Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: AU Family Tree Halloween Party
PostPosted: October 24th, 2014, 9:42 pm 
Dwarf at Heart
Dwarf at Heart

(Oh dear, catching up.)

Mistress Durin said her farewell to Lhun, for she could not stay and left early. Hopefully all was well.

"Indeed," she said to her brother. Not speaking to, or even greeting their mother and father, who also happened to be King and Queen Under the Mountain. Yes, they would certainly not hear the end of it.

She looked over and saw that Kili was in deep conversation with Thorin. She saw him smile, and laugh, seemingly to have forgotten or at least sidetracked from the drinking game she denied him. After all, they did not come here just to indulge in ale. At Thorin was around to keep him out of trouble. He acted better when he was around.

She looked down into her own mug of ale. not even half empty yet. She drank slower than the dwarves. In a social setting, one spends more time talking, rather than drinking.

Suddenly, Kili came up behind her and presented her with a piece of dundee cake. "For you," he said with a smile. "Before they gamble off all the sweets over there." Mistress Durin chuckled. "Thank you." Smiling, she broke off and bite sized bit and gave it to Kili. He happily popped it into his mouth. "I'll come see you soon," he said with a wink and off he went to continue conversing with Thorin.

He saw there mirrored bright and fair

♥In a poly relationship with Kili and Tauriel♥

Last edited by Gersemi on October 25th, 2014, 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 24th, 2014, 10:14 pm 
Ent
Ent

Once she had gotten her moment of quiet, Erin returned to the party. She decided to take a chance, and join in with the card game. Most card games were a mystery to her, except for blackjack, but she was more than happy to give it a shot. "Mind if I join you?" she asked, those playing cards.

♥ Married to Thranduil, 22 April 2014 ♥

Lónannûniel, Queen of the Woodland Realm ♦

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 24th, 2014, 11:35 pm 
Istari
Istari

"The more the merrier!" Tink said as Sean followed them out into the hall.

"In other words, the more barriers she has between her and any potential ghosts, the better." Hook smirked.

They wandered the hall, peeking into the rooms as they passed. The men passed Tink by as she lingered in one doorway, taking in the portraits that hung in one room. They were making small talk when a scream echoed through the hall. Both men whirled around, Hook's hand gripping the hilt of his sword as he started back for Tink. He stopped after a few steps as she stood there, bouncing up and down a little, biting her bottom lip and blushing.

"Sorry...blanket fell off the self in this closet when I opened the door." she sheepishly said, bending to pick up the old blanket.

"What's that sound?" Hook asked, cocking his head slightly as he listened.

Tink paused for a moment before shoving the blanket back into the closet. "Sounds like Erin's playing some music. Beautifully, I might add."

Hook shook his head. "I'm talking about the voice."

"Rin, perhaps?" she asked, looking over at Sean before staring down the hall. "One way to find out for sure....Now which one of you fine men are going first?" She laughed as Hook shook his head, rolling his eyes up to the ceiling.

PostPosted: October 25th, 2014, 1:34 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Kraven looked at Mistress Durin, and said "I'm going to go see Mather now. Have to introduce her to my wife. Talk to you later." He walked over to Merida leading Megan, arm in arm, along the way. Once he got there he bowed to his mother, and Megan curtsied. He then said "Mother, I would like to introduce you to Megan Gwynn-Silverfox. Fellow X-Men, mutant, and my wife. Megan, this is my mother Merida, also known as the Queen Under the Mountain." Megan smiled to the Queen, and said "It's a pleasure to meet you at last. I've been waiting for this moment for a while now."

Previously Known As Orophin

PostPosted: October 25th, 2014, 6:54 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Though Marida knew that her only son (even if he was adopted) would eventually come over and introduce his new bride to her, she wasn't expecting it at that moment and seemed to be caught of guard. "The pleasure's all mine, and I'm afraid I'm not that familiar with mutants, if you don't mind the term, but you seem friendly enough." the queen responded, looking over to where her husband and Kili were still in conversation. It still amazed her how much Kili's attitude changed in Thorin's presence, as if he didn't want to cause any more trouble.

"Are you enjoying the festivities so far?" Marida asked Megan. It was at this moment that Thorin glanced in their direction, probably a little curious about Megan himself. "Have you met my husband?" Marida asked. "He's over there talking to his nephew, Kili." the queen gestered to where both Thorin and Kili seemed to be sharing some joke of some kind.

It was at this time that Marida first seemed to notice that Erin decided to grace the company with one of her songs. Although Marida didn't have as much of a problem with Elves like her husband did, some of them could sure carry a tune. In Erin's case, it probably came in handy to calm her nerves when she had a strife with Thranduil. "Erin's not the only one that can carry a tune." Marida thought to herself, glancing back towards her husband, but she doubted if Thorin felt like singing at that particular moment.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 25th, 2014, 8:00 pm 
Dwarf at Heart
Dwarf at Heart

(woohoo Dwarf like name here)

"I'll come with you," she said. While nibbling her treat Gersemi, followed her brother to greet her mother. She took another glance behind her. Kili still speaking with Thorin, the other males still gambling off the sweets in their silly game. The ladies however, were starting a game of cards. It made sense. All the men were off doing their own thing, so the women start their own. It was typical.

"Hello mother," she said, giving a quick curtsy the best she could with a cake in her hand, and a mug of ale n the other. She was certain she looked rather ridiculous and perhaps a little improper. "My apologies," she said. "But strangely enough, they are gambling with the sweets over there." Gersemi indicated to the men and their game. "Kili grabbed me something before it was all gone. And brought me ale." She held up her mug.

She agreed with Erin's ability to sing. It certainly was not bad at all. Gersemi was sure that Marida was speaking of Thorin, having no knowledge on how anyone else around them sang. Well, except for Kili, but he didn't think himself that good of a singer, but she thought otherwise. Gersemi remembered when they were younger, back in Ered Luin, he use to sing to them old dwarven songs, and tell them stories of Erebor.

He saw there mirrored bright and fair

♥In a poly relationship with Kili and Tauriel♥

Last edited by Gersemi on November 1st, 2014, 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 26th, 2014, 10:11 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Megan responded "The term mutant isn't offensive to me, some don't like it, but I'm proud of what I am." Kraven then leaned close to Megan and said "I'll be right back. " He then slipped off before she could reply. She then continued talking to Merida "I am enjoying the party, it's a very lively, and welcoming, environment, and a very interesting locating choice. Are all of the family get togethers this interesting? I haven't had the chance to met your husband yet, although I have seen Kili, but that has been mainly energetic runs between Gersemi, and his current location. He's very lively, it's nice to see."

At that time Kraven returned. He gave a glass of Champagne to Megan, and a plate of assorted sweets, and fruits, including a few different kinds of chocolate covered strawberries, Megans favorite. He also was holding a plate piled high with all kinds of meats and a full bottle of Rum for himself. He took a drink, and then ate some of his meat, it was a bit of salted pork, it was delicious. Megan spoke her head at him. He looked at her and said "What? I'm hungry, and it's only one bottle of Rum, there's more for everyone else." Megan simply sighed and then said "Thank you for getting me this." He said "Your welcome." Then dropped another piece of meat in him mouth, this one was peppered roast beef. Megan his her smile at him behind he Champagne glass as she sipped it.

Previously Known As Orophin

PostPosted: October 27th, 2014, 6:20 pm 
Ent
Ent

Erin enjoyed her game of cards. She lost more sweets than she won, but the fun made it worth it. Her supply of sweets run out entirely. Erin decided to go off exploring down the corridors. The spooky corridors, with flickering candles and flapping curtains, loomed all around her. She hoped that the rumors of ghosts were in fact hearsay.

Just past the rusting candlestick, on the rickety table, was a door. Erin opened it, with a loud creek. The door lead to yet another corridor, just as spooky as the last. Then another, and another. The fifth door she went through, she found a rather dark and dreary drawing room. There in the middle of the room, was a rather confused Thranduil.

"Thranduil? Tell me it is you, and not some creepy trick," said Erin.

"I am no trick. I lost my way," Thranduil replied.

"I'm just glad you didn't leave me here alone."

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 27th, 2014, 11:42 pm 
Istari
Istari

"Hello? Erin, I hope that was you I heard!" Tink called out before cautiously sticking her head into a doorway. "Oh thank heavens! This place is awfully twisty and turny! Sean, Hook and I started to explore a bit, thought we heard Rin singing and started to look for her, but I'm afraid we got separated somehow. I actually fell through a wall! You know how in the old movies they always have the spooky place with a wall that moves, well apparently thats not too far fetched." she rambled as she moved towards the pair. "And there you are Thranduil, you were gone for a while, fall through a wall too?"

PostPosted: October 28th, 2014, 3:01 am 
Ent
Ent

"Something of the sort," said Thranduil.

"Tink!" said Erin. "I got lost in a maze of corridors. I went through one, then another and another. I don't even know the way back. We should stick together, to find our way back to the party."

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 28th, 2014, 11:08 pm 
Istari
Istari

"I agree! This place has been fun to explore, until I got lost that is." Tink said. "And I can't find my Hook." she added, biting her lip and staring around as though waiting for him to magically appear. "You haven't seen him, have you? No?" She sighed, obviously torn between staying with Erin and Thranduil and going off in search for her husband. "What if he's gotten himself into some sort of trouble or what if this place is really haunted and something happened to him or--"

"Or maybe he's just been wandering the halls trying to figure out which room that revolving wall dumped you in?" Hook said as he entered the room, obviously relieved that his search had come to an end as he flashed Tink a smile.

Tink practically launched herself into his arms. "Killian!...You jingle a little when you walk, dear." she added, arching a brow at him and receiving a grin in reply. He had obviously pocketed a few things as he searched the various rooms for her.

Hook looked over at Erin and Thranduil. "Now, anyone know just where we are in this castle, and how to get back to the party room? And I'm not sure where Rin and her husband are, either. Have you two seen them?"

PostPosted: October 29th, 2014, 12:05 am 
Balrog
Balrog

((Sorry I had a bad few days at work and got sick. (x.x) Time to catch up. :lol:))

"It just might be." Sean replied as Tink questioned if it might have been his wife's voice they were hearing down the halls. "Sounds like it is coming from this way." He and Hook started to follow towards it, but when they looked behind Tink had gone missing. Fearing the worst in a creepy house Sean insisted Hook to go and look for his wife. If something did happen to her she would need his help, but if the path forward might lead him to find and protect his own wife, that was his path. He took one of the swords from a wall mount for safety. Sean had won at least two awards for fencing while he was still in university. A lot of his roles had him working with a sword so it was a still that was never forgotten.

Sean came to the room Rin was in a few moments later. "Never could resist an empty room could you?" He called out to his wife. Making her blush heavily as she turned around.
"Yeah... Well..." Rin cleared her throat. "What can I say the acoustics in here are amazing... I also thought that no one could hear me." Before she completely finished her sentence, Sean had taken her into his arms with a sigh of relief. "What's with the sword?" She asked confused as he let her go.
"Tink, Hook, and I started wandering the halls. We had saw you come down this way." He paused for a second as he looked back, still they didn't come. "Hook and I were in front when we lost Tink. I told Hook to go back and find her. If something was beginning to happen in this house I had to find you."
"Tink is missing?" Rin asked wide-eyed. She took the sword from the suit of armour she had been standing by, "Then let's go and find her and Hook. We can't leave them behind." As she had started to walk back towards where Sean had come from, he grabbed her arm.
"Don't ever wander off in a place like this alone again. Tell me next time." His tone was stern yet full of concern.
"I'm sorry, love. I am still not used to having people willing to accompany me on adventures. I won't let it happen again." The two headed back into the hallway and started to look for clues.

PostPosted: October 29th, 2014, 11:19 pm 
Istari
Istari

(Welcome back Rin! I thought you may have gotten busy at work, glad your back! Dark halls, revolving walls, disappearing people, how fun is this? :lol: )

"What was that?" Tink gasped, grabbing onto Hook's arm as her eyes darted around the room.

"What was what, love?" Hook asked, hand moving to his sword hilt.

"Nothing I guess, just thought I heard something. I think this place is starting to get to me." she admitted, still looking around a little uncertain. "I'm always easier to scare around Halloween, everything seems extra spooky. I'm just going to tell myself that they ran out of ale at the party and what I think I just heard was Kili discovering that fact."

"Hm. Still have your knife?" Hook asked.

Tink nodded, "In my boot, as usual." Hook had given her a knife as a gift early in their relationship, for others it may be a strange gift but for a pirate its a practical one. He may be a bit possessive of her, but he was definitely protective, and the knife gave her an extra measure of protection if for some reason he couldn't. She had carried it with her ever since, usually tucked down in her boot out of sight. "I say we get out of this room and try to find Rinoa, or at least the party room, maybe she's made her way back there already." She looked back over her shoulder, obviously still a little spooked.

PostPosted: October 30th, 2014, 12:46 am 
Balrog
Balrog

(( Thank you. ^_^ :lol: Yep, super fun! I got back and was confused but pleased. Haha. I would have been on more, but when I locked my keys in my car... I had my phone charger in there and I wanted to be less of a target in early morning Los Angeles. Then there is the horrible reception at work. :lol:))

Rin hit the hilt of her sword against the wall in frustration. Seriously, where could everyone have gone!? She and Sean came to a door they had not ventured in and opened the door. It was empty... again. Rinoa let out a sigh as she went to look through the room. She stopped when she saw a small thing of safety pins and started pinning up the train on her dress so she could move easier.
"Well it is clear someone has been in here." Sean stated as he rested his sword against the wall and examined the jewellery box on the room opposite Rin.
"Probably Hook, no doubt." Rinoa responded as she finished pinning her dress and walked back towards Sean. "At least we are getting closer. Maybe we will find more clues in here." They two started searching the walls and cabinets. Rin came across the wardrobe and noticed a nice pair of black military style boots that made her raise her eyebrow. If they did run into any trouble the last thing she needed to be in was her high heel platform booths that she was in now. "Guess I will commender these just in case." She said as she held them up and looked at the size. Size 8, perfect.
"What's this?" Sean asked almost to himself as he looked over a candle holder on the wall.
"Ahhh... That's better. Now if something happens I can actually get your back." Rin stated as she walked over towards him. "What's wha-? Oh." There was a brief pause as the two looked it over. There was some kind of odd symbol on this candle holder that was not on the others. "Do you think it opens something?"
"Only one way to find out." Sean was not to confidant of what he was suggesting.
"I think you and I have been in and seen our share of horror films. Do we really want to test where this will take us?" The two stood there for a moment contemplating. If Tink and Hook did go in this room this may have been where they went. "Oh damn it..." Rin pulled on the candle holder and the wall spun them into another room.

PostPosted: October 30th, 2014, 8:58 pm 
Ent
Ent

Thranduil heard something rattling around in the walls. He took his wife's hand, and pulled her behind him. With the other hand, he drew his sword. Erin would have been mad that he brought a weapon to a family party, and yet again tried to protect her instead of letting her stand up for herself, but honestly in this castle, she was terrified. Far too scary for her liking.

"What was that?" asked Erin, trembling.

"You wander off on your own, without fear. Now a few noises scare you?" asked Thranduil surprised.

Erin would have said a few words in her defence, but she didn't want to argue with him at a party, she would save that for later. Instead, she turned to Tink. "Yeah, I think we should look for Rinoa. This place probably gets worse, if you're lost."

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 30th, 2014, 11:51 pm 
Istari
Istari

(Haha! Hook being in the jewelry box, brilliant Rin! :lol: )

Tink nodded at Erin in agreement before starting for the hall. Hook took hold of her arm, making her pause as he moved in front of her, leading the way out of the room. He, like Thranduil, had his sword in hand. Tink reached down to pull the knife from her boot, though she felt rather safe being led by a pirate with his sword drawn and a deadly hook for a hand. Pausing in the dark hall they listened for any sounds that may help determine which direction they should go.

"If only we knew which direction we had come from, at least!" Tink grumbled.

"If we're looking to backtrack a bit, I came from the right." Hook said, motioning down the right side of the hall. "Took a few turns along the way, one passage I swore I came through was gone when I looked back. But its worth a try."

Tink looked over at Erin and Thranduil. "Be careful, we dont want to be separated again! I'd say to avoid leaning up against any walls." she added with a grin, trying to put Erin at ease.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next