Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 16th, 2024, 3:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: .: Pieces from the Past || POTC OC Histories :.
PostPosted: October 18th, 2010, 12:22 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

<center>
Stories Rated || PG-13
Last Updated || October 18, 2010
</center>

<center>TABLE OF CONTENTS:

.Keyara Lynn Pierce. {+ Beckara}
Breathe ~ Michelle Branch
...Well it's all so overrated
In not saying how you feel
So you end up watching chances fade
And wondering what's real...

.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+
</center>

<center>If I Just Breathe || A Keyara/Beckara Drabble</center>

<i>Click-tick. Click-tick. Click-tick.</i>

The soft ticking of the clock on the mantle place woke Keyara from her troubled sleep. , She stared into the flames of the fireplace at the end of the bed, green eyes opened wide from another nightmare. They curled and licked upwards, wanting to escape their confines and ravish every inch of the beautiful home and leave nothing in their wake. Those hellish flames always wanting to sear her flesh and bone as punishment for each and every sin. It didn’t matter how many times she prayed for her soul, for she knew she was already dam<b></b>ned to the fieriest pit of hell. No amount of praying could help her now, though she’d still try, hoping it was enough.

She reached for the bible on the nightstand beside her, only to find it was missing; probably thrown somewhere across the disheveled room as a result of the unruly passion that occurred only a few hours before. Keyara turned on her side, frowning slightly as she noticed Cutler had his back turned to her. After dinner, she would find herself in his bedroom and afterwards they’d fall asleep together facing opposite directions as if nothing had ever happened between them. That was how it always ended.

It didn’t help that Cutler was a difficult man to figure out. Not once had he ever uttered the words, “I love you.” Perhaps he was incapable of it. Or maybe he just didn’t return her sentiments. Each time they made love, those three words were her mantra - but her voice fell on deaf ears. He wouldn’t say anything back, or even acknowledge that she had spoken. Even in the most intimate of moments, Cutler would never allow his inner emotions to flood outward like Keyara did. Maybe that’s why she was so easily taken advantage of…

A sudden tear found its way to her eye and she fiercely wiped it away with the back of her hand. A deep sense of regret swelled in her stomach and Keyara felt as though she was going to be sick at any moment. Yanking up one of the thin sheets, she wrapped it around her naked form and opened the French doors to the balcony with a soft <i>click</i>.

The rush of cool, Caribbean air hit her skin, contrasting the warmth she had felt from the fire and body heat radiating off Cutler. Her long, golden hair whipped about her face and she closed her eyes, trying to get the nauseous feeling to subside.

<i>Just breathe…</i>

Keyara drew in a deep breath and exhaled slowly and shakily. The tears still fell from her eyes but were quickly wiped away by the wind. She clutched the sheet around herself tighter, her body racked with shivers as she moved towards the railing and looked down into the darkness. Her hand caressed the fine marble surface with an idea forming in her mind. One little leap could solve everything and take away the pain. One little leap that would have great consequences if she went through with it. But would anyone even care enough to miss her? The families of those she had murdered and taken advantage of certainly would want to see her dead… and her sister would feel the same. It would be easy to just surrender and commit suicide, but -

“I can’t do it,” Keyara whispered, hand resting on her stomach. It wasn’t taking her own life that was the problem, but rather taking the life of the child growing within. She hadn’t told Cutler yet. Something inside had held her back from doing so. But no longer.

Passing like a ghost through doors thrown open, Keyara moved to the side of the bed and knelt down next to Cutler’s sleeping form. She brought an arm out from beneath the covering to stroke the side of his face until gray-blue eyes opened to look at her expectantly.

“Cutler… I - I’m pregnant.”

The smallest smirk graced his lips and it was clear that he already knew. He sat up, the covers pooling around his waist, and reached into the drawer of the stand beside him. “Then perhaps the time has come…” Cutler’s face remained stoic even as he presented the intricate engagement ring.

And for the first time in her life, Keyara felt truly breathless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 19th, 2010, 10:57 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

AWWWW, BECKARA!!! :hug: need I really say more? ;) seriously it was so sweet. <3 Bravo

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-