Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 1st, 2006, 9:56 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Gandalf falling was a telling blow to the fellowship, and Frodo, to me, had the most heart rending expression when Aragorn called him, and he slowly turned to look at him.

Another painful death scene was the death of Haldir in TTT. I felt very moved, and saddened by the loss of so much knowledge, and memory torn away.

Translation of the blade.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2006, 11:44 am 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

That is one of the most heart-wrenching scenes from any film ever. The music was so beautifully fitting that it made it even more sad. I loved the fact that nearly everyone was comforting someone - Merry and Pippin were heart breaking to watch. And poor Sam just completely broke down. The effect Gandalf's death had on people was more emotional than Gandalf's actual death scene.

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 30th, 2006, 10:23 pm 
Elf
Elf

Yeah! the very first time i saw the movie, i loved gandalf and he was my fav character from the beginning, i dunno why, but when he died....i thought he was gone forever!!!! and the scene where the fellowship is crying and comforting one-another.......WOW! heart-breaking sadness! i loved that scene and the music fit it very good! :)

Hannon Le,everyone for the banners! :)
Married Khamûl on January the 26th, 2007:bones:

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 15th, 2007, 10:49 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

It's a very sad scene.. the music made it even more sad. Seeing everyone so confuzed was heartbreaking...

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 16th, 2007, 12:47 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

That was a very depressing scene, and I found it quite sad. The first time I watched this, my eyes welled up with tears and I started sniffing. The most hear-breaking reaction to me was Pippin, who was lying on the ground sobbing and mouthing Gandalf's name. Pippin is one of my favorite charaters, and to see him not being his usual silly self, made my heart shatter.

We will walk in bitter rain
But in dreams
I can still hear your name
And in dreams
We will meet again
When the seas and mountains fall
And we come to end of days
In the dark I hear a call
Calling me there
I will go there
And Back again

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 16th, 2007, 8:21 am 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Well i can just agree with all of you. I didn't cry but it was kinda touching. Especially the music made it so sad... and the look in Frodos eyes...

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 16th, 2007, 3:54 pm 
Vala
Vala

Well, actually watching Gandalf fall wasn't that bad--it was outside the gates of Moria that it got heart-wrenching. I believe (it's kind of hard to remember) that when I first watched it nearly six years ago now, I might have teared up a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 16th, 2007, 8:43 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

I think I felt the worst for Legolas because of the expression on his face when he was trying to deal with Gandalf's death poor Legolas.

I am currently looking for someone who likes 1 on 1 Lord Of The Rings rp's through pm's. Want details? Drop me a pm....

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2007, 4:52 am 
Vala
Vala

I've always felt worst for Frodo--his expression is the most heart-breaking of them all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2007, 9:26 am 

^I agree Aerandir. The first couple of times when I watched the movies I had the impression that Frodo feels like killing Aragorn right on the spot in that scene, the look in Frodo's eyes as he turns around and looks back at Aragorn, who had just told them the have to leave. Well, not kill him for real, but just the first thought that seems to cross his mind, because of the heavy grief he is not able to express there.
Now when I watched it last time, I don't think there is any hatred in Frodo's eyes.. just the grief... or if he is expressing hate, it would be towards the goblins and the quest and the whole situation...

Also... I think Aragorn proves his worth as a leader in that scene. He was probably closest to Gandalf and understood in depth what loosing him really would come to mean for them all, and yet he manages to harden himself and be rational and get the others going, even though they couldn't care less about their own security at that time!

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2007, 10:34 am 
Vala
Vala

Location: somewhere sympathy is more than just a way of leaving

I also agree with Aerandir and Ea that Frodo's reaction was most emotional. The look in Frodo's eyes when he screamed, "Gandalf! No!" was absolutely heartbreaking. And afterwards, outside Moria, when Aragorn tells them they have to go, Frodo turns around and you can see the tears on his face and the look in his eyes is just so.... sad and lost and scared. Admittedly, the reactions of the rest of the fellowship were very emotional too, but I've always felt Frodo's reaction most keenly, maybe because he's my favorite character.

I also agree with you, Ea, that Aragorn really showed his leadership after Gandalf had died. He was just as sad as any of them, and probably more so than most because he had been good friends with Gandalf. Yet he remains rational, he' sad but he doesn't wallow in it. He does what's best for the fellowship, and he does what he knows is best for them even though they disagree with him. They all want to stay behind and grieve, but Aragorn knows that they're not safe. He forces them to move on. To me this would have to take a lot of strength as a person, courage, and selflessness on Aragorn's part, and those are some of the key qualities that make him such a good leader.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2007, 11:52 am 
Vala
Vala

I definitely agree with the two of you about Aragorn--he did know Gandalf the best, and yet he knew that he couldn't mourn him, or at least, not at that time. It just proves his strength of will yet again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2007, 3:26 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I agree with what everyone has said about Aragorn's reaction. He had to stay strong because he was now the leader, and had the most experience of all of them. I think part of why Aragorn wasn't that crushed was because he had seen more death than the others. Or at least he should have, considering who he is. :bounce:

We will walk in bitter rain
But in dreams
I can still hear your name
And in dreams
We will meet again
When the seas and mountains fall
And we come to end of days
In the dark I hear a call
Calling me there
I will go there
And Back again

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2007, 3:31 pm 
Vala
Vala

Actually, Legolas might have seen more death--he was older than Aragorn, after all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2007, 3:34 pm 

True Lady Imidri... but this wasn't just another random casualty.. this was the loss of a really old and close friend. Gandalf had always supported Aragorn and believed in him, I believe Aragorn must have gone to Gandalf many imes for advice as well. But I agree with you that Aragorn was probably able to seal off his emotions at that crucial moment in order to make the right decisions, because of what he had seen and done before in his life as a ranger. :angel:

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Last edited by on February 17th, 2007, 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2007, 3:39 pm 
Vala
Vala

Yeah--it is stated as a fact that Aragorn knew Gandalf best of the Fellowship--as Frodo says, "No one really ever knew him, except for Aragorn...[/i] or something like that. So those two were closest.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next