Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

How much would you be able to donate monthly?
$1 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
$3 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
$5 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
$10 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Over $10 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Unable to donate regularly, but will whenever I can. 65%  65%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 20
 Post subject: Re: AU Revival: Donations
PostPosted: June 19th, 2011, 11:18 pm 

1) Who is going to be handling the money? Arweb?

2) Regarding setting up the trial: does the person who's account it is going in to need to set it up?

3) Do we have a way for people to just do a blanket pay, like $12 a year, so that they don't have to remember do one every month if they're wanting to do that?

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 19th, 2011, 11:26 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

^ If we use paypal they can choose the amount they want to pay. If someone wants to pay in one go $12 and that's it for the year, they can just simply pay that.

If Arweb is willing to create an AU paypal account then as her details will need to be added to the account, she'll obviously be the one who has to set it up, but once the code for the button is provided, anyone of us I believe, could add it the account. Anyone can view Arweb's/AU page but only she can see how much people have given/from whom etc.

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2011, 4:45 pm 

So in order to proceed with this plan we need Arwebs to say 'I do' and get married to the PayPal account.. I'm sure this is an offer she can't refuse... :P

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2011, 4:57 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, you made me an offer I can't refuse! This is exciting! :teehee:

Alrighty, sorry for dropping out of the discussion for a while, but it turned out to be very simple to add a donation button to the main page of A-U (it's under the ad under the tag). I assume we should add some line about "A-U is non-profit but costs MONEYS to run and WE NEED HELP blahdeeblahblah," but you guys can figure the specific wording out :) We can also have a custom-designed Donate button if we want - does anyone want to try their hand at designing one? And we could add the code somewhere on the forum if we want, too...ideas?

Also, I was going to test the button out by donating 25 cents, but it told me I couldn't send money to myself. Alas. Such rejection.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2011, 9:03 pm 
The A-U Matriarch
The A-U Matriarch

Perhaps one that matches all the forum buttons?

:whistle:

.*+I'VE MET ANTIGONE, MONTANABOHEMIAN, RAIVYNN PHOENIX, BERIADANWEN & PIRATEOFTHERINGS+*.

(¯`•¸·´¯`·._.·[TRUE VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE]·._.·´¯`·¸•´¯)

PostPosted: June 24th, 2011, 2:04 pm 

^Oooooh shiny!! I'd love to donate if they button looked like that one. *cuddles button and cackles evilly*

Also, I dug up JFish's very eloquent explanation of the donation. So yes, a short text under the button mentioning that A-U is non-profit and then a link to a seperate site explaning all the details and .. stuff!

Johnny's Fan wrote:
So it will be very simple to get this thing started. Also it might be an idea under the button to have some text briefly explaining why the button is there. I'm not sure also, if we wanted a $20 tagboard if it should say, donations for the moment would be going towards the tagboard..... I'm not entirely sure you see if when paying someone could say "for the site" or "for the tagboard".... I'm pretty sure they could but I think we'd need some instructions for the paypal account, and we wouldn't want a ton of text under it on the main page.... it really need it's own page, but we'd still want the button on the main site... maybe a paypal button that links to the paypal-AU page that gives all the nice juicy details.

OK, I'm done rambling. :P

PostPosted: June 24th, 2011, 2:16 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

@ Eru - Very nice. :yes: I don't know if paypal will only accept a custom button of the same size, but could it be a tad bigger perhaps, if we intend to place it differently, at the top of the page?

^ Haha. I think we need to have a seprarate page that can be linked to explaining about the button. :yes: Or at least have it placed on a page about the site that we already have.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 25th, 2011, 11:41 pm 

http://arwen-undomiel.com/revival.html

^I put some about it on there. We can always link to that page for the time being.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2011, 11:58 am 

Wonderful with the A-U revival page. :)
I know this isn't really the place to talk about content and text but since I don't know where else to post it..
While I definitely think we need a page about the revival I think maybe it ought to be shorter and more matter-of-fact. Because most of our visitors will probably visit for the content of the site so maybe we should focus more on what we are doing on the site now and what will come in the future.. rather than what the site was in the past? :)

Also somehow it feels.. not right to have people mentioned by name - except for Arweb. Becaue this has been a team work all the way. And for example the coding team is not really working as a team at the moment and even though some people have contributed with something tangible like forum skin or a guestbook, the overall decisions have been made through discussions with many people involved...
I know we talked about whether to thank people or not in the beginning of the revival but from what I gathered most people seemed to agree that they didn't need special recognition... but things may have changed.. so opinions on that? :)

For me personally.. I haven't contributed with a single thing that you could put my name on and yet I am being mentioned. :teehee: But even if I did make a button or some coding work or what have you, I still wouldn't feel like being mentioned.. because I think we ought to honour the team effort... And I guess I think the basic idea is that this Revival is an ongoing process which everyone can take part in whenever they wish so individuals aren't as important as the team..

But I'm rambling here... what are people's opinions on this?

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2011, 1:45 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

[I apologise for going off-topic here, but I just want to continue what Ea is saying]

I do agree with Ea with what she says about the revival page. I think like she said, we need a page explaining the revival and what we expect to happen, but I think the past history doesn't well... necessarily paint the forum or the site in a good light, in as much as we all know it happened and it's part of AU, but the average Joe vistor doesn't need to know quite so much, if you know what I mean? I don't think he needs to know our events have been non-existant but things are getting better... he just needs to know our forum is great right now! :kick:

I also think crediting people isn't really important either, mainly because a) the involvement will change over time and b) there are so many people who have contributed already you'd have to name them all, and as none of us are doing this to be named and known, it would seem better just to make sure (as you already have done, which is very important) that visitors know AU is a real community now of volunteers and is helped along by members.

I don't want to sound picky or anything, and I do think it's great that you just went off and did something without waiting for a big debate and you got it done, but I just thought I'd throw this out there anyway.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2011, 12:15 am 

[Quick response because of lateness, not anger. ;) ]

Good thoughts. I wanted to know what people thought about mentions and such, but I also wanted to finish the page. So I just put it up. I'll change it when I have some free time.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2011, 2:05 am 
Welcomator
Welcomator

No problem. :-)

Just glad you had the initiative to do it as it probably wouldn't have got done otherwise, it's good to get something about the revival up and running on AU. I know some questions have been asked on the tagboard regarding the revival so maybe a Q&A regarding what people can expect might be an idea, as there have been comments about this that and the other. Hope you're enjoying yourself where ever it is you are. It must be awesome as it is in teh USA. :teehee:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2011, 7:23 am 

Yup, Nurr I think it's wonderful that you made a Revival page for us. :)
And if you need any help in writing I've got some time and I know Larael has offered up her time too, so there are other people available if you need help.

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2011, 2:55 pm 

That would be great, if you wanted to write up something Ea! :) I'll just edit it for now to have the bit about donations and a bare minimum "we run it now".

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2