Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136 ... 163  Next
 Post subject: Re: Family Tree RP Thread
PostPosted: July 18th, 2014, 1:13 pm 
Ent
Ent

Yeah, I'll post it when I can get at the site. I think the server is down or something. I might have linked to it in my profile, I'm not sure.

I'm going to post up a fantasy story I've been writing for two days soon. It's about a farmer elf, who's young son comes down with a mysterious illness. He has to go on a journey to fetch some medicine. It's about his plight, and him making friends along the way. Proving that you don't have to be strong or wise, or even have to use a sword, to be a brave hero.

♥ Married to Thranduil, 22 April 2014 ♥

Lónannûniel, Queen of the Woodland Realm ♦

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 18th, 2014, 4:46 pm 
Vala
Vala

I write loads of fanfiction and my longest is about 600 pages. It's a Saw fanfiction but it doesn't follow much of the movies at all. I also have a finished Walking Dead fanfiction which is going to be turned to an original story once I've got the time for it. And then there are oneshots and drabbles of course, which I probably have over a 100 of. Both fanfiction and original fiction.

Rest in peace Carrie Fisher, the legend we didn't deserve.

PostPosted: July 18th, 2014, 8:36 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Hi! I'm back from camp. I had an awesome week! :)

~Married to Faramir of Gondor since 7/5/2014~

~*~Túranel Narussë Talintë, Daughter of Fëanaro~*~

PostPosted: July 19th, 2014, 5:16 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Erin Vanya wrote:
Yeah, I'll post it when I can get at the site. I think the server is down or something. I might have linked to it in my profile, I'm not sure.

I'm going to post up a fantasy story I've been writing for two days soon. It's about a farmer elf, who's young son comes down with a mysterious illness. He has to go on a journey to fetch some medicine. It's about his plight, and him making friends along the way. Proving that you don't have to be strong or wise, or even have to use a sword, to be a brave hero.

That sounds really cool, I might give it a read :)
I went on your profile and reviewed one of your fics, I think it was the poem.

(Formally Gollumgirl)

PostPosted: July 19th, 2014, 10:12 am 
Ent
Ent

Welcome back Turien!

Yeah, that was the poem. And I saw it, thank you.

There are very little in common with Tolkien's type of elves. Except for two things; 1, the more or less immortality thing. 2, the fact that they are as tall as humans, pale and have pointy ears.
I was not going to write them like the christmas elves type, they terrify me. Serious nightmare inducing terrify.
There might be one other creature in there, that does appear in LotR, but mine are entirely different.

I am going to put it up. It's just I'm not happy with how smooth and swift it ended. I might play around with it a little more. It was so hard deviding it up into parts ready for FictionPress, so it isn't just one massive long chapter. (There are no chapters in it in the original file, except for the epilogue.

♥ Married to Thranduil, 22 April 2014 ♥

Lónannûniel, Queen of the Woodland Realm ♦

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 19th, 2014, 11:51 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Cool! I'd like to read that.

~Married to Faramir of Gondor since 7/5/2014~

~*~Túranel Narussë Talintë, Daughter of Fëanaro~*~

PostPosted: July 20th, 2014, 12:38 am 
Istari
Istari

Have I mentioned how happy I am that my hunting shows are back on? Well, I'm glad my hunting shows have started back up again. Anyway, work sucks when the weather is wonderful. I've learned this. Stuck inside all day when its perfect weather to have a picnic in a park, or be out on a boat fishing, or just be lazy on a porch. :-( Going to clean Gandalf's tank before I go to work tomorrow, water is getting too cloudy for my liking. "Full tank clean once a month" my butt, my OCD wont be able to handle that! :lol:

PostPosted: July 20th, 2014, 2:10 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Morwen's fish tank is getting murky too soon as well I'm a bit concerned :-( I changed 1/3 of her tank yesterday, but it is still murky.

(Formally Gollumgirl)

PostPosted: July 20th, 2014, 11:27 pm 
Istari
Istari

I did the same thing earlier last week. The book suggests changing out 10% of the water every week (I'm like how the heck can you tell if its 10%?!? :lol: ) and then 25% every month. But I actually went ahead and scrubbed the walls and drained most of the water from the tank (left about 1/3 of the water in it), cleaned the ornaments in it, and even scooped out most of the rocks and rinsed those off and added clean water. Looks much better! I even changed the plant that was in it, put in a new one for him to check out and hide in. Gandalf seems quite content now! :) I was wondering if the murkiness had anything to do with the filter, which is one of those ones thats under the gravel, I thought maybe it was really dirty under the vent thing and the pump just kept spewing all that back into the water. Guess we'll just have to see if the water stays clean for a while or not. If it gets really murky again soon I may take everything out and check underneath of that vent thingy.

(and Túrien, you are officially added to the Tree list at the start of the thread! sorry its taken me so long, but i've not been spending much time online, been sort of "hit and run" visits for me lately)

PostPosted: July 21st, 2014, 1:34 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

OK, I'll try what you said, thanks.

(Formally Gollumgirl)

PostPosted: July 21st, 2014, 5:24 pm 
Vala
Vala

Guys, I'm going to England tomorrow to see my girlfriend! I'm so excited I can barely think straight. I'll see her in like 28 hours!!!!!

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2014, 12:04 am 
Istari
Istari

Gollumgirl wrote:
OK, I'll try what you said, thanks.

And I think they even make something, like drops or something, that you can put in the water to help it if its too murky. I just thought I'd try a full clean before I go buying something else for him.

And wow, that's exciting! Have a safe trip Bella! :)

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2014, 12:11 am 
Vala
Vala

I'm sort of bouncing around the walls right now, just going absolutely bonkers. I can't sit still. 20 minutes until I pack my laptop and then it's just waiting for the taxi to take me to the station to begin my ridiculously long trip. But it'll be worth it when I get there, I just cannot wait, seriously.

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2014, 1:20 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Bellatrix wrote:
Guys, I'm going to England tomorrow to see my girlfriend! I'm so excited I can barely think straight. I'll see her in like 28 hours!!!!!

Cool! I live in England, I hope you enjoy it here. Do you know where you are going? (I don't mean exactly, like North, south west etc.)

I have seen those drop, Tinkerbell but in I've bought a few that don't work, unfortunately :(

(Formally Gollumgirl)

PostPosted: July 24th, 2014, 12:04 am 
Istari
Istari

So my Sherlock Holmes book is starting to get worse, not only is the binding broken where the whole book part is separating from the cover, but now pages are going to start falling out....I guess I spend too much time with my literary boyfriend. *sigh* I know I should replace the book, but at the same time I'm finding it hard to do so since I've had that book since grade school...Is that strange? :lol:

On another note, currently having some irritating friend issues, all due to her new boyfriend and the fact I think she's getting swept away too fast and isn't thinking rationally (oh sure, go ahead and start talking about kids even though you've only been dating a month, because your bright argument is "i'm going to be 27 and I dont want to get too old to have kids!"...really??) But of course, you can't actually say anything about it otherwise you're a bad person who either doesn't get it, is meddlesome, or is jealous. So as much as I want to slap her in the head and ask her what the bloody heck she's thinking, I feel I cant. so instead I just sit and either do the "smile and nod" thing, or just sit in uninterested silence. I feel that neither option is good, but what can one do?

PostPosted: July 24th, 2014, 8:36 am 
Vala
Vala

I'm in Bournemouth, Gollumgirl. So I get to swim in the ocean and it's so nice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136 ... 163  Next