Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Weird things in TTT...
PostPosted: June 13th, 2005, 1:57 pm 

Ok, this might sound crazy, but there are some weird things going on in TTT. You know how Aragorn and Legolas have horses right before they go into Fangorn Forest?? What did they do with the horses while they were in there?? B/c they had them again after they got out and were heading towards Rohan. Am I the only one who noticed this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 13th, 2005, 4:04 pm 

I'm almost sure that is because before going in the forest something scares away the horses and they had to go in the forest with out them. It says it in the book my Elf friend...I think. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2005, 4:16 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Legolas could probably do some Elven-spell to make the horses stay still :p

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 15th, 2005, 12:33 pm 

Elf Lady Alane wrote:
I'm almost sure that is because before going in the forest something scares away the horses and they had to go in the forest with out them. It says it in the book my Elf friend...I think. :)

Yeah, I know that in the book they meet Shadowfax, etc. But they didn't do any of that in the movie. So I think it's kinda weird b/c they just leave you hanging, you know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 15th, 2005, 5:36 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I didn't notice first...but one of my friends said that Pip had his ivy medallion again...even though he left it behind fer aragorn ;) :P
Details.... I never care :) But I see yer point.

My Site - Alba Illuminata

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Anyone notice THIS?!
PostPosted: June 15th, 2005, 6:14 pm 

Heh, what I found really weird was that even AFTER GETTING STABBED IN THE BACK, GRISHNICH...GRISHNICK....GRISNIAZ...oh whatever, "Grishie" IS STILL UP AND RUNNING. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? HOW?!

Oh yes, and one more thing: notice how, after falling down an ENDLESS TUNNEL, into an BOTTOMLESS POOL, Gandalf and the Balrog appear ON CAHARDRAS. Somethings VERY wrong here. IN THE BOOK, Gandalf followed to Balrog up an ENDLESS STAIR, to Cahardras. AND THEY CUT THAT VERY IMPORTANT PART OUT. I'm still ticked off about that.... :explode:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 15th, 2005, 7:17 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I didn't notice, but you've got a point there. Obviously, the filmmakers were hoping that us LotR fans wouldn't care to notice - tehe, they guessed wrong in your case. Also, in RotK, when Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli lost their two horses involuntarily - well, I noticed that Legolas kind of let go of the reins when the horse was trying to escape - it made it look like he was letting the horse go when he should be resisting.

Hmm. We're being very cynical aren't we? :bye2:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 16th, 2005, 3:34 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

lol I TRY not to pick up on the messed up parts... but it's so hard not to see them sometimes!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 16th, 2005, 3:06 pm 
Istari
Istari

I noticed the strange thing with Gandalf and the Balrog too... I know it's told in the book, but in the film it's so.. hm... can't find the word..

Post subject: Bahaha
PostPosted: June 16th, 2005, 4:35 pm 

...disguised? Forgotten? Cut out? Wait...obviously... :duh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 16th, 2005, 6:13 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Quote:
I noticed that Legolas kind of let go of the reins when the horse was trying to escape - it made it look like he was letting the horse go when he should be resisting.

Legolas likely didn't want to make Arod go where he didn't want to go. Legolas being an elf would likely be kind enough to not make Arod endure being really scared.

Quote:
Legolas could probably do some Elven-spell to make the horses stay still

I don't really think there was really magic of that sort of extent that elves used. And if Legolas could do stuff like that then he might have been able to make the orcs go away when the had to fight. They could have easily just picketed the horses outside Fangorn and left them there because the might have thought it would be hard to lead the horses through the dense trees.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 16th, 2005, 7:35 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Eldariel wrote:
Quote:
I noticed that Legolas kind of let go of the reins when the horse was trying to escape - it made it look like he was letting the horse go when he should be resisting.

Legolas likely didn't want to make Arod go where he didn't want to go. Legolas being an elf would likely be kind enough to not make Arod endure being really scared.

Quote:
Legolas could probably do some Elven-spell to make the horses stay still

I don't really think there was really magic of that sort of extent that elves used. And if Legolas could do stuff like that then he might have been able to make the orcs go away when the had to fight. They could have easily just picketed the horses outside Fangorn and left them there because the might have thought it would be hard to lead the horses through the dense trees.

Oh, you're being so logical! But of course, you are right, and Legolas was in his right mind in letting Arod go I suppose. But just because he's an elf doesn't mean that he is kind, even though I suppose he is. :bye2:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 18th, 2005, 9:46 pm 

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Legsie bieng mean just kills me, unless he's bieng tough like to the orc after the warg battle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 20th, 2005, 10:16 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Oh no one's accusing him of being mean - why would we say such things in front of you, Larael Greenleaf? We all know that you just LOVE him! :-D :bye2:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2005, 9:43 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

There were a lot of weird parts in the movies, but PJ did a good job and tried his best. Can you imagine how much it woulda cost him to even just put in the scene with Gandalf and the Balrog going up the stairs?!! The computer graphics for the Balrog alone would have been ENORMOUS and woulda cost him a lot. I respect him for the work he HAS done and TRY not to critisize, althought certain parts do bug me. Oh and in one scene in Fangorn one of Legolas' eyes is green and one is blue...just thought I'd point that out :-D

:bye2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2005, 2:24 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

why the horses are missing in fanghorn- in the book, the "old man" (whom they assume is saruman) comes to the edge of their camp and scares the horses away. later, the horses come back.

pippin gets the clasp back- also in the book, aragorn picks it up and gives it back to pippin when he sees him. "the mallorn leaves of lorien are precious..."

Sam: I never said that!
Dean: You're always sayin' pansy stuff like that.

Profile       WWW