Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Depressing thing that I don't Know if i should even brin
PostPosted: December 30th, 2011, 4:43 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Arabella Baggins wrote:
I agree, you have to really look for them to spot them. Things in the EE like Elijah and Sean accidentally switching places for a second you don't notice unless you're watching the screen instead of the story. If that makes any sense whatsoever.

Totally makes sense. I pulled out the movies to re-watch recently and noticed some subtle 'blurry-ness' on the edge of Gollum's eyelids in the 'Smeagol Dead Marshes' scene. But I was tired and not paying attention. A week later my cousin came round and wanted to watch it, more refreshed, this time I really looked 'in' to Gollum's eyes and man, the performance is 110% there. It's actually pretty amazing still.

Lithôniel wrote:
Yep, or Eomer's creepy face in TTT when the small group ride to the top of a hill to look out over the plains, caught that one, took me a few years...

Ya know, I actually went and had a look at this just the other day, I thought it was the part where Gandalf arrives at Helms Deep at the end of the battle. It's the scene where Gandalf talks about Sauron's wrath? Yeh. Totally not Eomer...

As for the scale effects, the 3D shooting means that a lot of the force perspective shooting tricks don't work anymore. :-( I hear they're getting Ian to stand on a lot of boxes though. :-D

Arabella, I recently got a whopping 23inch monitor, tis awesome as. Anyway, this is what I've been watching my DVDs on (even if I have to blow them up, need some part upgrades before I get a blu-ray,) but I noticed three new things! You can really see how they've played with halo light effects and contrast in the scene between Galadriel and Aragorn when she talks about him rising up as King, then, later, when she's standing in the boat as it slowly moves towards camera out of the mist. Way back in the background in the mist you can see a crew member crouching on the far bank. :lol: I think he must have been one of the boat controllers or something, lol. In Faramir's charge against Osgiliath in RotK (I think) you can see a bright green towel peeking out of a Gondorian saddle blanket! :goofy: It's right in close to camera too!

I too, am a massive SW fan. :-D

~Old lurker from '06 crawling back for another adventure.~

You may call me Cazz. :-D

PostPosted: January 10th, 2012, 12:36 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Lithôniel wrote:
^ I very much agree with you, the films effects aren't gettin old, they are aging well!

The films are like fine wines that get better with age. They're beautiful, though sometimes bitter. It gathers people to appreciate it's beauty, but lost on those who can't see it. There are those who spend their time and lives studying different parts of it. Where it came from, who made it, how to enjoy it best. In the end finding that there's no secret recipe or gadget required just a love of great things.

http://roleplayultimum.proboards.com/index.cgi

http://kyototig.posterous.com/shop-bann ... nd-baubles

PostPosted: February 25th, 2012, 11:33 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Location: Somewhere where there's free pumkin spice coffees. HAPPY AUTUMN!

After watching it soo many times, you start to watch it more and more carefully,so you notice those things.

Avatar http://www.lunaii-dollmaker.com/dollmaker