All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 14th, 2009, 4:42 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

^I agree with that.

Will wrote:
Haldir of Lórien wrote:
^That's exactly what I'm talking about. I don't think it seems fair for people to automatically say that they would not be good for the role just because of their "reputation" outside of that role. It's stupid and judgmental. I think they ought to have an equal shot at it, just like everyone else.

I don't think it's fair that you are calling people stupid and judgemental. Everyone here is just expressing their own opinion, there's no need to call those which you don't agree with 'stupid' or anything like that. It gives a negative tone in the discussion and I find it quite disturbing. So please respect everyone's opinion. Thanks. :)

That's ALL you managed to get from that. Very clever.
/facepalm

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 12th, 2010, 8:04 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I have no idea whi this Jedward is, but can I just say that from what I have heard the fans were outraged at some of the casting choices for LotR. I wasn't around at the time, but I know I'd be upset if I knew the the ditzy Liv Tyler was Arwen, that the very American Sean Astin was Sam and the rather odd and occasionally ditzy Elijah Wood was Frodo. As it was I had no idea who these people were when I watched the movies and I love the cast. I'm glad I wasn't prejudiced. So I guess we just have to trust the people who do the casting, they seem to know what they're doing.

Edit: I hope I don't offend people with what I said here. I love all the cast but one must admit that Liv does seem a bit ditzy when not in character, I have nothing against Americans but I wouldn't have thought Sean up to the job of coming so completely into the role and Lij is a bit of a nutter, but I mean it in the nicest and fondest way :)