Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 24th, 2024, 7:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 72  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2005, 11:56 am 
Istari
Istari

Alatariel wrote:
:jawdrop: OH MY GOSH!!! HOW DOES DUMBLEDORE DIE!?

Snape kills him at the end of the book. Harry and Dumbledore go off to get a Horcrux (or something like that), and in the process it makes Dumbledore really weak. When Harry and Dumbledore arrive back at Hogwarts, there's a Dark Mark above the school, and Malfoy informs Dumbledore that Death eaters are currently in there. Malfoy was meant to kill Dumbledore but he couldn't quite do it, by which time the Death Eaters came out, along with Snape, and Snape killed him, there and then. Dumbledore couldn't fight back because a) Dumbledore had his wand taken off him by Malfoy and b) He was extremely weak. Extreme cowardice, if you ask me, but anyway... I couldn't believe it that JK killed him off! I thought it'd be Remus, but he was hardly mentioned at all!

I have to admit that the book was different than the other ones... I don't know, it just seems so much more darker then the previous five, and I suppose because it's new, it must take some getting used to.

Quote:
Also I found the romance in the book too much.. don't you think? It was enough Harry kissed Cho in OOTP but now everyone's kissing everyone else!

Just Ginny, actually! But I can see what you mean - the images of Ron and Lavender kissing were enough to put me off for life. Urrrgh, a little graphic, particularly when Ginny said something like "What about you and Lavender, thrashing around like a pair of eels around the place?" to Ron. That was too graphic... :stun:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2005, 12:45 pm 
Mageling
Mageling

Tonks and Lupin really just don't go well together

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2005, 5:05 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

i still think thats snapes good and dd told him to kill him so that voldi wouldnt suspect him because he thought having an inside spy is more useful than having dd
dd couldnt have een pleading for his life he never would he had ro be telling snape to kill him
who else thought the ron and hermione interactions were hillarious i just love them two they are the best two charactors how come just after eowyn

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2005, 9:02 pm 
Elf
Elf

im so bummed that harry may not be going back to hogwarts next year..... :confused: but then it sounds like neither will ron or hermione if they are going with him to find the rest of the horcruxes. and i REALLY REALLY REALLY hope that harry comes to his senses and gets back together with ginny.

[/font]

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2005, 9:46 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Did anyone feel like Rowling just sort of 'sprung' the whole Harry/Ginny romance on us. The last five books had nothing from his end and suddenly he's got some kind of growly monster in his tummy because he sees her kissing Dean Thomas. Huh? Didn't he see her with Michael Corner in the last book? Doesn't make much sense to me. I always though Harry and Luna would have made a great couple though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2005, 11:24 pm 
Elf
Elf

i agree......it seemed like it happened all of a sudden. i mean, i know that ginny has always liked harry, but it seemed like in this book, he just decided to like ginny. i love them together as a couple though! and i love lupin and tonks!

[/font]

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2005, 1:25 am 
Maia
Maia

AHHHHHHHH!!! Dumbledore dead, Snape bad, Harry/Ginny Split up? oh no oh no oh no!! i was screaming through the whole thing! oh yeah, i had a laughing fit when Lupin and Tonks got together(really ask Linwe Culnamo). but now i am depreseed that they arent going back to Hogwarts (maybe)...
now i want the 7th book...

Hello, I'm Amoniel
[/font]
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2005, 6:45 am 
Elf
Elf

Location: Go ahead and guess.. Here's a clue: I'm somewhere on earth

Quote:
Quote:
Also I found the romance in the book too much.. don't you think? It was enough Harry kissed Cho in OOTP but now everyone's kissing everyone else!

Just Ginny, actually! But I can see what you mean - the images of Ron and Lavender kissing were enough to put me off for life. Urrrgh, a little graphic, particularly when Ginny said something like "What about you and Lavender, thrashing around like a pair of eels around the place?" to Ron. That was too graphic... :stun:

I didn't mean Harry only.. I mean there was Ron/Lavender , Harry/Ginny , Dean/Ginny.. lots of couples! I know they're teenagers and all but I found the romance and stuff too much! Much moe than the previous books and it's kinda annoying!

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2005, 10:39 am 

Elbereth~Gilthoniel wrote:
I always though Harry and Luna would have made a great couple though...

Yeah. After OOTP I would have figured Harry and Luna would have hooked up . . . oh, I don't know. After this one, I guess anything's possible!

Sig: Teh Nurr

I've met Eru & Eä & Ellie & teh Arweb & Naur & Elenya & POTR!

POLKA WILL NEVER DIE!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2005, 12:02 pm 
Istari
Istari

I still can't believe she killed of Dumbledore!!!! I think she's got a think for killing now... Cedric, then Siruis now Dumbledore.... stupid potion.. I mean why did he have to now let Harry do anything...

And Snape... well I never have trusted Snape.. something about him... he just didn't seem like he would change and then the second chapter made me almost positive he wasn't on the good side anymore.... bad bad Snape

Hey you know the fake Horcux, it had the note and then the initails R.A.B. Well does anyone think it might have been Siruis's brother? I mean his first name is Regulus and I don't know the middle name but there was an uncle named Alphard so maybe named after him... and then the surname of Black... I mean its two out of the three.. and I can't think of anyone else with those initials...

<center>Proud Member many Clubs (specially the Nazgul Club) Nazgul #3
Image</center>

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2005, 12:26 pm 

Tanthoronial wrote:
I still can't believe she killed of Dumbledore!!!! I think she's got a think for killing now... Cedric, then Siruis now Dumbledore....
Hey you know the fake Horcux, it had the note and then the initails R.A.B. Well does anyone think it might have been Siruis's brother? I mean his first name is Regulus and I don't know the middle name but there was an uncle named Alphard so maybe named after him... and then the surname of Black... I mean its two out of the three.. and I can't think of anyone else with those initials...

Well, I remember reading somewhere (I think it was Newsweek) that when Sirius died her daughter told her not to do it, but she said something about doing it because death happens to everyone . . . yada yada yada. Something along those lines. Nothing to do with wanting to kill them off . . . but that it happens. I'll try and find it if I can . . . *runs away to Newsweek website*

About the initials R.A.B. being Sirius' brother; I'd never thought of that. Well, actually I considered it being a Black (only last name I could think of starting with a B). That's actually a good idea. *thinks* Hmm. It's possible since we don't really know anything about the Blacks. There'll be a lot to be told in the last one, that's for sure.

Sig: Teh Nurr

I've met Eru & Eä & Ellie & teh Arweb & Naur & Elenya & POTR!

POLKA WILL NEVER DIE!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2005, 12:56 pm 

Yeah^ I thought it could have been a Black person!
Hehe, I was so happy when Lupin and Tonks hooked up, and Ginny and Harry (for awhile) :-D Yay...
Ack! Snape! I never liked him...*mutters*

[Will accept any PM! So PM me! :teehee:]

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2005, 2:27 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAD THAT DUMBELDORE DIES!!!!!! :annoyed: :disgust: :grr: :-o HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN....................ARG IM SOOOOO MAD.....IM NEVER GOING TO GET OVER THIS!!!! ANYWAY ITS TOO BAD ABOUT BILL.....AND IM SHOCKED THAT SNAPE IS THE HBP.... AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....!!!!!!!!!!!!!IM SO MAD :'(

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2005, 3:34 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Agent Johnson wrote:
Harry Pothead is retarded. I can't believe so many viruses would buy a book written by an extreme virus.

go find a MAtrix forum or something will ya? This is for HP & HBP!! And RAB might not be a black could be a new character.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2005, 3:46 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Tanthoronial wrote:

:yes: on another forum I post on has come to the same conclusion. I wonder if it is him, because he said he'd be dead by the time the note was found and he is dead...

Dumbledore died it was so sad :( :erm: I hate snape atm and I feel sorry for malfoy, maybe theres hope for him because it shows that he can love...and he hesitated in killing Dumbledore...

I found the romance funny :lol: and Fred and George's u-no-poo :laugh: I really wanna visit their shop :-D

This is one of my fave books....

I hope Harry and Ginny get back together <<< their romance didn't surprise me :-D I always thought it would happen. Lupin and Tonks one did though.

Can't wait till the 7th book :D

:jump:

Sig set by Smeagollum =)</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2005, 10:28 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

i did NOT expect Dumbledore to die. first sirius, then dumbledore. i mean is JK rowling taking a poll of favorite adult charcters in HP and then killing them off. i liked how harry finally goes out starts to hunt down voldemort and horacuxes. tonks and lupin, surprised me

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 72  Next