Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: What Will Need to be Different about "The Hobbit&qu
PostPosted: November 4th, 2006, 7:26 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Chaleins of Norbury wrote:
If the movie gets made in the next 5 years, there will need to be at least some changes from the book narrative to make it blend with Jackson's existing trilogy. Obviously casting will be quite different, although Ian McKellen, Andy Serkis (as Gollum) and Hugo Weaving are nearly a must at this point.

In terms of the story. I've often wondered if we will see some of the White Council discussions about the Necromancer. Maybe a little more of that subplot, to give the movie a "foreshadowing" of events in LOTR.

Maybe we'll even get to see some kind of flashback of Thrain and Gandalf in Dol Guldur? It might be a distraction from the simpler linear story line, but it would be great to see that in an Extended Hobbit edition.

I think that those would be really cool to have in the movie. I would LOVE to see what the White Council and something about the Necromancer. And it would be really neat to see Thorin's father! Even if he would be nearly dead... but it would be so cool.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1090576/ be sure to check out my LOTR stories!
Image I'm not obsessed, honest, not obsessed, not obsessed.... I LOVE LOTR!!!!!!!!! Okay, maybe I am obsessed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 27th, 2007, 5:30 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

One of the things I hope they will NOT do is put any of the LOTR characters into it that wouldn't normally be in the Hobbit story line. For instance, putting Legolas in for the sake of having him at the Battle of Five Armies or something. I could accept an Arwen or Legolas cameo, maybe even a view of a young Aragorn, but I wouldn't want them to take any active role in the story line.

There's just so much you can cram into one film anyway.