Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Favourite Quote?
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2005, 9:36 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

What was ur fav. quote in TTT and who was it said by?
Mine was

Sam:"I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.

Frodo: What are we holding on to Sam?

Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for."

I CRY EVERYTIME I WATCH THAT SCENE!! :blush:

:bye2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2005, 10:58 pm 

OMG I cry through that whole scene too!!!!!!!!!!! It just gets me every time, its such a tear jerker!!!!!!!! It's my fave!!! :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2005, 10:23 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

For me it's a tie btwn that one and

Elrond: If Aragorn survives this war you will still be parted. If Sauron is defeated and Aragorn made King and all that you hope for comes true you will still have to taste the bitterness of mortality. Whether by the sword or the slow decay of time, Aragorn will die. And there will be no comfort for you, no comfort to ease the pain of his passing. He will come to death. An image of the splendor of the Kings of men in glory undimmed before the breaking of the world. But you, my daughter, you will linger on in darkness and in doubt. As nightfall in winter that comes without a star. Here you will dwell, bound to your grief under the fading trees. Until all the world is changed and the longs years of your life are utterly spent. Arwen. There is nothing for you here, only death.

:'(

Thanks to Ororuthiel for the banner.
Avi by Aly at http://www.pisgah.org/silver-glass/

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2005, 2:09 pm 

My fav quote is...

Legolas "Shall I describe it to you, or would you like me to find u a box?"

That is sooo funny, it cracks me up my Elf friends :laugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2005, 3:49 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Elf Lady Alane wrote:
My fav quote is...

Legolas "Shall I describe it to you, or would you like me to find u a box?"

That is sooo funny, it cracks me up my Elf friends :laugh:

Jah, I love that one two...
I like scenes where those two are "fighting" or just talking... :)

Maranwé

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2005, 5:38 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

I really liked the whole Edoras part of the film from where Gandalf released Theoden through to the scene at the tomb. My favourite line(s) is:

"He was strong in life. His spirit will find its way to the halls of your fathers. Westu hál. Ferðu, Théodred, ferðu."

Post subject: Re: Favourite Quote?
PostPosted: June 24th, 2005, 6:45 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

eowynshieldmaiden wrote:
What was ur fav. quote in TTT and who was it said by?
Mine was

Sam:"I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.

Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for."

I CRY EVERYTIME I WATCH THAT SCENE!! :blush:

:bye2:

Oh that was so sad! I didn't cry, but I particularly liked that scene. It's so moving. It is sad. And Faramir must have also been moved, since he then released Sam and Frodo. :bye2:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2005, 10:17 pm 

Oh Oh I remembered another of my faves!!!!!!

Frodo: I wish the ring had never come to me.......I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf:So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

Heres another one:

Fellowship in Lorien hear elves singing mournfully.....
Legolas:A lament for Gandalf.....
Merry:What do they say about him?
Legolas:I have not the heart to tell you. For me, the grief is still to near.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2005, 11:37 am 
The A-U Matriarch
The A-U Matriarch

"Shall I describe it to you, or would you like me to find you a box?"

:laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.*+I'VE MET ANTIGONE, MONTANABOHEMIAN, RAIVYNN PHOENIX, BERIADANWEN & PIRATEOFTHERINGS+*.

(¯`•¸·´¯`·._.·[TRUE VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE]·._.·´¯`·¸•´¯)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2005, 7:49 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

From my favorite scene

Aragorn:
You have some skill with the blade.
Éowyn:
The women of this country learned long ago that those without swords may still die upon them. I fear neither death nor pain.
Aragorn:
What do you fear my lady?
Éowyn:
A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them. And all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire.
Aragorn:
You are a daughter of kings. A shieldmaiden of Rohan. I do not think that will be your fate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2005, 9:46 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Well, there's a thread called Larael's Quotes to refer to - ummm, let's see, under which board was it? Oh no, Larael, I forgot!!!

Anyway, it has all her favorite quotes and the ones she especially liked. :bye2:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2005, 3:28 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I love Galadriel's huge speech when she's talking to Elrond through telepathy...

"The time of the Elves... is over. Do we leave Middle-earth to it's fate? Do we let them stand alone?"

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2005, 7:22 am 
Istari
Istari

Quote:

I love that one too! And the Legolas/Gimli parts make me laugh everytime.

The first time I saw TTT (theatrical version) I didn't like it as much as FotR or RotK. But due to the EE I begin to like it more everytime I watch it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2005, 7:25 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

"A new power is rising! It`s victory is at hand! Tonight the land will be spilled in the blood of rohan! March to Helms Deep, leave none alive! To war!!".....there will be no dawn for men...

that and grimas look got cold wawes running trough my spine in the movie theatre :-D

Let him call me a tyrant so cruel
Let him curse my name, but remember the truth!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2005, 5:09 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

*sigh* what IS IT with you and bad guys? :p

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2005, 9:12 pm 

Elberethsq wrote:
Well, there's a thread called Larael's Quotes to refer to - ummm, let's see, under which board was it? Oh no, Larael, I forgot!!!

Anyway, it has all her favorite quotes and the ones she especially liked. :bye2:

I haven't updated it in like a gazillion years!!!! your welcome ot post your favourite quotes there too. The quotes there are only from the books though. BTW, its in the miscellaneous book discussion board. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next