Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently December 17th, 2017, 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2005, 1:22 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian
User avatar

Joined: 02 August 2005
Posts: 231
Location: Lothlorien

Offline
:( yes its very sad when hes dies like that... Haldir was great!

Laivindur of Isengard wrote:
TTT is my favourite movie of the trilogy, so it's only natural that I love the Battle of Helms Deep. I agree with Elberethsq... the return of the Rohirrim with Gandalf and their attack on the Uruk-Hai was powerful stuff and I think a good definition of the new power that Gandalf seemed to posses. It was obvious he was reborn, revitalised and the white light signified just how powerful he really was [or had become]. He sent a message in that scene, he was the new head of the order of the Istari and ready to stand alongside [and lead] the peoples of Middle Earth against the dark powers - the only member of his order to, as they say, remain true to his purpose.

As far as running into a Urak goes.... I'd stand my ground! Frankly... I'm a fearless guy 8) lol.


TTT is my favorite movie from the trilogy to even though im a huge elf fan I think the Rohan culture was amazing

_________________
<img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/thequest/avatar_camila02.gif">
<img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/thequest/elijahwoodbanner.jpg>


Top
 Profile       WWW     YIM        
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2005, 3:16 pm 
Ent
Ent
User avatar

Joined: 12 June 2005
Posts: 637
Location: location of what??well...my bed is in my room, the sofa is down stairs...odd question

Offline
i love rohan!!!! :-D( YAY!!!!!!! now im an elf!!!!!!)

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2005, 7:23 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf
User avatar

Joined: 21 June 2005
Posts: 96
Location: Australia

Offline
Yáviel wrote:
TTT is my favorite movie from the trilogy too even though im a huge elf fan I think the Rohan culture was amazing


Yay! I think one of the biggest things for me about the movie was the music... the Two Towers soundtrack is my favourite of the three too. :-D I think I've listened to Forth Eorlingas about a hundred times already this week... that piece is in the background of Gandalf and the Rohirrim descending upon the Uruk-Hai and I think it's amazing!

_________________
In the wavering firelight, Gandalf seemed suddenly to grow: he rose up, a great menacing shape like the monument of some ancient <b>King of Stone</b>...


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2005, 4:39 pm 
Ent
Ent
User avatar

Joined: 12 June 2005
Posts: 637
Location: location of what??well...my bed is in my room, the sofa is down stairs...odd question

Offline
OH YEAH!!! i love the music for it, espessially the requirium that the played in tv spots and trailers

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2005, 5:31 pm 
Elf
Elf
User avatar

Joined: 17 August 2005
Posts: 1096
Location: Sneaking up on Elrond. Shhh!! ;)

Offline
Well, to me there were definately excellent parts in the battle of Helm's Deep, and also questionable parts. One of them, of course, has to do with Haldir. Not that it's TOTALLY unrealistic...but come one...did they have to kill that guy? :'( I mean, don't get me wrong, it was a very good source of drama and sort of gave more of a tragic feeling to the battle, especially when Haldir is looking around at all the other dead elves around him...but that really bummed me out when I saw it.

Another thing was the fact that it was mentioned once (DON'T ask me where. My memory is poorer than an Oliphant's...) that Legolas was the only elven survivor of the battle. I believe that, because they showed NO live elves after the battle...but what SENSE does that make?! Every single elf is killed except Legolas...even those that are stronger, more experienced, and older than he is? That bothered me a little bit. If the rest of them died, he would have died as well. After all, he didn't have any more protection or experience than they did.

But I personally thought that the smashing ending with Gandalf coming up in the light of the dawn with the Rohirrim behind him was REALLY well-done. My whole family cheered when we saw that, and my respect for Eomer suddenly went up a few notches. ;) That was a really cool part.

And the part where the trees came alive! Hahaha!! That was SO cool! Especially with the look on Legolas' face. Because, man, he comes from Mirkwood where he can talk to trees and stuff, but now he's sitting back as the entire forest comes to life and starts killing off all the orcs that ran inside! That was a great moment, and I'm really glad they stuck that in there.

And all in all I thought the fighting went very well. I mean, when I first watched FOTR, I honestly couldn't follow what was going on in the fight because of how fast everything was moving, and it just kind of looked like everything was spinning and crashing into each other. But after watching it a few more times, I was able to keep track of things, and I loved watching those guys fight those Uruks! The moves they used never really looked typical or over-done, and for that I was very grateful. I thought it was really well-filmed too.

But anyway, that's enough drabble from me. :) Sorry if I've bored anyone, but as I said before, (somewhere) I have a tendancy to talk when I have an opinion. :confused2:

_________________
Image
^ Made by Orry! Be jealous, be very jealous...
ImageImage
^ *sniffles* Thank you all so much! I'm so...so honored...*dabs at eyes*


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2005, 7:59 pm 
Mageling
Mageling
User avatar

Joined: 03 July 2005
Posts: 9846
Location: city that never sleeps

Offline
StardomeGirl wrote:
Another thing was the fact that it was mentioned once (DON'T ask me where. My memory is poorer than an Oliphant's...) that Legolas was the only elven survivor of the battle. I believe that, because they showed NO live elves after the battle...but what SENSE does that make?! Every single elf is killed except Legolas...even those that are stronger, more experienced, and older than he is? That bothered me a little bit. If the rest of them died, he would have died as well. After all, he didn't have any more protection or experience than they did.


don't remember that part. WHEN WAS IT MENTIONED?????? ;) :-D lol, I'm joking...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile       WWW            
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2005, 9:15 pm 
Elf
Elf
User avatar

Joined: 17 August 2005
Posts: 1096
Location: Sneaking up on Elrond. Shhh!! ;)

Offline
Lol Lady Dark Moon! :laughbounce: I know the feeling!

_________________
Image
^ Made by Orry! Be jealous, be very jealous...
ImageImage
^ *sniffles* Thank you all so much! I'm so...so honored...*dabs at eyes*


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2005, 9:55 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 15181
Location: Minas Morgul

Offline
I...don't think it was mentioned....I mean ---- surely this isn't from the books because no elves at all showed up at Helm's Deep....besides Legolas of course.

_________________
<center>

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>


</center>


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2005, 10:00 pm 
Elf
Elf
User avatar

Joined: 17 August 2005
Posts: 1096
Location: Sneaking up on Elrond. Shhh!! ;)

Offline
Oh no, no, I didn't mean it was mentioned in the books! :-D No, it was like an article or something about the movie...>shakes head< I don't remember where I saw it, but it was there. But you're right Kitoky, it was definately not in the books! :blink:

_________________
Image
^ Made by Orry! Be jealous, be very jealous...
ImageImage
^ *sniffles* Thank you all so much! I'm so...so honored...*dabs at eyes*


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 31st, 2005, 1:53 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf
User avatar

Joined: 17 August 2005
Posts: 94
Location: Gondor..o no i am dead..i forgot

Offline
StardomeGirl wrote:
Oh no, no, I didn't mean it was mentioned in the books! :-D No, it was like an article or something about the movie...>shakes head< I don't remember where I saw it, but it was there. But you're right Kitoky, it was definately not in the books! :blink:


* Does remember* it was in a topic on this forum..i read it as well.. :D

and yes it was kindda wierd..that like you did not see any elfs after the battle..and .???..Arwen...??? was she there i did not see her at least i did not see her in the thearitical (* doesnt know how to write thearitical* ..) film...and if she was there wat was she doing..flirting with the other elfes while aragorn was bussy killin' some orcs and uruks.. ??? :D :)


Namarie

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2005, 8:51 pm 
Vala
Vala
User avatar

Joined: 03 June 2005
Posts: 5603
Location: Canada
Country: Canada (ca)

Offline
I loved the battle of helm's deep. I thought that it was excellent...even though I was a bit confused about the elves being there

_________________
Proud Member of the The Evilishy Nazgûl Alliance for World Domination
{Beri}
Image


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2005, 8:44 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf
User avatar

Joined: 05 June 2005
Posts: 982
Location: on a planet in the near visnity of Beetlejuse

Offline
Dude I toatlly agree with you Helm's Deep was awsome.

_________________
In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea.

My other TARDIS is a police box.

http://www.roleplayultimum.proboards100.com/index.cgi
Image
Image


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 12th, 2005, 6:36 pm 
Ent
Ent
User avatar

Joined: 12 June 2005
Posts: 637
Location: location of what??well...my bed is in my room, the sofa is down stairs...odd question

Offline
StardomeGirl wrote:
Well, to me there were definately excellent parts in the battle of Helm's Deep, and also questionable parts. One of them, of course, has to do with Haldir. Not that it's TOTALLY unrealistic...but come one...did they have to kill that guy? :'( I mean, don't get me wrong, it was a very good source of drama and sort of gave more of a tragic feeling to the battle, especially when Haldir is looking around at all the other dead elves around him...but that really bummed me out when I saw it.

Another thing was the fact that it was mentioned once (DON'T ask me where. My memory is poorer than an Oliphant's...) that Legolas was the only elven survivor of the battle. I believe that, because they showed NO live elves after the battle...but what SENSE does that make?! Every single elf is killed except Legolas...even those that are stronger, more experienced, and older than he is? That bothered me a little bit. If the rest of them died, he would have died as well. After all, he didn't have any more protection or experience than they did.

But I personally thought that the smashing ending with Gandalf coming up in the light of the dawn with the Rohirrim behind him was REALLY well-done. My whole family cheered when we saw that, and my respect for Eomer suddenly went up a few notches. ;) That was a really cool part.

And the part where the trees came alive! Hahaha!! That was SO cool! Especially with the look on Legolas' face. Because, man, he comes from Mirkwood where he can talk to trees and stuff, but now he's sitting back as the entire forest comes to life and starts killing off all the orcs that ran inside! That was a great moment, and I'm really glad they stuck that in there.

And all in all I thought the fighting went very well. I mean, when I first watched FOTR, I honestly couldn't follow what was going on in the fight because of how fast everything was moving, and it just kind of looked like everything was spinning and crashing into each other. But after watching it a few more times, I was able to keep track of things, and I loved watching those guys fight those Uruks! The moves they used never really looked typical or over-done, and for that I was very grateful. I thought it was really well-filmed too.

But anyway, that's enough drabble from me. :) Sorry if I've bored anyone, but as I said before, (somewhere) I have a tendancy to talk when I have an opinion. :confused2:

nooooo!!!!....don't remind me of haldirs death!!!!!! :'( and w/eomer my respect was already at its top notch...somehow it raised too....im not sure how though

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 17th, 2005, 2:09 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit
User avatar

Joined: 11 September 2005
Posts: 48

Offline
i like it. it was good, but all in all the two towers had A LOT more fighting than the books (and that bothered me because Shelob's lair should've been in TTT!!)

i absolutely loved it when legolas rode down the stairs on his shield!!! that was awesome! probably one of the best moves of all time!


Top
 Profile       WWW            
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2006, 8:29 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit
User avatar

Joined: 02 January 2006
Posts: 36
Location: Breiholz-cityy/Germany^^

Offline
the battle at helms deep is my favourite!!! i love especially when legolas was skating on a shield. thats sooo damn funny!!

_________________
<<And>>
Image


Top
 Profile       WWW         ICQ    
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2006, 6:27 pm 
Maia
Maia
User avatar

Joined: 01 November 2005
Posts: 4785
Location: Middle Earth

Offline
thechosenone wrote:
i like it. it was good, but all in all the two towers had A LOT more fighting than the books (and that bothered me because Shelob's lair should've been in TTT!!)


actually I liked that shelob's lair was moved to RotK, because it's actually then chronologically, when the rotk things in Rohan & Gondor are going on. Plus, there was all the climax with Helm's Deep, and it would have conflicted with a huge spider...so the movies run better and make more sense. :) (Even tho I don't)

_________________
<center> all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us
Image

Thank you for five-plus wonderful years of obsession, friendship and fun


Top
 Profile                  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Boyz theme by Zarron Media 2003