Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 16th, 2024, 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158 ... 163  Next
 Post subject: Re: Family Tree RP Thread
PostPosted: May 6th, 2015, 11:09 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Hm.. never heard of it. I'll check it out. :)

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: May 15th, 2015, 12:18 am 
Istari
Istari

HELLO EVERYBODY!!!!!! Just popping in, sorry my presence here has been lacking, but work has been heavy lately. i'm nearly done with a 12 day work stint, then i have one day off, and then i work for another 8. I'm not happy about it though. I'm tired!!! But thought I'd bounce in and see how everyone is doing?

PostPosted: May 15th, 2015, 10:27 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Wow... That is a roygh work scheduel. Doesnt sound like any fun.

Food to see you back on, thiugh. I have got through moving... Just need to unpack now. :p.

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2015, 12:52 pm 
Ent
Ent

It's been way too long since I stopped by. I found inspiration for my book, and just had to run with it. It turned out quite well, to a point where I've finished it. Two and a half years, and it's over. I've started on book 2. I always knew that with the plot I created, it would always be two books. Just writing the first chapter, then I can get to work coming up with a basic sequence of plot to work around. I'm so excited about it.

♥ Married to Thranduil, 22 April 2014 ♥

Lónannûniel, Queen of the Woodland Realm ♦

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2015, 3:13 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

That is awasome! I am actually just finishing my book as well. I have done all the edits and re-writes as well and finally got the cover finished.

Now, i need to order a proof copy and if that is all good the book can go live on Amazon.

Are you intending to put your book up publically?

PostPosted: June 18th, 2015, 11:42 pm 
Istari
Istari

HELLOOOOOOO EVERYBODY!!!! I've been away for a while, obviously, work has been a little cray-cray, i've been dead tired at night and only checking things like facebook and email. The usual stuff. I did carve out time to get Gandalf into his bigger tank, he seems so happy! He went from a 1.5 gallon into a 5.5 gallon tank, he's got so much room to swim around! So how has everyone else been?

PostPosted: June 19th, 2015, 9:06 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Hey! Great to see you back on tinkerbell! I had been wondering what happened to everyone around here.

Sounds like gandalph should be quite happy! Also sounds like you could use a vacation.

PostPosted: June 21st, 2015, 12:45 am 
Istari
Istari

Oh gosh yes! Sadly my vacation isn't until July...ah well, until then I'll just vacation in my mind in late 1700's Scotland. (reading the Outlander series. crazy good) And yes, Gandalf seems much happier! He's such a spoiled fish! :lol:

PostPosted: June 21st, 2015, 3:04 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Lol. I know how that is... I have some vacation time but jot sure when I will be able to take it... :yuck:

Lol that sounds like a wonderful place to vacation. Haha never read the series but they have a great setting if that is when/where it takes place.

Ah, well... At least a spoiled fish can run up and begg at you all the time like a spoiled cat ir dog cab. ;)

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2015, 6:39 pm 
Ent
Ent

I know I say this every time, but it really has been too long since I've been on A-U, and I missed this place. And all of you of course! I've been in a pretty dark place, and didn't want to bring everyone down with it. Honestly, the days I didn't go online I felt better.

Anyways, I'm back and got a bright new set. So, dish. What is everyone up to?

Me? Not much. Working on my book. That is going well. Much easier with a second novel, because all the main characters are like old friends by now. Rather than dragging them through the plot, we are in perfect harmony in that department. Oh, and Jax asked back there if it would be published. Well, two years ago, I would have said a full out no. Now, who knows. I want to finish the whole series first. That way all the ideas are my own, without any outside expectations or influences.

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2015, 6:53 pm 
Istari
Istari

Nice to have you back! I know what you mean about having dark days every now and then, glad you are doing good now!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2015, 7:57 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Indeed, good to see you back on! Well, if you do decide to piblish make sure you let is all know! :).

Sorry that you were going theough a rough time... We all have times where we get drug down by one thing or another but if you ever do need someone to rant to we are always here to listen! I know I would be if you needed someone to ramble to. ;).

As for me I have been busy.... Moving, working a full time job, working with trying to promote my novel and get sales set up book signings and such things... On top of that getting another book ready to publish, writing book 2 in my novel series (The Varsian Kingdom Series). And all the thpical stuff a home requires out of a guy.... And on top of all that we have had several full weekends with extra stuff going on AND we are probably going to be moving AGAIN in another 2 months!! O_@.

Lol I have no idea what to do with myself right now. :p

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2015, 8:03 pm 
Ent
Ent

Wow, that's busy.

Believe me, if this gets published, I'll be screaming it from the rooftops. All I can say about it is; technically, it is a sci-fi genre. I really do love writing it. Much easier to run with, than anything I've ever written. I always felt like I was trying to fit my work into someone else's mold. Now I've made my own.

Other than that, I've been reading up on Dungeons & Dragons. Wow, that is confusing. I come up with an awesome character, but then with the vocations, classes, backgrounds, the trait list, etc etc, none of them fit! I can't even use Lónannûniel (with an originaler name of course), because I don't like the D&D elves.

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2015, 8:09 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Yeah.... Life likes to keep me busy it seems. :p

Lol I know what you mean. ;) I try to restrain myself at times because I dont want to over so it but it is hard not to tell everyone! Lol

Sci-fi is really fun to write and easy. You can create anything and make it work. My first Novels are going to be medieval fantasy bt I have plans to, later on, do a science fiction series. I actually have the rough draft of the first book finished and the outline for the second book but I just kind of set it on a back burner fr the time being while I do my current series since it is going to be a 4 book seriesabd I knly have two of the four written. Amd that second one needs a re-write something fierce! Lol

Hm... I have never looked into D&D honestly. It sounds comicated, though. I always stuck to LOtR online and star wars galaxies until they killed it... But I wont get started on that or I will get all depressed. :p

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2015, 8:15 pm 
Ent
Ent

Oh, so your book is a saga then? I don't know how many books I'll write. There are characters that are important to the plot, whose back story is worthy of a book. Who knows, I could end up writing loads of books for the series.

D&D really is complicated. There are so many details that seem like nothing, but is really a lot. Though I am torn between a standoffish rogue Tiefling or a ranger dragonborn with a bit of the bard in him. But once I write the back stories, I see they don't fit in the D&D world. :(

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2015, 8:22 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Technically yes... I originally planned just three but then after I started I realized I almost had to have a fourth to finish everything up.

The first book, cover and all, already has "The Varsian Kingdom Series." So I am not sure whether to just leave it or perhaps make the fourth book a supper long one (because it easily could be) and do a stand alone book using the stories and characters from the series as background.... But then it IS part of the same series basically.... So... I dont know. Lol

Yeah, it sounds like it. Is it background just for fun or are you using it in a book or what are you writing it for?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158 ... 163  Next