Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137 ... 163  Next
 Post subject: Re: Family Tree RP Thread
PostPosted: July 25th, 2014, 3:11 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

:hug: I hope you enjoy it here

(Formally Gollumgirl)

PostPosted: July 26th, 2014, 9:24 am 
Ent
Ent

Hey everyone. I'm back. (Not that anyone notices. No one I know ever notices when I take a couple of days off from the internet.)

My internet pass ran out, and I couldn't be bothered to buy another until today.

♥ Married to Thranduil, 22 April 2014 ♥

Lónannûniel, Queen of the Woodland Realm ♦

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 26th, 2014, 12:11 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I noticed you left, and I'm glad your back :hug:

(Formally Gollumgirl)

PostPosted: July 26th, 2014, 11:43 pm 
Istari
Istari

I noticed as well, Erin! Welcome back :)

So I'm contemplating what to do with my day off tomorrow...I feel like doing something...but I have no one to do something with...so it'll have to be an alone kind of activity. woohoo....*sarcasm*

PostPosted: July 27th, 2014, 5:39 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

How about you have a cosy night in with your friends, watch a movie, or play tennis at a local park with them.

(Formally Gollumgirl)

PostPosted: July 27th, 2014, 11:52 pm 
Istari
Istari

My friend went to a bar with some friends that she met at another bar. Sooo...yeah. Otherwise I would have been out with her all day. Instead I was given a store list, cleaned the kitchen twice, and balanced my checkbook. :annoyed2: Ugh, bars...unless its Irish themed I have no use for them. :p .......I gotta get more friends... :confused:

On another note, I have a compelling desire to reread the Harry Potter series....so I think I will! Looking forward to it, its been a while!

PostPosted: July 28th, 2014, 11:43 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

To me, (being only 11) it's pretty easy to occupy one's self during the Summer Holiday's. I guess it's a lot harder for adults.

(Formally Gollumgirl)

PostPosted: July 28th, 2014, 12:37 pm 
Ent
Ent

Tink, if you do reread the Harry Potter series, that is awesome. I love the books and the films. Except Prisoner of Azkaban. The book is my absolute fave. By the time I saw the film, I had read the book at least 20 times (no exageration.) My expectations were so high, that the film just failed to meet them.
Goblet of Fire was an aweful film. It missed out all the good bits from the book.

I'm glad someone noticed I was gone. :) :hug:
All of my Facebook friends thought I'd logged off to go to sleep. I was like :o "You thought I'd slept for 2 days!?"
Yeah, I needed some time off though. My book really needs some work. I have to edit what I have. Then there is a part that I really don't like how it played out, so I have to rewrite with new ideas. Finish my notes. (There are parts, where huge things happen to all of the centrel characters, but we only see what happens to 1. It would be quite boring, if the book contained them all.) I need to write all that, then write down all the character information. Finish the blueprints for each room. I'm basically drawing them not to scale on graph paper.
Seriously though, writing a book is a lot of work.

Other than that, I'm thinking about throwing another family tree party. But, I don't know when. Marida did say something about throwing a family tree party for her birthday. I don't know when that is.

♥ Married to Thranduil, 22 April 2014 ♥

Lónannûniel, Queen of the Woodland Realm ♦

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 28th, 2014, 7:09 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

It was on Friday, I've just been kind of busy lately, so I'll try to post it tomorrow (hopefully). I've been busy getting the material for my Halloween costume (I'll be dressing up as Thorin this year, regardless of the fact that I'm actually female. Gender rules be darned, if you want to dress up as your favorite male character, I say go for it. Another Thorin fan on TORN said something similar). I also recently ordered the Smaug companion book from the WETA Chronicles books (it was the only one that I didn't have yet). Luckily, I got lots of money for my birthday, since material isn't cheap. They have a sewing club that gets you a discount, but since I only go there once a year, it doesn't make much sense to get one. :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 29th, 2014, 6:17 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Today was the first day I've actually been able to have a proper day off in the summer holidays, I've had to go to stupid summer school :confused2:

(Formally Gollumgirl)

PostPosted: July 30th, 2014, 8:40 am 
Vala
Vala

England is so awesome and I've got a job interview on Friday!

Rest in peace Carrie Fisher, the legend we didn't deserve.

PostPosted: July 30th, 2014, 2:50 pm 

Marida wrote:
It was on Friday, I've just been kind of busy lately, so I'll try to post it tomorrow (hopefully). I've been busy getting the material for my Halloween costume (I'll be dressing up as Thorin this year, regardless of the fact that I'm actually female. Gender rules be darned, if you want to dress up as your favorite male character, I say go for it. Another Thorin fan on TORN said something similar).

And you're both absolutely right! I think it's really cool that you're going to dress up as Thorin! Will you post pictures when your costume is finished? :)

Erin, "Prisoner of Azkaban" is my favorite book as well! I loved everything about it, but I also thought the movie didn't do it justice. It was just meh, while the book was WOW! I think my favorite movie is "the Half-Blood Prince" because they put in most of the important and good bits from the book. And now I want to re-read Harry Potter as well :p

PostPosted: July 30th, 2014, 6:41 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I always do (except for last year, since the female zombie costume I chose kind of made me look fat). And check out this drawing I made of Marida on Doll Divine:

I always pictured her as a redhead for some reason, even though my hair is more the color of Fili's (natural, not dyed). I would like to make one of both Marida and Thorin together, but I'm unsure if they have one for couples. ;-)

I'll try to post the thread for Marida's birthday party by tomorrow. With the teaser trailer for BoFA out, I'm more on TORN (theOneRing.net) than I am on here. I didn't even think I wanted to view the trailer, due to certain scenes that I'm dreading (the death scenes, mostly), but my curiousity got the better of me (as it usually does). Now I can't seem to get Pippin's song out of my head (I was even humming it during dinner last night, which didn't impress my mom. She often doesn't understand my tastes sometimes, but then again, I don't understand why she prefers comedy to any kind of action movie. Comedy is so not my cup of tea. Not enough action, for starters).

I got a nasty sunburn on my face yesterday, so today I made sure I remembered to apply sunscreen before I left my apartment (It must have been hotter than I thought, but sometimes the breeze makes you burn faster than it would if there would be no wind). :duh:

Last edited by Marida on February 19th, 2018, 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 30th, 2014, 11:53 pm 
Istari
Istari

Lhunardaien wrote:
Erin, "Prisoner of Azkaban" is my favorite book as well! I loved everything about it, but I also thought the movie didn't do it justice. It was just meh, while the book was WOW! I think my favorite movie is "the Half-Blood Prince" because they put in most of the important and good bits from the book. And now I want to re-read Harry Potter as well :p

"Prizoner" is my favorite book too!!! I didn't find the movie bad, though of course, books are always better than the movies it seems. :yes: I loved Buckbeak. I was like "I want him!!!!" :lol: And I did it, I picked up the first HP book. Let the reread begin!....unless I get distracted by another book at some point. Who knows with my always changing moods!

PostPosted: July 31st, 2014, 5:43 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I just saw Dawn of the Planet of the apes..... I'm speechless, it was amazing

(Formally Gollumgirl)

PostPosted: July 31st, 2014, 8:58 am 
Vala
Vala

I love Primark. I also think I need to hand in my adult card since I bought a My Little Pony pajamas. xD
Also, my birthday "party" is going to be Lord of the Rings themed. Awesomecake.

Rest in peace Carrie Fisher, the legend we didn't deserve.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137 ... 163  Next