Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "Hobbit romance spoiler" from the Hobbit News app
PostPosted: June 10th, 2012, 12:55 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

So I have this app on my Ipod, Hobbit News, it gives you the latest updates on the Hobbit movies. I just checked it to find an article about a "Hobbit romance spoiler" and thought I'd share it with all of you. It is a bit of a spoiler so you might not want to read, but I don't think its that important to not read it. I'll put some space here hopefully to help you avoid seeing it if you don't want to read it.

"Kili's part has been expanded from the novel; as well as chasing treasure, he's also pursuing female elf Tauriel. But is he setting his sights too high? 'I guess he knows nothing can ever happen,' he explains. 'She's about 20ft tall and he's only two!'"

Don't know who the he is who is explaining.

I have to say, I facepalmed pretty hard. Besides the gross inaccuracies in heights (I get the joke) it seems that they made up a character just to put in a love story. Honestly hate the whole thing.

How do all of you feel?

"What? In riddles? No! For I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to." -Gandalf

Post subject: Re: "Hobbit romance spoiler" from the Hobbit News app
PostPosted: June 10th, 2012, 2:13 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

OH hell, how annoying! Just stick do the story!! There's ENOUGH going on within this one book that already won't be able to be crammed into two films. What's the use of adding this entire sub-storyline that has no relevance to the story whatsoever?

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 10th, 2012, 3:41 pm 

It doesn't seem too bad. Before we freak out and run to vomit in the sink (I got half-way there), remember he says "nothing will ever come of it," so let's be grateful for that! It might even be kind of cute if they don't make too much of it, and if it's true that they didn't make up the character just to have a story-arc with Kili.

Also, the original source is a rather trashy celebrity magazine, so there's a possibility it's just gossipy patter.

PostPosted: June 10th, 2012, 4:41 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

Personally, it just bothers me that film producers feel the need to force any bit of romance into everything, whether or not it belongs there. I guess that's why movies like The Avengers are so successful and well-received... no romance where it isn't necessary.

I sure hope it's just false gossip... :erm:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 10th, 2012, 5:09 pm 
Elf
Elf

Saw this news in Total Film too, so could possibly be true. I think I vaguely remember PJ saying that Tauriel was someone's love interest, but only said that said person wasn't Legolas, so it's not the most surprising news.

Whilst I agree it's an unnecessary addition, I think it could be quite entertaining if it's done well. I personally hope it pans out along the lines of Legolas and Gimli's relationship in LotR, with a little bit of friendly banter it could work. It would be really inappropriate if they tried to make it something more 'emotional' like Gimli's admiration of Galadriel.

On more of a book purist point I do find a bit of a shame that they're adding another elf/dwarf story line, as it detracts a little from the importance of Legolas and Gimli's friendship.

I also initially thought it might be an overly simplistic way of showing how the dwarves, men and elves reach an understanding at the end of the story, but then I remember Kili dies in the book :/

PostPosted: June 10th, 2012, 8:56 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Haldir wrote:
Personally, it just bothers me that film producers feel the need to force any bit of romance into everything, whether or not it belongs there. I guess that's why movies like The Avengers are so successful and well-received... no romance where it isn't necessary.

I sure hope it's just false gossip... :erm:

This is pretty much how I feel. I think that the movie should go along with the book with only tweeks and minor changes to make everything make sense and fit as a movie, not with entire sub-plots made up because they're trying to appeal to new people or whatever their goal is.

"What? In riddles? No! For I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to." -Gandalf

PostPosted: June 10th, 2012, 8:57 pm 

Actually, I can see how this might be kind of cute--and trust me, I wouldn't say that lightly. Has anyone ever had a tiny little middle school boy flirt with them? That happened to me a few weeks ago, and I was like "hon, this is never going to happen. I'm amused, but no. Just no." :P Kili's young and let's face it, inappropriate/unrealistic crushes are typical for teenage boys. ;)

If it's anything more than that, though (and I don't think that it will be, to be honest), then I'll have a problem. Anyway, if it means we're spared a Legolas romance, then I'm all for it. :P

PostPosted: June 11th, 2012, 10:28 pm 

^ That's kind of how I could see it too. Gives it a bit of an unrequited love feel, which I admit I'm a sucker for. It could also fill some time while the dwarves are stuck in the prison in Mirkwood. If you think about it, it could be a means to keep the dwarves on screen and interesting, so you don't completely forget about them while Bilbo's scrounging for food trying to think of a way to get them out. I could accept it then as serving a story-telling purpose, if it isn't too sappy and over-dramatic and there isn't too much of it. Then it would just be inappropriate to the spirit of the book.

PostPosted: October 7th, 2013, 12:56 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

In the film legolas is meant to have grown fond of tauriel

PostPosted: October 7th, 2013, 8:02 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

I knew about it for a while now, I don't mind it, is a comic relief

PostPosted: October 9th, 2013, 9:17 pm 
Istari
Istari

EDIT:
I didn't mind it like i thought i would. One scene was a wee bit awkward, but other than that, it was kind of cute :)

Last edited by EmmaSwan on January 9th, 2014, 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 28th, 2022, 4:10 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

We've been asked more than once for spoiler information about the romance in Here you check this https://www.roofpaintingauckland.co.nz/ and get more new ways for roof cleaning. An Unexpected Journey. Here are all the details we know, the actors involved and links to other sites with more spoilers!