Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 24th, 2024, 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127 ... 163  Next
 Post subject: Re: Family Tree RP Thread
PostPosted: April 13th, 2014, 4:51 pm 

^ YES! When people first talked about it (as in before I'd seen it) I really couldn't be bothered. But that song kept popping up everywhere on the internet, and everyone was so happy and enthusiastic and in love with the entire movie that I went to see it in the theatre.

The movie is good, it finally deals with some ancient Disney cliches ("You can't marry a guy you've just met!") and the song "Let it Go" is perfect. And Elsa has immediately gotten herself a place among my favorite Disney princesses: she's one of the few NOT ending up with a man, she learns from her mistakes and she shows that it's okay to show your emotions, even if others disapprove :)

PostPosted: April 14th, 2014, 10:28 pm 
Istari
Istari

Go in for my new job's orientation tomorrow! Here's hoping all goes well and its not overwhelming, since I will be officially starting (very likely on my own) this sunday. I can come in and shadow some of the other workers this week to prepare for this weekend, so thats good at least!

PostPosted: April 16th, 2014, 10:20 am 
Vala
Vala

Lhunardaien wrote:
^ YES! When people first talked about it (as in before I'd seen it) I really couldn't be bothered. But that song kept popping up everywhere on the internet, and everyone was so happy and enthusiastic and in love with the entire movie that I went to see it in the theatre.

The movie is good, it finally deals with some ancient Disney cliches ("You can't marry a guy you've just met!") and the song "Let it Go" is perfect. And Elsa has immediately gotten herself a place among my favorite Disney princesses: she's one of the few NOT ending up with a man, she learns from her mistakes and she shows that it's okay to show your emotions, even if others disapprove :)

Yeah, totally agreed in so many ways. I do like though, how at the end Anna who always dreamed of romance still got it, just in a more reasonable and calm way and with someone who clearly was 100% willing to love her for who she was. But it was a nice touch that the real love required was between the two sisters. I like Elsa not ending up with a man too, but I like that because to her that was never important. She just wanted to be allowed to be who she was and she didn't want to be afraid to hurt anyone anymore.

Rest in peace Carrie Fisher, the legend we didn't deserve.

PostPosted: April 17th, 2014, 7:33 am 
Istari
Istari

Ohmygosh, Bella! I love that banner!

I saw frozen, half against my will because I don't like to do what everyone else is doing. I'm weird like that :-P
That movie is sooooo good though! And Anna and Kristoff are such a cute couple! ;)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 17th, 2014, 11:34 pm 
Istari
Istari

I still haven't seen it.

Yay! A new book arrived for me today! Now the task of finding a place for it on my shelves.....

PostPosted: April 18th, 2014, 4:18 pm 
Ent
Ent

Hey everyone. I'm back on A-U for a little while.

I came online to get some pics of a Thranduil, to make some graphics of him, but Screencapped.net has gone offline, so that sucks. If anyone has any pics of him, could you share them with me? (If you have a few pics of the same scene, that would be good too. You know what my style is like--trying to capture the feel of a scene within a single banner.)

I've found myself interested in him as a character. When I watch AUJ and DoS, I tend to fixate on a character, and watch everything they do. Like their manner of speaking or movements. I find it helps me with my own character creation/development, by observing characters in movies I like. Thranduil intrigues me, because he is drastically different from the other elves, and is aware of his own faults. A refreshing break from the likes of Elrond and Galadriel.

So this is probably the start of him becoming a favourite character of mine.

♥ Married to Thranduil, 22 April 2014 ♥

Lónannûniel, Queen of the Woodland Realm ♦

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 18th, 2014, 10:37 pm 
Istari
Istari

....I really gotta see DoS......hate waiting for the extended edition! But if I'm going to get it, I'm going to get it with all the extras.

Looking forward to Sunday now that I have more confidence with what I'm doing at my new job, after working for a few hours again today and doing it pretty much on my own! Also looking forward to Monday, yes thats right, a Monday! because I have nothing on my schedule for that day and I can finally just relax, and not leave the house!! Well, I do have to remember to make a dental appointment because of my slight tooth ache I have going on, try to figure out if its got something to do with my sensitivity problem or if it has something to do with the fillings in one of my teeth, since the ache is right there in the same area s that tooth. Luckily its not a severe pain yet, just enough to be noticed.

PostPosted: April 19th, 2014, 2:26 pm 
Ent
Ent

I'm waiting for the extended as well, but there is no way I would be able to wait that long for it. I just the get the regulars to watch until then.

I'm totally brain frazzled at the moment. Spent hours making a banner, but I can't upload it because my internet pass is due to expire, and I'm on a stupid limit. No uploading at all. Little motivation to do anything else, due to tiredness.

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 20th, 2014, 8:31 am 
Vala
Vala

I went to the US air base this weekend, that was totally awesome. Got to go inside actual massive army planes. Woo!

PostPosted: April 20th, 2014, 11:09 pm 
Istari
Istari

Those planes are pretty awesome! Huge, and lots of buttons up in that cockpit area!

Its my anniversary today! Woo! Gotta say life with Captain Hook is never dull! ;-) *hugs my pirate hubby*

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2014, 4:28 pm 
Ent
Ent

Congrats, Tink!

I always forget mine. A few months after my two year anniversary, I got divorced. XP Then remarried days later.

I'm so annoyed at the moment. I wanted to make a banner of Smaug, but Screencapped.net hasn't gotten that far in the gallery yet. I wanted a picture of him, standing proud. Raised to his full height, wings stretched out wide. And, for the Thorin banner I was also going to make, I wanted to use a picture of him, when he is leaving Laketown, in the armor and the cape.

I was going to theme them, with the style I had chosen for the Thranduil banner, to make the three fo them like a matching set.

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2014, 6:37 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

It's never a dull moment with Thorin either, but I wouldn't trade him in for anyone (sorry, Legolin). Sure, I might have other favorites, but I don't like them as much as Thorin (not even close) so they're not even an option. ;-)

I'm even thinking about writing a fan fic on how Marida first met Thorin (Legolin already knows about this, but the rest of you don't). I was originally thinking of starting either a role play or fan fic on this site, but I didn't think there would be enough interest in it, so at first I thought of posting it on FanFiction, but have now decided to post it on deviantart instead. They have a Thorin fan club that I couldn't resist joining (I'll try to get the one on this site up and running again soon, I'm just looking for some more pictures), and they accept any type of fanfiction story relating to Thorin. Here's the link to my profile on deviantart in case anyone's curious:

http://www.queen-of-erebor.deviantart.com

Once I get a computer that's compatible with those kind of programs, I'll submit my own artwork as well (though someone will have to teach me how to do it, first) since I'm kind of curious as to what Marida actually looks like. Perhaps I"ll even start my own request thread on this site, due to the fact that it would be nice to make my own avvies and banners for a change, instead of always having to rely on other people to do it for me (not that I'm complaining, but it would be much easier).

I hope you don't mind, Erin, but I copied something out of your signature, since I really like my TORN, Disqus and deviantart username. :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2014, 6:57 pm 
Istari
Istari

Are you SURE? I mean...seriously! I was this (-) close to picking Thorin!!! #stillmadatself :p

I can't wait for your fic, Marida :) I'm always interested in Thorin ;)

Queen of Erebor? Bah :teehee:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2014, 7:01 pm 
Ent
Ent

@Marida: of course I don't mind. LOL. I only put it in mine, for a jokey ego trip. At least I'm a queen somewhere. XP Even if that place is in my own head.

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2014, 12:21 am 
Istari
Istari

Hey, I'm a pirate Queen (in Hook's eyes, anyway) :teehee: Besides, its not too far off base is it ladies? :lol:

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2014, 12:28 am 
Vala
Vala

I'm a fellow zombie killer, which is pretty awesome too. Me and my hubby just like to relax together after slaying some walking dead <- note the fine pun indeed.

Also, from today on my life will be a bit better since I'm *finally* back on medication. And before anyone is all "oh noes", it's just medication to help stabilize my diagnose and it's nothing major. But that combined with the sleeping pills I got will mean one happy, happy Bella. And now I'm making it sound like they gave me morphine or something, which THEY DID NOT. XD

It's just that it takes very little for my spirits to raise.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127 ... 163  Next