Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DoS TE DVD/Blu-ray Release Date
PostPosted: February 11th, 2014, 7:14 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Good news folks, the DVD/Blu-ray release date for the TE edition of DoS is set for April 8th in the US/Canada:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Hobbi ... ray/96703/

The above link is for the 3D Limited Edition Collector's Gift Set. Since the 3D combo pack has Thorin on the cover, this is the version that I'll be getting. Since it also contains the DVD, I'll still be able to watch it, due to the fact that I still can't afford to upgrade to Blu-ray (maybe by the time the Extended Edition is out, who knows). If the 2-disc Collector's Edition DVD has the same bonus features as the one for AUJ, I'm good, since I've seen most of the production diaries for DoS online (I'm usually the one that posts the links to them). :)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: DoS TE DVD/Blu-ray Release Date
PostPosted: February 11th, 2014, 7:44 pm 
Ent
Ent

That's pretty cool. I wonder when the release date is for EU. More specifically, UK.

♥ Married to Thranduil, 22 April 2014 ♥

Lónannûniel, Queen of the Woodland Realm ♦

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 15th, 2014, 8:14 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

^The release date for the UK is April 7th. No fair that you get it before anybody else does. Oh well, it's only an extra day in my neck of the woods. ;-)

Here's a list of the bonus features on the Blu-ray/DVD:

THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG LIVE EVENT: IN THE CUTTING ROOM [37m 49s]
NEW ZEALAND: HOME OF MIDDLE EARTH PART 2
MUSIC VIDEO: ED SHEERAN - I SEE FIRE
PETER JACKSON INVITES YOU TO THE SET
PETER JACKSON INVITES YOU TO THE SET: ALL IN A DAY'S WORK
PRODUCTION VIDEOS:
11: INTRODUCTION TO PICK UPS SHOOTING [8m 41s]
12: RECAP OF PICK-UPS PART 1 [7m 58s]
13: RECAP OF PICK-UPS PART 2 [8m 22s]
14: MUSIC SCORING [9m 59s]

Also:

Limited Edition Collector’s Gift Set Includes:
Two Gates of Erebor Guards premium bookends exclusively created by The Noble Collection (not available to purchase elsewhere)
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug on 3D Blu-ray Combo Pack with Depth Lenticular Packaging
Each package individually numbered as part of limited 25K production run.

Like originally planned, I'll be getting the 3D Blu-ray/DVD combo pack (I can't resist having Thorin on the cover), even though I don't technically have a Blu-ray player yet (since I'd also have to buy a 3D TV to go with it). Walmart sometimes sells the whole package: 47" to 55" inch 3D television, 3D Blu-ray player and four pairs of 3D glasses similar to those used in theaters, so I'll be watching if they do this again (which will be probably be closer to the holiday season). I have a few other Blu-rays already, since I also bought the Limited Edition 3D Blu-ray/DVD combo pack for On Stranger Tides (the latest movie in the PotC franchise) and a good friend of mine bought me the LOTR Trilogy Extended Edition Box set for Christmas (luckily, the bonus discs are on DVD and I still have my DVD set). :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 8th, 2014, 11:44 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

I picked up my copy this morning & the movie in blu ray is just absolutely stunning!!!

sadly i have to go back to the store tomorrow & trade for another copy because my extras disc won't play. This may sound wierd but they left the actualy disc out of it & it's just the front part of the dvd cause you can see right thru the back. Hopefully mine is just one in a million but you may want to make sure your extras dvd works correctly..

But I will say again the movie is unreal, as much as I love the High Frame rate at the theatres this blu ray just gives a picture like no other, especially in Mirkwood & Laketown wich is where I'm at now, can't wait to see Smaug in blu ray!

PostPosted: April 13th, 2014, 4:56 pm 

Too bad there's still nothing about a release date for the extended edition.. As much as I'd like to see the movie again I'll certainly wait for the EE! Otherwise it wouldn't match the LotR EE and first Hobbit EE I got :lol: And I also wouldn't miss out on the extra behind-the-scenes documentaries that come with an EE.

PostPosted: April 13th, 2014, 11:25 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Lhunardaien wrote:
Too bad there's still nothing about a release date for the extended edition.. As much as I'd like to see the movie again I'll certainly wait for the EE! Otherwise it wouldn't match the LotR EE and first Hobbit EE I got :lol: And I also wouldn't miss out on the extra behind-the-scenes documentaries that come with an EE.

I think the first Hobbit EE came out around 1st of November last year so I'd guess about same timing.
. I always buy all the copies but one thing I am really hoping for is that there is more than just 13 minutes of extra footage. I enjoyed the 13 minutes they gave us but I'd like to see extra footage like in the LOTR EE's. If I'm not mistaken the least was about 30 minutes of extra footage on FOTR. I'd love to see at least 30 extra minutes on DoS, that would be so cool!!!

PostPosted: April 18th, 2014, 11:43 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I finally got my copy! That cover image of Thorin is gorgeous (as it should be), so I'm glad I stuck with the original plan after all. I always buy both versions, but I don't always keep both versions (though I'll have to this year, since there's no way I'm getting rid of that picture of Thorin). Wait another seven months to see Thorin in DoS again? Unheard of! If I want to see a movie I like (or love) again, I go see it. Why wait? And I'm pretty sure the Extended Edition will be released sometime in November, just like last year. I wonder who will be on the cover of the 3D version? I think it should be Smaug. It was Gandalf and Bilbo for AUJ, so for DoS, I think it should be Thorin and Smaug. I guess we'll find out soon enough. :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 29th, 2022, 3:57 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

So, it's the new year! And you have to make some resolutions. Here you check this https://www.wellingtondemolition.co.nz and get more new ways for ideas. These New Year Style Resolutions might help you out a lot on how to improve in your style, so here I share them with you below.

PostPosted: December 5th, 2023, 11:38 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

That's a wonderful helping of data. The fact that you just shared this knowledge with us is very much appreciated. Please continue vex 3 informing us in this manner. It's quite helpful to have this information.