Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 16th, 2024, 1:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My Front Porch Looking In (Star Wars Alternate Universe)
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2009, 9:10 pm 
Elf
Elf

I don't remember if I made a thread for this before or not...but anywho. This is a 5 part story with a sequel. The 5 parts have already been finished, but the sequel is still being written.

Summary:
This is a "what if" to the Star Wars prequels. My two what ifs: what if Obi-Wan married, and what if Anakin had a sibling? Out of boredom and past love for Star Wars, I decided to explore another side to the universe. So this is an "untold" story. Granted, the first five parts, especially part 1, have parts that are not any good writing-wise, and my writing skill is still developing.

If I get any posts of interest, I'll start off the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 24th, 2009, 2:25 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Location: Wandering, lost in my secret realm of fiction & fantasy (who stole my map??)

I'd be interested! I am a Star Wars fan, as well as a fanfic fan :teehee:

-Boys Like Girls

:hug:</center>

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2009, 4:49 pm 
Elf
Elf

Thank you! Sorry I forgot about it, haha.

My life, as I knew it, was about to end. When Qui-Gon, Padme, R2D2, and Jar Jar Binks first walked through the junk shop doors, I thought it was just business as usual. Little did I know that I and those four strangers would be involved in events that would forever change me, mature me, and scar me.

“Hi chuba de naga?” Watto asked the four as they walked into the dark, somewhat crowded, junk shop. Translated, the welcoming phrase meant “What do you want?” I knew Huttese fluently, as did my mother and brother, and I was a little taken aback that this man knew Huttese, or at least understood it, since he and his companions didn't look like they were from Tattoine. Most citizens of Tattoine spoke Huttese.

“I need parts for a J-type 327 Nubian.” He calmly replied. The man was tall, somewhat broad shouldered, and bearded with shoulder length gray hair. He was dressed as a farmer; but I had never seen him before, and in this town, you don’t see many new people.

“Ah yes, yes. Nubian. We have lots of that. Peedenkel! Naba dee unko!” Watto shouted. He was yelling at Anakin, my brother and 8 years my junior. “Coona tee-tocky malia?” Watto asked impatiently, wondering what took Anakin so long; which in reality didn’t take him more than a minute.

“Mel tassa cho-passa” Anakin replied, a bit peeved at Watto’s impatience.

“Chut-chut! Ganda doe wallya” Watto replied, telling Anakin to watch the shop. He must have forgotten that I was behind the counter, repairing a broken leg of a droid. However, I was sitting down cross-legged in front of it so nobody could see me unless they stood right by the counter and looked over. Watto turned back to Qui-Gon. “So, let me take thee out back. Ni you’ll find what you need.”
As Anakin jumped up onto the counter and sat down on it, Qui-Gon, Watto, and R2 went out back in the junk yard.

“Anakin, will you give me that?” I turned around slightly and pointed at a tool on the counter. He threw it to me and I caught it gracefully.

Anakin turned back to Padme. “Are you an angel?” He asked. I laughed softly to myself; a little embarrassed at my brother’s innocent question, but thankful I was somewhat hidden.

Padme turned to him, the question seeming to amuse her. “What?” she replied, keeping her amusement apparent only in a smile.

“An angel; I’ve heard the deep space pilots talk about them. They’re most the beautiful creatures in the universe. They’re from the moons of Iego, I think.”Anakin said, matter-of-factly.

“You’re a funny little boy. How do you know so much?” Padme replied, obviously interested in this little boy dressed in rags.

“I listen to all the star pilots who come through here. I’m a pilot you know, and someday I’m going to fly away from this place.” Anakin said as he fiddled with a piece of machinery.

“You’re a pilot?” asked Padme.

“Yep. All my life.” He said cheerfully.

“How long have you been here?” Padme asked.

“Since I was very little; three I think. My mom, sister and I were sold to Gardulla the Hutt, but she lost us betting on the podraces.” Anakin said without shame or embarrassment.

“You’re a slave?” Padme said, horrified, though she didn’t show it.

“I’m a person and my name is Anakin.” The little boy said with a tint of anger in his voice.

“I’m sorry; this is a strange place to me.” Padme said, for it was indeed alien to her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 18th, 2010, 6:25 pm 
Elf
Elf

I'm considering finishing out my posting; I'm already more than halfway through the sequel. Anybody interested in finishing reading?