Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 15th, 2024, 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help WANTED! Reading/Critique of Beginnings of a Novel
PostPosted: January 5th, 2011, 2:12 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Hello, moi, je m'appelle Caunion cyn Britannia. And I need the help of someone here. See, for the last three or four years, I've been working on a novel and I believe now I have what I consider the beginnings of one of the protagonist's arc. Now this is where you guys come in.

I already have my wonderful friends going through it, critiquing it, etc. What I need is someone to read it and give me their general opinions about it. Now I should let you know that I'm also going through my novel, editing things, making things flow or more consistent. So when you ask for it and I hand it to you, there will be some inconsistencies and some contradiction and other issues of the like. In that case, please do not hesitate to ask me on this thread or via e-mail.

One more thing, because I know it must be a huge pain to read something that holds no interest to you, least of all something written by me, I have a reward for you. If you simply read it and give me your opinions regarding the novel, I shall make you two signature sets of your choosing. Simply give me the images and I'll make them for you. Now if you read it and critique it and give me some constructive criticism, then I'll be eternally grateful and shall make you five signature sets of your choosing. Once again, give me the images.

The passage or excerpt or whatever has six chapters, they're approximately 45 pages or a little more than 27, 000 words. The novel takes place in an alternate universe, something akin to steampunk. There are some adult themes, mostly minor at this point but will definitely become darker and edgier later in the novel. Otherwise, if you're interested, please put your e-mail here or PM it to me with the subject: Incarnate and Imbrute. Thank you very much.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2011, 3:36 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

I would love to help out a fellow writer. I am currently in a state of disarray trying to figure out how to go about my own novel. So by reading one that is in the making I think will inspire me as much as help you out...

I will say that school is starting for me again soon and it is my last semester so my replies and critiques may be slow coming, but I am willing to give it a shot.

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G