Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 6:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2007, 8:53 pm 
Ent
Ent

Haldir o Lórien wrote:
Says Greg Wright::

Quote:
The added bonus? Added roles for Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn, Liv Tyler as Arwen, Hugo Weaving as Elrond, Cate Blanchett as Galadriel, and Orlando Bloom as Legolas — maybe even John Rhys-Davies as Gimli. All of these characters were alive during the period of The Hobbit, and were certainly active during the period between the two tales. Heck, we might even get a major role for Craig Parker again as Haldir, which would make his subsequent death in The Two Towers all that more poignant.

From TheOneRing.net

:jawdrop: You are my hero, Haldir o Lórien :hug:. That's good news. Very good news, indeed :-D.

Aerandir wrote:
Oooh, thanks Haldir. I don't go to TOR all that frequently, so I hadn't read that before.

I was thinking about Legolas in the Hobbit the other day, and I had a funny train of thought. I was thinking that if he was in the movie, they would probably give him a cool stunt. Then I was thinking, 'well, what would he do it on/off of?' and I thought of Beorn. I imagined Legolas riding around[standing] on Beorn (while Beorn is in bear form) shooting Goblins. Then the thought continued--what if Mirkwood's entire army was trained like Legolas? The battlefield took on a very hectic look in my mind--dozens of elves hanging off of Beorn shooting goblins, or jumping from rock to rock pulling all sorts of crazy stunts. I practically died laughing.

That made my day, Aerandir :laughbounce:. You're hilarious. I like that idea :P.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 7th, 2007, 7:08 am 
Vala
Vala

Thanks, Elwing. :) I thought it was a rather humorous idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 7th, 2007, 1:49 pm 
Elf
Elf

Haldir o Lórien wrote:

Quote:
The added bonus? Added roles for Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn, Liv Tyler as Arwen, Hugo Weaving as Elrond, Cate Blanchett as Galadriel, and Orlando Bloom as Legolas — maybe even John Rhys-Davies as Gimli. All of these characters were alive during the period of The Hobbit, and were certainly active during the period between the two tales. Heck, we might even get a major role for Craig Parker again as Haldir, which would make his subsequent death in The Two Towers all that more poignant.

From TheOneRing.net

that is really cool and alot of good news! o and gimli!!!! omgoodness! any news on gandalf? i will be so crushed if it wasn't ian mckellen!! gandalf jus wouldn't be the same!

Aerandir wrote:
Oooh, thanks Haldir. I don't go to TOR all that frequently, so I hadn't read that before.

I was thinking about Legolas in the Hobbit the other day, and I had a funny train of thought. I was thinking that if he was in the movie, they would probably give him a cool stunt. Then I was thinking, 'well, what would he do it on/off of?' and I thought of Beorn. I imagined Legolas riding around[standing] on Beorn (while Beorn is in bear form) shooting Goblins. Then the thought continued--what if Mirkwood's entire army was trained like Legolas? The battlefield took on a very hectic look in my mind--dozens of elves hanging off of Beorn shooting goblins, or jumping from rock to rock pulling all sorts of crazy stunts. I practically died laughing.

omgoodnes!!! :lol: that is too funny!!!

Hannon Le,everyone for the banners! :)
Married Khamûl on January the 26th, 2007:bones:

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 7th, 2007, 9:52 pm 
Ent
Ent

Lady of Taniquetil wrote:
Haldir o Lórien wrote:

Quote:

From TheOneRing.net

that is really cool and alot of good news! o and gimli!!!! omgoodness! any news on gandalf? i will be so crushed if it wasn't ian mckellen!! gandalf jus wouldn't be the same!

Aerendir wrote:

omgoodnes!!! :lol: that is too funny!!!

I completely agree, Lady of Taniquetil. Ian McKellan is the only one who can play Gandalf. He's an amazing actor :).

Isn't Aerendir hilarious? I give you a trophy for that :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2007, 3:06 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

wauw would be wonderfull :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 7th, 2007, 5:53 pm 
Ent
Ent

Ardanwen wrote:
wauw would be wonderfull :-D
'

Sorry, Ardanwen, but I don't quite understand what you're saying :blush:.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 7th, 2007, 9:39 pm 
Istari
Istari

Haldir o Lórien wrote:

Quote:

From TheOneRing.net

Uh....so there is going to be a Hobbit the movie for sure? Do they have a date to start filming yet? Ooh, and all the above listed are going to be in it...I mean according to Greg Wright, correct? Sorry...slow on the up date here and well...I really should check here Way more often. Well, um thanks for the information.

Elwing_Star_Spray, Well I do see what you are saying. I guess that I just feel differently about it though. Thank you for putting your opinion so respectfuly. :-D I supose that we shall just have to agree to disagree on this one though.

Destiny I'm a Christian boycrazy girl. Will Turner's wife ^&? Image Image Avatar by JF, banners by Taurquende, Nurrantiel Mashiara, Silme Meleth TarNymphadora, and JF taught me how to use banners. Thanks to all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 8th, 2007, 7:52 pm 
Ent
Ent

Drew's Destiny wrote:
Haldir o Lórien wrote:

Quote:

From TheOneRing.net

Uh....so there is going to be a Hobbit the movie for sure? Do they have a date to start filming yet? Ooh, and all the above listed are going to be in it...I mean according to Greg Wright, correct? Sorry...slow on the up date here and well...I really should check here Way more often. Well, um thanks for the information.

Elwing_Star_Spray, Well I do see what you are saying. I guess that I just feel differently about it though. Thank you for putting your opinion so respectfuly. :-D I supose that we shall just have to agree to disagree on this one though.

I myself don't know for sure if there is going to be a The Hobbit movie for sure, Drew's Destiny. I do hope so, though :). Oh, no problem :). Just one question, though: What exactly are we disagreeing on :blush:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 8th, 2007, 7:54 pm 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

Hmm... I wouldn't really want Legolas to be in it. The Hobbit is about Bilbo, Gandalf, and the dwarves...not Legolas. (And I don't remember him in the book.)

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 8th, 2007, 7:56 pm 
Ent
Ent

smeagollum wrote:
Hmm... I wouldn't really want Legolas to be in it. The Hobbit is about Bilbo, Gandalf, and the dwarves...not Legolas. (And I don't remember him in the book.)

I see your point, smeagollum. I don't remember Legolas being mentioned in The Hobbit, either. Does anyone here remember?

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 8th, 2007, 8:27 pm 
Istari
Istari

Elwing_Star_Spray, okay. Well, thank you for letting me in on what you know about the possable production of the Hobbit. Um, about Legolas being in the Hobbit. lol :-D
Well I read it in December and kept an eye out for any mention of Legolas...there was not a one to be found. It mentioned his father Several times but it never actualy mentioned him. :(

Destiny I'm a Christian boycrazy girl. Will Turner's wife ^&? Image Image Avatar by JF, banners by Taurquende, Nurrantiel Mashiara, Silme Meleth TarNymphadora, and JF taught me how to use banners. Thanks to all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 10th, 2007, 7:57 pm 
Ent
Ent

Drew's Destiny wrote:
Elwing_Star_Spray, okay. Well, thank you for letting me in on what you know about the possable production of the Hobbit. Um, about Legolas being in the Hobbit. lol :-D
Well I read it in December and kept an eye out for any mention of Legolas...there was not a one to be found. It mentioned his father Several times but it never actualy mentioned him. :(

You're welcome, Drew's Destiny :).

Maybe we're looking at this the wrong way. The Hobbit doesn't need Legolas, although he is a great character, to be a good movie. The Hobbit will be able to stand on its own, and we will all love it, no matter who's in it or not :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2007, 10:08 pm 
Elf
Elf

I'm sure Legolas would have played a key role in the hobbit, except Tolkien hadn't invented him yet. But personally, I would love the hobbit movie with Orlando as Legolas, and Ian as Gandalf. People will mob and kill if a hobbit movie comes out and it's NOT that way. I'm sure of it.

~Extreme Evanescent~

~Claimed Elladan July 03, 2007~ :3

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2007, 3:37 pm 
Ent
Ent

~Miriel~ wrote:
I'm sure Legolas would have played a key role in the hobbit, except Tolkien hadn't invented him yet. But personally, I would love the hobbit movie with Orlando as Legolas, and Ian as Gandalf. People will mob and kill if a hobbit movie comes out and it's NOT that way. I'm sure of it.

I agree, ~Miriel~. Legolas, according to his age, may have been alive during The Hobbit, but Tolkien hadn't yet created him. I would love to see a Hobbit movie done according to the Hobbit book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 9th, 2007, 12:43 pm 
Elf
Elf

With Legolas... :bye:

Seriously, that would be so cute! He could be the one to feed the dwarves when they're in their cells. He could be kind of cold to them, but you would see that he was starting to soften.

Or maybe he could find Bilbo and help him out by exchanging the regular wine with the dorwinion wine that made the guards fall asleep.

~Extreme Evanescent~

~Claimed Elladan July 03, 2007~ :3

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 11th, 2007, 5:44 pm 
Ent
Ent

~Miriel~ wrote:
With Legolas... :bye:

Seriously, that would be so cute! He could be the one to feed the dwarves when they're in their cells. He could be kind of cold to them, but you would see that he was starting to soften.

Or maybe he could find Bilbo and help him out by exchanging the regular wine with the dorwinion wine that made the guards fall asleep.

I think you're saying something along the line of a cameo for Legolas, ~Miriel~. I still stick to what I have said before: I would enjoy a Hobbit movie done according to the book, how it was meant to be flmed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next