Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Do you agree with this plan for forum organisation?
Yes 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
No 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 8
 Post subject: Re: AU Revival: Forum Organisation
PostPosted: April 17th, 2011, 12:07 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

I just think maybe we are over-complicating all this, when you think eventually, there will be perhaps bigger things to deal with.

As I still thinkwe are really discussing the not too active (but still I think necessary forums in their way), rather than go through a trail period of whether (for example) we have no Your Site, and instead have Non-LOTR and LOTR forums... we just make the decision. I don't know how well a trail would work. Unlike Films & TV, where people post everyday and there would soon be shouts if that boards was deleted, it might take a while longer before we notice some impacts this "trial" might have. It may be the new users who suffer having to place their sites into categories.

And while the board might look neater, if the RPG'ers say they need both the New Characters and also Help, then no one who isn't an RPG'er should have an opinion on that as we don't understand their needs and how difficult that would make it for them. So, if Will and Co, think they need them to stay the same, that's fine with me.

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 17th, 2011, 12:28 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Ellie, I posted my post in response to Ea, I clicked send and went straight out into the garden to prune a bush with my mum. Obviously, you posted while I was typing mine (I can get my mum to post here to verfify that at 4.58 I was on AU typing as she was here with me) and no, I still haven't got used to even looking at the thing whatever it says, about someone else has posted and no, I just sent it, and closed AU.

I'll respond to the post you posted while I was typing mine when I have a free moment. This is clearly bad posting timing. :yes:

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 17th, 2011, 1:03 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

It is my belief that regardless if you call it a trial or not, it still is a trial when you're adding or removing things. The only thing is that the moderators will be able to observe and make changes accordingly rather than waiting for us to scream and yell and whine. Also it isn't like the old times where we had wait for bated breath for the mods do anything. They're quite active now and if there is a problem or a suggestion that makes sense, they will make changes accordingly.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 17th, 2011, 1:05 pm 

Johnny's Fan wrote:

And while the board might look neater, if the RPG'ers say they need both the New Characters and also Help, then no one who isn't an RPG'er should have an opinion on that as we don't understand their needs and how difficult that would make it for them. So, if Will and Co, think they need them to stay the same, that's fine with me.

I can put up a poll in the RPG section with this question, to check out what the opinion of the other RPGers is (because I only stated my own thoughts and opinions) , as some of the mmight not take a look over here.

Perhaps this could also be done in other specific sections, where not all members usually post and where there is a dedicated group of posters. (Sites-section/games section) Isn't it an idea to let them vote in such cases and in others we just decide on what the general opinion is and like Eä said, we have a trial period to see how pleased everyone is with the result. :)

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

PostPosted: April 19th, 2011, 7:08 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Not to bring back up things that have already been resolved, but I just wanted to make clear what I meant with my last posts, as I haven't been able to post for a couple of days.

What I was saying is, since we're doing this big huge things already, we should, as far as we can, try and decide now on how things are to be organized, instead of postponing decision. I'm not at all afraid of change or of doing things later, all I'm saying is there's no point in waiting if it can be done now. If it turns out what we've decided doesn't work, of course we should go back and changing. Let's just not put it off because we can, is what I'm saying.

Also, Ellie, my comment to you was not a bait to get you to argue again. I have absolutely no wish to argue with you. It was more a case of my thinking out loud, or in writing, as it were. It seems to me you try your hardest not to agree with me, and it's becoming rather tiring. I'm sorry if I'm wrong, and if my way of expressing this was immature, but I'm sure you can understand that being constantly undermined gets kinda old. And now let's be done with that before things start to turn ugly again.

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4