Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Contact
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2012, 3:47 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Johnny's Fan wrote:
I will definitely send you the details but at the moment it seems a bit pointless as we cannot reply to any email or even send an email.

I have just googled the phrase I'm getting - there was an error. Validation failed for *insert our email address* - and my head is swimming. I don't know what kind of system Horde email is, but it seems a lot of buisness are using it, and lots of techno wizards as well, judging by the reponses and questions I am reading.

I have tried a few suggestions that I've read, but when people say you need to change %*($@h42718%^, they may as well be speaking Japanese. I don't think there is anything I can do with this. :-(

But until something works out, I can at least read emails and if I have to, I can respond with my own email address for now. The most important thing is that people can contact us if they need to. :-)

JF, I checked out the problem after Ea alerted me to what was going on. Looks like there was an issue with the "Full Name" field being set to Arwen-Undomiel.com - probably something about the .com in there. I changed it to "A-U Staff" and the error message disappeared. You're welcome to change the field (Options > Global Options > Personal Information > Your full name) and experiment to see what does or does not produce an error message. Hope that helps!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2012, 4:23 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Thanks a lot Arweb and also to you Ea - I would have contacted you but I've spent the past few days wrestling with Christmas decorations. :P

Thanks for fixing the problem, it looked like I would have had to change stuff, and I didn't really understand or feel comfortable doing that in case I made it worse. :-)

I will probably leave it as you have set it. If it ain't broke don't fix it (especially if Arweb has made it work in the first place). ;)

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 27th, 2012, 1:32 am 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Just to update that the email is working fine for me now. :-)

Also I am just wondering at the moment who else is checking the emails? Because I'm a bit confused as the emails are being opened but not all of them responded to? And I've only just realised how to know when someone has resoponded so I was unsure if I'd be sending a reply twice to the same person. :duh:

Whoever it is though, thanks for replying to the Elvish question, I was like.. :-o ... so it saved me having to pass it on to an expert. ;)

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW