Feanor 17%  17%  [ 8 ]
Feanor's sons (or one of) 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
Other 13%  13%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 48
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 6th, 2007, 8:11 pm 
Elf
Elf

When Feanor put the point of his sword to his half-brother's chest... (grrrrrrrrrr) :stab: :duel:

~Extreme Evanescent~

~Claimed Elladan July 03, 2007~ :3

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 25th, 2007, 9:30 pm 

I didnt really like Eol or Maeglin at all. I forgot what Maeglin betrayed, but I remember he betrayed a kingdom I think. or was it a person?

and Eol...just plain didnt like him. Poor Aredhel. Such a messed up family. :teehee:

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 28th, 2007, 4:43 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

I completely hate Maeglin, because he betrayed Gondolin, and ended so many lives needlessly-and thus resulted in Glorfindel fighting the balrog and dying-he returned, I know, but still...

I also do not like either Eol nor the blasted sons of Feanor. I detest Celegorm and Curufin, for their actions towards Luthien, Beren, Dior, ect, and I also hate them for leaving Elured and Elufin (I think that was their names) in the forest to die- a foul thing to do!
Of the seven sons, I do not mind the twins....and Maglor I feel sorry for. But the rest, I hate.

(Hi folks, was Charlothiena!!!)

[img]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg51/Charlothiena/Charlothien

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2008, 12:13 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

I believe that Maeglin is the most evil. Tolkien toned it down in The Silmarillion, but in the Tales he reminds me of a mole for some reason. I'll have to reread to actually figure out why, since I read it about eight months ago, but I think it had something to do with his armor or army-unit-what do you call it that he led.
Secondly, he betrays Gondolin. I know that it's Húrin's crying outside the entrance that betrayed Gondolin's location to Morgoth, but Maeglin secretly plotted to overthrow it with Morgoth, and Gondolin may have been able to hold if he hadn't done that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 7th, 2008, 4:52 pm 

I don't know if Eöl was all that bad. He wasn't the only Grey-elf to dislike the Noldor; and to me it did seem that in spite of that he just minded his own business. Maeglin was a bit odd in ways but I believe he does deserve some pity; he lost his mother and father both in the same day. I'm sure he at least loved Aredhel.

The Elves I don't like so much are the ones like Amrod and Amras, who're in the book but only really their names are mentioned. Like Tolkien needed Fëanor to have seven sons so he thought up two more names.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 8th, 2008, 6:17 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I think Eol or Maeglin, because I think even though Eol was captivated by Aredhel's beauty, he still (more or less) kidnapped her by confusing her and drawing her into him, and then keeping them there for ever, to the point where they had to run away from his treachery and malcontent. And the fact that he tried to kill someone (I can't remember :'( who) but ended up killing his own wife is just plain selfish.

Maeglin is a whole different story. I believe that you are born with certain traits, most are taught. And, I think that Eol taught, or for this matter, didn't teach Maeglin social graces. (That's just what I think.) His heart turned to black when the love of his life (Idril) rejected him. I think from that point on is where he was pretty much driven mad on the inside, and scheming and unkind on the outside. And for the fact that he betrayed Gondolin is just downright uncool.

Wife of Beren

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2008, 1:47 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Urg... it's hard to decide... a lot of elves were meanies!!! probably celegorm andn curufin, along with Feanor.. he was cool, but too proud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2008, 12:38 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

agreed!

Wife of Beren

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2008, 5:51 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

^
yeah me too. I liked Feanor at first, but he just thought he was much much greater and more powerful than he actually was.
Without him the whole story in the Sil wouldn't have happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 1st, 2008, 10:46 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Celegorm and Curufin, those guys were evil!

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 1st, 2008, 11:17 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Feanor was too proud sometimes... didn't like him that much, and then his sons just carried the Oath too far... there was one point though when one or two of the sons were considering abandoning the Oath (don't remember that bit too well) which made me sort of go "Come on, give up! Abandon the Oath! Don't let that guy persuade you! Aaaaaarghh! Noooo..." and then, of course, he was persuaded and continued pursuing the Silmarils. The twins I've never felt badly against, they don't come into the story much.
Eol was always slightly, whats the word for it.... not exactly nasty, just has resentment and dislikes the Noldor (in my opinion) but when he tried to murder his son and murdered his wife instead, well.... I put him in the "naughty list". I liked Maeglin at first though but then he just rotted from the inside and I suppose if he wanted to he could have resisted Morgoth for quite a while but he gave in willingly because of all that rottenness in him, I reckon. (Whoa, long sentence. :confused: )

OH but there was that elf that betrayed Luthien, the bard or something (
:blush: can't remember well) he loved Luthien but was jealous and betrayed her so she was imprisoned in the tree or something? He really got on my nerves.
:annoyed:

^Thanks to Elenriel of Mirkwood! c:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2008, 4:17 am 
Balrog
Balrog

^
I think the two sons of Feanor you're talking about are Maedhros and Maglor. After the War of Wrath the Valar took the two remaining Silmarils from Morgoth (one was kept by Earendil) and Maglor at first didn't want to try to regain them, but rather try to be friendly with the Valar again and thought that after a time maybe they'd give the Silmarils back to them. But Maedhros didn't want this and he persuaded Maglor to steal the Silmarils in which they succeeded, because the Valar didn't want to kill them. But since the sons of Feanor had already done so many evil deeds they didn't have the right to keep the Silmarils any more and so they were hurt by them and they and the Silmarils disappeared.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 4th, 2008, 6:21 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Yeah, that's what I meant. I think I need to go and re-read Silmarillion - gotta keep myself LotR smart. :-D
(I dunno, those sons of Feanor always muddle me up - I mean the ones starting with M. Can never remember them.)

^Thanks to Elenriel of Mirkwood! c:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 4th, 2008, 10:12 am 
Balrog
Balrog

^
hehe don't worry. I also find it hard to remember all the names in the Sil. There's just too many of them ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 14th, 2008, 7:16 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

I'll vote Eöl. I have nothing against him, but I like Fëanor and his sons and I have a neutral opinion about Maeglin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 15th, 2008, 1:10 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Culúrien wrote:

OH but there was that elf that betrayed Luthien, the bard or something (
:blush: can't remember well) he loved Luthien but was jealous and betrayed her so she was imprisoned in the tree or something? He really got on my nerves.
:annoyed:

That was Luthien's brother, IIRC. He was the one who played the music she would dance too.

I reckon there are probably "eviler" elves that are not mentioned in any books. I know this is technically impossible, but there were probably some elves that we don't hear about who turn to Morgoth and slay some of their own kin.

Speaking of which, the Kin-slaying was pretty evil, that was mainly Feanor's doing, wasn't it?

By Durin's Beard!
For the Greater Good!
[*=#?:]