20th, 2007, 3:32 am 
Vala
Vala

I know a bunch of people who are 'passionate' about Redwall, but that series has never held any interest for me. I read two, was kind of like "Eh," and after the third one my suspicions were proven--they all have almost the same plot layout. The statement "If you've read one, you've read them all" is the closest to being true about those books of any I've ever read. However, I didn't come here to bash Redwall, so...

Nurr, I know Clancy's books, but Cussler doesn't sound very familiar to me. What's his/her first name? I could just be forgetting them right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 20th, 2007, 7:01 am 

Yeah, you don't go to Redwall for a new and exciting read...but I love the plot and the characters so much that I don't mind them being repeated! BJ describes his books as not fantasy but "a good yarn," and I think there's no better way to describe them.

But yeah, this isn't a Redwall thread, so carry on.

Kudos to Kitoky for the fabulous signature set, and art credit to engelszorn.
Who wants to join me in bringing back the lady?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 20th, 2007, 3:25 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I am one of those people who has to have a book with them at all times, I just medically need them! lol

I do get hooked on pretty much any book, my obcessives would have to be: terry pratchett, louise rennison, jacqueline wilson and harry potter.
but if i do start to read a book i have to finish it, a book has to be very bad for me to not finish it (unless i have no choice but to read it, e.g the great gatsby).
Narnia was one series of books i never got into really, i read them all but all the religious symbolism really bugged me (the Last Battle is the worst for that!) currently i'm reading harry potter (i'm rereading them in preparation for the final book!) and Paradise Lost (well i'm studying book 1 of this for english lit, and Look Back In Anger.) I'm quite fond of classics i adored Jane Eyre and Pride & Prejudice, and Shakespeare (which kind of freaks my friends out!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 20th, 2007, 8:45 pm 

Aerandir wrote:
Nurr, I know Clancy's books, but Cussler doesn't sound very familiar to me. What's his/her first name? I could just be forgetting them right now.

Clive Cussler. He's in the same genre as Clancy, all that realistic but fiction stuff. I like his books a bit better than Clancy, especially the later ones. Atlantis Found is one that sticks out in the mind at the moment.

Profile       WWW