Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 6:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Death Cab for Cutie
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 7:45 pm 
Elf
Elf

Does anyone like Death Cab? I'm not a major fan (yet) but I love their song Summer Skin. *listens to it now*

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 11:07 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Oh, yes! I am a major fan of them!!! I love Marching Bands of Manhatten, Soul Meets Body, Your Heart Is An Empty Room, the Sound of Setting, and Photobooth.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 24th, 2006, 8:26 am 

I have some songs... well, actually I think it's the whole Death Cab For Cutie album... got 'em from a friend, so I don't know much about the band. Where are they from, are they new, how many albums did they make?
One thing I noticed is that they made a cover of Björk's All is Full of Love... quite interesting!
Well, it actually reminds me I should put them on my mp3 player! :angel:

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 25th, 2006, 11:15 pm 
Elf
Elf

Any reccomendations for which album to buy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 26th, 2006, 1:12 am 

I am a fan, to say the least. (I think I started a DCFC thread awhile ago, but it's lost....oh well :P )

"Transalanticism", I LOVE it, it's wonderful, I love all the songs on that cd. Especially, "Sound of Settling", "Expo 86'" , "Title and Registration" and "Transalanticism"....oh and "Passenger's Seat"...It's a wonderful cd.

However, "Plans" is excellent as well, it's definitely more known than there other cds...but I absolutely love that cd as well, "Soul Meets Body", "Your Heart is an Empty Room", "Marching Bands of Manhattan" and "Brothers on a Hotel Bed" I love the lyrics. Beautiful.

"We have the facts and we're voting Yes", In my opinion it's not as good as Transalanticism, but it's still wonderful. I love the song "For What Reason", I can actually relate it to my life quite a bit...:p Well, most DCFC songs I can :p

I actually haven't heard much of "The Photo Album" but what I have heard, I like it.

If you really like the cd "Plans" I highly suggest buying "Transalanticism" It's wonderful and they use a similiar style.

I'm really disappointed that their closest show to Montana is in Seattle Washington. I would absolutely go to that particuliar concert, if it wasn't during Finals week :( Anyways, I think I might go see The Decemberists during that time instead because their going to be playing right down the street :teehee:

[Will accept any PM! So PM me! :teehee:]

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2006, 4:17 pm 
Istari
Istari

Oh, I like Death Cab!! No, I'm not a major fan or anything- but I really like their stuff and I have quite a few songs. :) My favorite would have to be I Will Follow You Into the Dark.