Balrog

It came out last year I thinks....

Sam

<a href="http://www.dance-to-this-beat.net"> Dance to this Beat</a>
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 17th, 2006, 4:21 pm 

Jamie Bell is just dead adorable, even if he looks punk-like.

[giggles]

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 25th, 2006, 11:15 am 
Maia
Maia

Okay, I love Jamie Bell, hes a good actor, good-looking and looks like my crush in real life! (esp. in Billy Elliott!)

Is what you've seen too much to take, or are you blind and seeing nothing?
(I saw you run) I saw you run away
Is what I've done too much to take or are you scared of being nothing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 26th, 2006, 8:58 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I was very impressed with him in Billy Elliot, and it was cool to see him all grown up in King Kong :). He's turning out to be quite an attractive young man, IMO, and judging from his performance in Billy Elliot, I'd say he's got quite a bright future in the acting business ahead of him :yes:.

Alexis

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 11th, 2007, 12:05 pm 
Istari
Istari

okay, i just had to resurrect this thread. i can't believe i didn't come looking for it before, actually.

in my opinion, jamie bell is the most talented actor of his generation (unless you put him in the same generation as james mcavoy, in which case first place is a tie); and one of my favourite actors of all time.

i've seen him in billy elliot, dear wendy, nicholas nickleby and undertow, and he was superb in all of them. i'm now waiting for the chumscrubber to come out on dvd (i was looking forward to seeing it when it was released in britain this summer...then discovered that not a single cinema in my area was showing it) and i'm debating whether or not to go see hallam foe at the end of the month (i should probably find out why it's been rated 18 first). i want to rent king kong and flags of out fathers at some point too.

i think jamie is a very natural, honest and charismatic actor; i like that he puts a lot into the physical as well as vocal aspects of his performances (and i'm not just referring to the dancing in billy elliot); and unlike other of my favourites (*cough* christopher eccleston *cough*) he's amazing at accents. and he's british, which is just further proof that we brits make the best actors - we're just naturally [s]mad[/s] [s]eccentric[/s] theatrical. haha

actually, seeing as i mentioned the dancing in billy elliot...what did you guys make of it? i thought his footwork in particular was amazing - you can tell he's a talented tap dancer. i really hope he's kept it up.

i think it's a shame that more people don't know about him and realise what an outstanding talent he is, but i guess a lot of that's down to the fact that he's played in a lot smaller, quirkier films. he's obviously chosen the roles that interest in him, rather than the roles that are going to make him famous, and i really respect him for that. still, every review i've read of any film he's been in has commended him on his acting, so at least he is getting the recognition he deserves in that sense.

wow, that was quite a post. can you tell i'm a fan?

**MY BOOK**

~ proud to be a shieldmaiden for christ ~
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 15th, 2007, 4:51 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Ah, yes, The Chumscrubber :closedeyes:. I've seen this a few times on one of the HBO or Showtime channels my parents have (they have satellite broadcasting). Great movie, but also kind of weird. As always, though, Jamie Bell's acting is excellent :).

Both my mom and I, after seeing him as a kid in Billy Elliot, had a feeling that if he continued acting, he would definitely be successful, and he most certainly has been. I mean, he's been in not one, but two big blockbusters directed by two very famous directors (Peter Jackson for King Kong and Clint Eastwood for Flags of Our Fathers, respectively), and in terms of all the indie films he's been in (Undertow, Dear Wendy, and The Chumscrubber), he's played the main character and/or had the privilege to work with some very well-known actors (Bill Pullman in Dear Wendy and Glenn Close, Ralph Fiennes, & Carrie-Ann Moss in The Chumscrubber). That's an impressive resumé for someone who's only in his late teens or early twenties!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 20th, 2007, 11:40 am 
Balrog
Balrog

I've seen him in Nicholas Nickleby and thought he did a fantastic job :)

We've been forever
yet we've only just begun.

We have come full circle.

Profile       WWW